Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 77856 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Many have noticed already, that I have found less and less time to participate actively
in BitShares related topics like politics, development, etc.

In particular in these days, I have to focus on my own businesses more than ever and
thus don't find time to participate in projects for the fun alone. This includes my
participation on social media channel, businesses, support, development on various
github repositories and the foundation.

However, I realize that my assistance might be helpful from time to time. This is why
I will still be available for this community and the BitShares Blockchain, however,
no longer for free.

Furthermore I don't have the time to prepare another random worker proposal with
all the politics and drama involved. For this reason, I ask the community to provide
funding (through any means) upfront if they like to hire me for work.

In the meantime, I'd like to also let everyone know that there are talks for a sale of
bitshares.eu.

Fare well.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Please consider vote for Worker: 1.14.236 BAIP-Threshold to increase the number of votes required, one of the criteria to pass a BAIP(BitAssets Improvement Proposal).
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Can you approve Committee-account Proposal: 1.10.50903 to Create a new Worker "BAIP-Threshold"? Is one of the criteria to pass a BAIP(BitAssets Improvement Proposal)

https://github.com/bitshares/baips/blob/master/baip-0001.md
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline Sapiens

• View Profile
I support the following BSIPs:

BSIP 73: Match force-settlement orders with margin calls and limit orders
    BSIP 72: Tanks and Taps: A General Solution for Smart Contract Asset Handling
    BSIP 70: Peer-to-Peer Leveraged Trading
    BSIP 69: Additional Assert Predicates
    BSIP 64: Optional HTLC preimage length, HASH160 addition, and memo field
    BSIP 62: Close margin position
    BSIP 61: Operation to Update Limit Orders
    BSIP 57: Managed Vesting Balances
    BSIP 47: Vote Proxies for Different Referendum Categories and explicit voting operation
    BSIP 45: Add BitAsset as Backing Collateral flag/permission
    BSIP 39: Automatically approve proposals by the proposer
    BSIP 22: Vote Decay for Witnesses, Committee members & Proxies

Also, I am not 100% sure vote-decay will change things to the better, but I am willing to support this experiment.

Thanks man, very appreciated your effort and time is here.

Good that you gave a chance to vote decay too.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I support the following BSIPs:

BSIP 73: Match force-settlement orders with margin calls and limit orders
    BSIP 72: Tanks and Taps: A General Solution for Smart Contract Asset Handling
    BSIP 70: Peer-to-Peer Leveraged Trading
    BSIP 69: Additional Assert Predicates
    BSIP 64: Optional HTLC preimage length, HASH160 addition, and memo field
    BSIP 62: Close margin position
    BSIP 61: Operation to Update Limit Orders
    BSIP 57: Managed Vesting Balances
    BSIP 47: Vote Proxies for Different Referendum Categories and explicit voting operation
    BSIP 45: Add BitAsset as Backing Collateral flag/permission
    BSIP 39: Automatically approve proposals by the proposer
    BSIP 22: Vote Decay for Witnesses, Committee members & Proxies

Also, I am not 100% sure vote-decay will change things to the better, but I am willing to support this experiment.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:22:36 am by xeroc »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
hi, Fabian,

I hope you can support to reduce bitUSD MCR to 1.5 based on careful consideration.

bitUSD is ill, we need to find ways to help it to recover.

Dr. Brown has already published his first paper about smartcoin mechanism, although the research is based on a simple model, it give some conclusion that it make sense to set MCR<1.53 to incentivize smartcoin supply.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28823.0

the risk of undercollateralization is very limited, especially when bitUSD is already under GS protection.

set USD MCR=1.5 and keep CNY MCR=1.6 will also attract capital from CNY market to USD market to help bitUSD to recover.

please support for a more prosperous ecosystem. thanks!

This what he said about his particular paper numbers:
  • The specific numbers used in the paper (MSSR= 1.005, 1.01, 1.02 and MCR= 1.4, 1.5, 1.6) are to be taken with a grain of salt. I used them to illustrate the general shape of the problem, not to draw any specific conclusions about those particular parameter choices.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
hi, Fabian,

I hope you can support to reduce bitUSD MCR to 1.5 based on careful consideration.

bitUSD is ill, we need to find ways to help it to recover.

Dr. Brown has already published his first paper about smartcoin mechanism, although the research is based on a simple model, it give some conclusion that it make sense to set MCR<1.53 to incentivize smartcoin supply.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28823.0

the risk of undercollateralization is very limited, especially when bitUSD is already under GS protection.

set USD MCR=1.5 and keep CNY MCR=1.6 will also attract capital from CNY market to USD market to help bitUSD to recover.

please support for a more prosperous ecosystem. thanks!

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Thom

Why this argumentation now and not before when GS Protection have been voted in ?
Am I the only one required to be responsible here Thule? I don't know why other witnesses failed to provide arguments, but I have been pushing against price manipulation since before the BSIP42 fiasco.

Also i disagree about bad debt holders behavior.They took debt to push the ecosystem of bitshares.If some people start collecting all stablecoins from that bitassets and keep holding them even in a downtrend
Would you please elaborate on this point? I don't understand it.

what do you want the debt holders to do if there is no USD they could buy in a reasonable price range ?
I want them to manage their own debt better. If they wish to trade in a volatile market, they need to increase their collateral. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Problem is traders see collateral as a limitation of how much profit they can gain rather than as a necessary means of providing trading safety in such markets.

A few people and workers sucked out majority of USD.
I believe that is irrelevant to discussion of GS "protection".
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Why this argumentation now and not before when GS Protection have been voted in ?
If something is voted in for months i would thought it will be implemented since i didn't saw any conter argument from witnesses till now.

Also i disagree about bad debt holders behavior.They took debt to push the ecosystem of bitshares.If some people start collecting all stablecoins from that bitassets and keep holding them even in a downtrend what do you want the debt holders to do if there is no USD they could buy in a reasonable price range ?

A few people and workers sucked out majority of USD.

Offline Thom

Please Unvote 9 Witnesses that have No Feed Global Protection for BitUSD.

liondani, verbaltech2, delegate-1.lafona, xn-delegate, abc123, xman, fox, roelandp, in.abit

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28662.msg332430;topicseen#msg332430

It would be nice if you said what this Feed Global Protection is. Your call to unvote witnesses for some fictitious "protection" just shows how the need to reform expectations about GS.

There is NO SUCH THING as GS protection besides people learning to manage THEIR OWN collateral properly. This platform was built to provide trading safety for all participants, but UNDER THEIR OWN PERSONAL CONTROL.

Those who cry for price manipulation as a means of "GS Protection" are pushing their responsibility for collateral management onto others. It is  irresponsible and causes everyone to pay for it. Black Swan events will NOT STOP until this behavior is disincentivized. This is the 2nd black swan of BitUSD in under 1 year.

How long will this be tolerated? As long as those with voting power continue to allow the draining the reserve pool through subsidizing bad trading behavior of those who refuse to manage their collateral properly.

I have found no info that anyone has used the MCR fix (which took devs a very long time to implement, test and deploy into production) to control feeds better. Why not? Why ask for fake price feeds (changing prices ignoring feed sources, i.e. price manipulation) to protect a bad debt position?

Such repeated behavior is killing whatever integrity Bit Assets had on this platform. Just shows how far the Austrian economic principles of free trade have been corrupted in favor of mainstream Keynesian thinking that is destroying economies worldwide, and how short sighted people are in not seeing it occur right before their own eyes.

Until I see more responsible actions taken I have stopped feeding CNY and USD prices to remove this witness from participating in further corruption.

If you call for unvoting witnesses for not publishing specific feeds, make sure you also call for unvoting witnesses that refuse to publish ALL feeds (gdex-witness, abit, magicwallet.witness, xn-delegate, delegate.freedom, xman, witness.hiblockchain and sahkan-bitshares), or come up with a list of BitAsset feeds all witnesses must supply or be voted out. Such a list does not exist now, so calling for witness removal is premature based on which BitAssets feeds are or are not published.

Any idiot can call for unvoting anything, workers, witnesses, committee members etc, that is what we here in the USA call freedom of speech. Those same people show their lack of responsibility and ignorance by not providing good reasons, and those who blindly take such action without such reasons show they are simply order followers who do the bidding of their commanding overlords, just like the inhuman monsters that killed millions in Nazi Germany in WW2.

When will this attitude of violence, aggression and irresponsibility end? When good men step up and take action to stop it, and unfortunately I don't see much of that going on.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:35:37 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile
Please Unvote 9 Witnesses that have No Feed Global Protection for BitUSD.

liondani, verbaltech2, delegate-1.lafona, xn-delegate, abc123, xman, fox, roelandp, in.abit

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28662.msg332430;topicseen#msg332430

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I now also vote for:

1.14.208 - Poll - BSIP59 - Keep MSSR of bitUSD as 1.02
1.14.206 - 2019-06-decentralized-partnership
1.14.205 - Poll - increase BTS holdings with accumulated market fee
1.14.204 - 201907-uccs-research-project
1.14.202 - BITCNY Opposing the Direct Destruction of Mortgage BTS
1.14.200 - [poll] BTS repurchase destruction proposal
1.14.199 - DEXBot WP3 - Liquidity for the DEX
1.14.198 - 201906-bitshares-mobile-app
1.14.190 - Article and Brand Marketing on Major News Websites
1.14.189 - 2nd Global Graphene Devcon in Shanghai

Offline btspp

Hi xeroc

Thank you for your support of BitShares Mobile Worker. We have completed the work of the established Worker and added and adjusted the functionality of the user suggestions.

In the past few months, we have demonstrated high-quality and high-quality work ability and serious work attitude. We have completed the basic functions including registration, login, transaction, transfer, voting, mortgage, etc., as well as multi-sign, proposal management, HTLC cross Chain transfer, multiple gateways feature.

In the new phase, we will continue to maintain a pragmatic working attitude and efficient work ability to continue to provide reliable maintenance and development work for BitShares Mobile.

I hope to get support from you and the community members you represent.

I look forward to more communication with you in Shanghai.

Related introductions and video presentations

2018-2019 Work Report
2019-2020 Work Plan
BitShares Mobile - Video「YouTube」
BitShares Mobile - Video「优酷」

Source Code&Download
GitHub
Download

Please vote for us

Proposal: 201906-bitshares-mobile-app
ID: 1.14.198
Email:contact@btsplusplus.com
Witness:btspp-witness

Offline kimchi-king

Hi Fabian,

On behalf of the DEXBot team, I would like to inform you that the latest DEXBot WP is now live on our website and available to review.

https://www.dexbot.info/2019/06/04/dexbot-worker-proposal-wp3/

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

Respectfully,
Kevin Messerly
AKA Kimchi King