Author Topic: why not borrowing?  (Read 13919 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
If CEX offered the ability to borrow bitCNY using BTS directly on their CEX (borrowing on BTS DEX on their behalf) perhaps you'd see more borrowers?

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile
我觉得搞错对象了,每个人的玩法还有可承受风险是不一样的,你应该去拉抵押ETH借DAI的那些人。

Offline bitstopia2049

• View Profile
in your eyes anytime the market is in down trend and we shouldn't do anything until the up trend come.

some CEXs has adopted CNY as base currency but suffered the shortage of bitCNY and finally unlisted it.

currently the key task is to guarantee the bitCNY supply.

No, that is your claim.Its a reason why some people don't borrow currently.I'm  fully in stablecoin and observing some bigger players who do borrow i also saw they exchanged part of their debt to stablecoins.

I agree that main focus should be now to provide supply of stable coins but we have also to accept that current stable coins can be mainly only used to buy directly BTS.
First goal should be to make stable coins more attractiv to be able to buy other major coins anytime at market prices and giving holders of stable coins the possibility to use it on diffrent exchanges with small spread in prices.

Frankly ..I don't put too much weight behind TA (technical analysis)...because at then end of the day..it's all a reflection of mass psychology... that's why $billions are spent on advertising every day..

how else does one explain the valuation of Dogecoin(#29) while BTS is (#51).... or CryptoKitties..

I think social, economic, financial and politcal events will impact price more than anything else...

You never know what kind of motivation will move markets...

https://bitcoinist.com/how-the-mega-rich-buy-their-bitcoin

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-exchange-site-traffic-may-coinbase-binance/

1.Leverage via stablecoins which makes BTS more volatile.It also means that BTS will rise way quicker in an uptrend than dodgecoin .
2.Way better marketing and adoption of dodgecoin.For me it currently seems bitshares oversleept marketing and adoption compared to other coins which it needs now to catch up quickly.

A good refference point is DAI.
How does it come that DAI is already listed everywhere where bitshares or its stablecoins try to get implemented?

Since you don't care about major TA signals what event is bitshares going to produce in next 30 days which in your opinion will impact the price more than major trends ?
I'm asking cause i do also belive that some events are stronger than market trends.

I agree with you...Marketing has to generate multiple consumer use cases for smartcoins in order to have steady growth and adoption..

Right now BTS needs a "spark" or catalyst to spike the demand...

I sent you a PM

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
the smartcoin supply cannot even satisfy the needs for trading with BTS, how to supply them for trading with others?

the problem of bitCNY is different with DAI, because ETH has a much bigger market cap than BTS, so 2% ETH as collateral can make DAI close to over supplied. how can bitCNY to get this?

we need first to make BTS price to go above 6 CNY and then can talk the smartcoin economy. can talk bitCNY adoption in otherwhere.

I'll let you know that you do not always have chance to buy so cheap BTS.

current BTS is not so volatile as before.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
in your eyes anytime the market is in down trend and we shouldn't do anything until the up trend come.

some CEXs has adopted CNY as base currency but suffered the shortage of bitCNY and finally unlisted it.

No, that is your claim.Its a reason why some people don't borrow currently.I'm  fully in stablecoin and observing some bigger players who do borrow i also saw they exchanged part of their debt to stablecoins.

I agree that main focus should be now to provide supply of stable coins but we have also to accept that current stable coins can be mainly only used to buy directly BTS.
First goal should be to make stable coins more attractiv to be able to buy other major coins anytime at market prices and giving holders of stable coins the possibility to use it on diffrent exchanges with small spread in prices.

Frankly ..I don't put too much weight behind TA (technical analysis)...because at then end of the day..it's all a reflection of mass psychology... that's why $billions are spent on advertising every day..

how else does one explain the valuation of Dogecoin(#29) while BTS is (#51).... or CryptoKitties..

I think social, economic, financial and politcal events will impact price more than anything else...

1.Leverage via stablecoins which makes BTS more volatile.It also means that BTS will rise way quicker in an uptrend than dodgecoin .
2.Way better marketing and adoption of dodgecoin.For me it currently seems bitshares oversleept marketing and adoption compared to other coins which it needs now to catch up quickly.

A good refference point is DAI.
How does it come that DAI is already listed everywhere where bitshares or its stablecoins try to get implemented?

Since you don't care about major TA signals what event is bitshares going to produce in next 30 days which in your opinion will impact the price more than major trends ?
I'm asking cause i do also belive that some events are stronger than market trends.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:35:43 am by Thul3 »

Offline bitstopia2049

• View Profile
this current (BTC) somewhat bullish market sentiment

Where do you see a bullish market sentiment ?

Weekly candle just confirmed of trend change

Also the use case of bitassets is currently very limited with big spreads when you watch major assets volume against bitassets.
BitCNY on a major CEX with cross trading and mirrored offers via DEXbot (on DEX,ZB,AEX and major CEX) could make a big diffrence making these bitassets more attractive again closing the gap and increasing the volume and liquidity.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Lend it maybe better for the big holder.

add leverage to buy more BTS
sell BTS to reduce leverage.
based on the judgement of the market trend.

not easy to say which is better, the key point is how to control the risk via adjusting leverage, either lending or buying more BTS you have to face hand handle this problem.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Lend it maybe better for the big holder.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Also the use case of bitassets is currently very limited with big spreads when you watch major assets volume against bitassets.
BitCNY on a major CEX with cross trading and mirrored offers via DEXbot (on DEX,ZB,AEX and major CEX) could make a big diffrence making these bitassets more attractive again closing the gap and increasing the volume and liquidity.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
The key point is how to use it after borrowing out?

Buy bts or other token?

Lend it?how?

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
The key point is how to use it after borrowing out?

Buy bts or other token?

Lend it?how?

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
this current (BTC) somewhat bullish market sentiment

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:25:54 pm by Thul3 »

Offline bitstopia2049

• View Profile
You have a million USD, you should go get a collateralized loan so the bank has more money to use.

Yes, that's the logic for the smartcoin economy to become prosperous.

surely this is not saying "responsibility" or "job", it's saying there is incentive for whales to do so.

and it seems few are interested in doing so, it's somehow disappointing.

I plan to contact more rich persons and try to lobby them to become smartcoin producers.

it's very possible that some time in recent future the chance to buy big amount of BTS under 0.5CNY will disappear, will you feel regret?

The images did not display properly ?

I would guess that the whales would produce more smart coins if they can be convinced that the demand will continue to grow
along with this current (BTC) somewhat bullish market sentiment and make it worthwhile for them over the longer term..

I sent a PM to you with an idea to grow demand

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
You have a million USD, you should go get a collateralized loan so the bank has more money to use.

Yes, that's the logic for the smartcoin economy to become prosperous.

surely this is not saying "responsibility" or "job", it's saying there is incentive for whales to do so.

and it seems few are interested in doing so, it's somehow disappointing.

I plan to contact more rich persons and try to lobby them to become smartcoin producers.

it's very possible that some time in recent future the chance to buy big amount of BTS under 0.5CNY will disappear, will you feel regret?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:03:41 pm by bitcrab »

Offline iamredbar

I don’t think that it is a whales job to accumulate debt. That is actually the opposite of being financially responsible (in a personal sense).

To me, this is sort of like saying: You have a million USD, you should go get a collateralized loan so the bank has more money to use.