Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] 201906 Bitshares Mobile App Proposal  (Read 3406 times)

Offline sschiessl

Re: [Worker Proposal] 201906 Bitshares Mobile App Proposal
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2019, 05:24:07 am »
But as we replied above, our WP content is only responsible for the DEVELOPMENT of the APP. This is an open source community software.
ANYONE CAN OPERATE. (Of course you can run the app yourself and use your own faucet.)

While this is true, you are already operating the app on behalf of the community in the Google App Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bitshares.app

And I very much like that, and I would like to keep it that way. The app is branded for BitShares and as such _should_ benefit the community with incoming referral rewards. I always assumed that the public codebase that is available is the community version (as it should be IMO!). Of course now any third party could copy, re-brand and use their own faucet.

2. About the replacement of the BBF faucet, it also depends on the progress of the BBF, or Apple's progress, not entirely determined by us.

BBF never had the intention to create a new version of the app with another faucet, the app that you are distributing is the community version in my eyes. Providing the same app twice would hurt the ecosystem. We will keep you posted on the certificates.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• Global Moderator
  • 13 years of being Slackware abUser
    • View Profile
    • BitShares 3.0
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 05:35:23 am »
But as we replied above, our WP content is only responsible for the DEVELOPMENT of the APP. This is an open source community software.
ANYONE CAN OPERATE. (Of course you can run the app yourself and use your own faucet.)

While this is true, you are already operating the app on behalf of the community in the Google App Store:

And I very much like that, and I would like to keep it that way. The app is branded for BitShares and as such _should_ benefit the community with incoming referral rewards. I always assumed that the public codebase that is available is the community version (as it should be IMO!). Of course now any third party could copy, re-brand and use their own faucet.

2. About the replacement of the BBF faucet, it also depends on the progress of the BBF, or Apple's progress, not entirely determined by us.

BBF never had the intention to create a new version of the app with another faucet, the app that you are distributing is the community version in my eyes. Providing the same app twice would hurt the ecosystem. We will keep you posted on the certificates.

And as any other BitShares WALLET should be using BitShares Faucet.

e.g.
- bitshares.org
- BitShares UI
- BitShares Community UI (even not finalized, Trusty had to remove their own faucet during development)

Another thing is this:

1) You nicely selected yourself as an escrow
2) You did resale of finished app that you publicly open-sourced as the terms of the worker
3) You are representing BitShares, and unless BitShares has income from you - sense of referrals, in what business sense would be normal to have costs only towards worker ?

Again, "fair" is here an issue, not the original terms. And as far I can see, you silently took ~31,000.00 USD extra in July from that BitShares branding.

If you came by yourself and said - HERE 50% to blockchain, 50% to us, i'm sure nobody would dispute.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org through Consensus
Move Institute - RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia, SI.

Offline btspp

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 01:33:45 pm »
1. Will do. Thanks. and re Faucet - Correct, if its not having activity/marketing funded/adopted by Worker. I'm quite sure that before you joined BitShares through worker, those referrals were x6 to x10 less - without even looking. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
2. Update on progress from both parties would be more reasonable, just to understand who is slow. We do have faucet worker that is funded and shouldn't be taking 2 months to properly sign you up for it.
3. Paying developers by having enough BTS to do CR means your worker is over-funded. CR 1.33 on BitUSD is disaster and please adjust it properly (to minimum of 1.6).
Chee®s
1、I think the x6 to x10 data is not very accurate. According to our observations, most of our last month's share was from the ACRLL/CNY trading pair. I guess they are not BTS users.
2、We also hope to complete this as soon as possible. However, according to the news that stefan gave me, Apple should have good news next week. I think this part should be very fast.
3、This is the same as before. I can't control the investment behavior of other members. I think he was 1.6 or above or 2.0 before. Just because the market was forced to drop to 1.33, he did not want it.
Email:[email protected]
Witness:btspp-witness

Offline btspp

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 01:37:09 pm »

Hello stefan
I want to give you a detailed explanation. We are not planning to offer two versions on AppStore and GooglePlay. After the Apple Developer account and the Google Developer account are completed. We will re-release the current version with the account requested by BBF, and this version will use the community's faucet. There are no two different versions in the store.

Offline btspp

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2019, 01:54:32 pm »

e.g.
- bitshares.org
- BitShares UI
- BitShares Community UI (even not finalized, Trusty had to remove their own faucet during development)

Another thing is this:

2) You did resale of finished app that you publicly open-sourced as the terms of the worker
3) You are representing BitShares, and unless BitShares has income from you - sense of referrals, in what business sense would be normal to have costs only towards worker ?

Again, "fair" is here an issue, not the original terms. And as far I can see, you silently took ~31,000.00 USD extra in July from that BitShares branding.

If you came by yourself and said - HERE 50% to blockchain, 50% to us, i'm sure nobody would dispute.

Chee®s
1、I don't think there is any problem with this. We did not participate in the approval of the proposal. It’s all done by three of them.
And our account accounts for only 50% of the weight.
http://bts.ai/u/clockwork-projects-decentralized This WP creator has 100% weight.
http://bts.ai/u/healingvibes420 The creator of this WP even has full control over the ownership of the account.
2、I don't quite understand what you mean. But isn't the current ref wallet free to deploy and replace it with its own faucet?
3、I think you only saw the gains from last month (and indeed we are very outside, this is a good extra income. But this is not long-lasting.). did not see our own operating and promotion costs last year. And we promise to return the subsequent operating costs of $9100.
about the BitShares trademark, we have always been BTS++. After the GooglePlay version goes live, we adjust to the current name and icon based on community recommendations (including your comments in the telegram).
We are very grateful, so we are also actively seeking to put on top of bitshares.org, AppStore and so on. :)

Offline sschiessl

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2019, 04:44:32 am »
3、I think you only saw the gains from last month (and indeed we are very outside, this is a good extra income. But this is not long-lasting.). did not see our own operating and promotion costs last year. And we promise to return the subsequent operating costs of $9100.
about the BitShares trademark, we have always been BTS++. After the GooglePlay version goes live, we adjust to the current name and icon based on community recommendations (including your comments in the telegram).
We are very grateful, so we are also actively seeking to put on top of bitshares.org, AppStore and so on. :)

I think covering expenses of the worker with the market fee sharing income is somewhat acceptable. If it is merely profit, it should go to the community.

I read in the cn-vote that you had discussions with them rating the success of the mobile app. Could you share those numbers and statistics please publicly in here (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28326.msg333884#msg333884)? This might also help to understand your motivation how the market fee sharing income is used ...

Offline Digital Lucifer

• Global Moderator
  • 13 years of being Slackware abUser
    • View Profile
    • BitShares 3.0
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 10:48:58 am »

e.g.
- bitshares.org
- BitShares UI

Another thing is this:

Chee®s
http://bts.ai/u/healingvibes420 The creator of this WP even has full control over the ownership of the account.

Owner of that account and original creator of that WP, Aaron Mangal submitted his U.S. Citizen ID card along signed agreement with Move Institute (Slovenian non-profit from my signature, and 2nd escrow around consensus). Keys were handed over by proper channels in paper wallet form and restrictions were made -> legal and serious ones for a change.

Most of the discussion is public, and one of worker requirements actually to approve that worker was to hand it over to the escrow.

Many thanks for clarifications and chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org through Consensus
Move Institute - RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia, SI.

Offline btspp

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2019, 01:13:42 am »
Update: remove the btspp-team account from the WORKER multi-sign permissions.