Author Topic: [Pre-Worker Discussion] - Decentralized 2019 Sponsorship - Call to businesses  (Read 8905 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
I have looked into the introduction of this meeting, it seems pretty good, therefore I would like to see the presence of BitShares on this conference.

As for the budget, it's up to voters. Maybe you can create three proposals, and see which one get the highest votes in the end.

We need more activities and media exposures for BitShares.

Create just one proposal and push it, I don't see reason for delays. I suggest you start it fast if you wanna make that down-payment, and if you wanna get votes.

Many thanks for detailed specifics of the project/worker and payments Alex.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I have looked into the introduction of this meeting, it seems pretty good, therefore I would like to see the presence of BitShares on this conference.

As for the budget, it's up to voters. Maybe you can create three proposals, and see which one get the highest votes in the end.

We need more activities and media exposures for BitShares.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Quick update:

I am currently in discussions with the University of Nicosia to potentially accept BTS / bitAssets as tuition fee payment for their courses if we partner up join the IFF.

Can you please create again post on what are all the benefits (by points) for these 200,000.00 USD potential worker ? (What does include, because its not just Decentralized event anymore)

Chee®s

Sure! I was planning on doing so anyway.

So here's the situation so far.

We have been offered the following:

• Becoming event partners
  • Decentralized Conference listed and marketed everywhere as  POWERED BY UNIC AND BitShares. This includes all their own paid marketing campaigns. Next push starts on July 10th
  • BitShares logo on name badges and lanyards
  • BitShares video as screensaver on all stages between sessions
  • Paid production of a sponsor-dedicated event-video after the event
  • Private BitShares named meeting room at the conference
  • Video presentation/ad to be played during coffee break
  • Partner mention/thank you during opening/closing of conference
  • Double booth in best location in Exhibition Hall
  • 1 x Plenary/Keynote speaker
  • 4 x Session speakers
  • 1 x BitShares organized panel-session (3 panelists + 1 moderator)
  • 25 x free conference registrations (normal price for the full conference is in the ~$500 range)
  • 50% off for additional registrations/BitShares members
  • 50% off for additional booths for BitShares partners (5k instead of 10k)
  • 3-night accomodation at the conference hotel for 2 people
  • Full page ad in the conference brochure
  • Inclusion of BitShares branded item/gift in the conference gift bag
  • 1-year's membership in the IFF (more details here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff/ + https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf)
  • Ability to pay University of Nicosia courses tuition fees in BTS/bitUSD/bitEUR

My suggestion is to make a "big" coordinated appearance as a "BitShares and Business" theme as follows.

Plenary speech is BitShares platform content
4 x session speakers are given to 4 BitShares based businesses across industries. My choices are OpenLedger (exchange/gateway), BitSpark (remittance), Everprove (blockchain notary/document archiving) and the 4th spot given to a China based business. I plan to discuss the best choice with Jerry (bitcrab), Jademont and other members of the chinese community.
1 x panel session to be determined. Could be other members of the wider BitShares community, just a panel subject moderated by us with non-BitShares panelists or a combination of both.

Each of the four BitShares businesses will get flights/accomodation paid for 2 people to attend.

The double booth will be branded partly with the four bitshares-based business logos and made available for their own promotion.

The full-page ad will be used in a similar way.

The coffee-break ad will be dedicated to those four businesses.

The above partner package is at 100k EUR + VAT. (113k USD + VAT)

Gift bag item is 2000 pieces x whatever we choose. I say budget ~ 4$ each so 8k USD

Creation of promotional material (advert, video, coffee-break ad etc.) will probably run up to 7k USD

Judging by last year's worker, 2k USD per person for flights/accommodation is a good ball park figure. so 2*24 (I already live there so no need for expenses for me) = 48k USD

The above adds to a total of just under 200k max budget (obviously like last year, everything will be done to get the best deals possible).

The organizers have asked for a 20% down payment of the sponsorship cost (so 22.6k USD) to confirm, ideally prior to their campaign phase launch date of July the 10th.

I suggest a 40k BTS / day worker (roughly 2.5k USD /day at current price) with a length of 18 weeks. This will provide enough funds for the down payment prior to July 10th (assuming it starts getting funded in the next few days) and enough funds for the entire package overall with leeway to account for BTS volatility. All excess funds will be burned back to the chain like last year.

Thanks for your attention.

Forgot to mention that the bitshares-based business guests, me + a few more people  ( e.g. Ryan, Stefan, etc.) probably add up to 15 people. So there's like 10 guest positions (with expenses paid) to fill.

I was thinking of extending those invites to some worker representatives (ie. someone from DEXbot, Milos from bitshares.org/MOVE) or "regional" representatives (e.g. Petr/Xanoxt for the russian community) who can help us provide a much more rounded informational background.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:23:04 am by clockwork »

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Quick update:

I am currently in discussions with the University of Nicosia to potentially accept BTS / bitAssets as tuition fee payment for their courses if we partner up join the IFF.

Can you please create again post on what are all the benefits (by points) for these 200,000.00 USD potential worker ? (What does include, because its not just Decentralized event anymore)

Chee®s

Sure! I was planning on doing so anyway.

So here's the situation so far.

We have been offered the following:

• Becoming event partners
  • Decentralized Conference listed and marketed everywhere as  POWERED BY UNIC AND BitShares. This includes all their own paid marketing campaigns. Next push starts on July 10th
  • BitShares logo on name badges and lanyards
  • BitShares video as screensaver on all stages between sessions
  • Paid production of a sponsor-dedicated event-video after the event
  • Private BitShares named meeting room at the conference
  • Video presentation/ad to be played during coffee break
  • Partner mention/thank you during opening/closing of conference
  • Double booth in best location in Exhibition Hall
  • 1 x Plenary/Keynote speaker
  • 4 x Session speakers
  • 1 x BitShares organized panel-session (3 panelists + 1 moderator)
  • 25 x free conference registrations (normal price for the full conference is in the ~$500 range)
  • 50% off for additional registrations/BitShares members
  • 50% off for additional booths for BitShares partners (5k instead of 10k)
  • 3-night accomodation at the conference hotel for 2 people
  • Full page ad in the conference brochure
  • Inclusion of BitShares branded item/gift in the conference gift bag
  • 1-year's membership in the IFF (more details here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff/ + https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf)
  • Ability to pay University of Nicosia courses tuition fees in BTS/bitUSD/bitEUR

My suggestion is to make a "big" coordinated appearance as a "BitShares and Business" theme as follows.

Plenary speech is BitShares platform content
4 x session speakers are given to 4 BitShares based businesses across industries. My choices are OpenLedger (exchange/gateway), BitSpark (remittance), Everprove (blockchain notary/document archiving) and the 4th spot given to a China based business. I plan to discuss the best choice with Jerry (bitcrab), Jademont and other members of the chinese community.
1 x panel session to be determined. Could be other members of the wider BitShares community, just a panel subject moderated by us with non-BitShares panelists or a combination of both.

Each of the four BitShares businesses will get flights/accomodation paid for 2 people to attend.

The double booth will be branded partly with the four bitshares-based business logos and made available for their own promotion.

The full-page ad will be used in a similar way.

The coffee-break ad will be dedicated to those four businesses.

The above partner package is at 100k EUR + VAT. (113k USD + VAT)

Gift bag item is 2000 pieces x whatever we choose. I say budget ~ 4$ each so 8k USD

Creation of promotional material (advert, video, coffee-break ad etc.) will probably run up to 7k USD

Judging by last year's worker, 2k USD per person for flights/accommodation is a good ball park figure. so 2*24 (I already live there so no need for expenses for me) = 48k USD

The above adds to a total of just under 200k max budget (obviously like last year, everything will be done to get the best deals possible).

The organizers have asked for a 20% down payment of the sponsorship cost (so 22.6k USD) to confirm, ideally prior to their campaign phase launch date of July the 10th.

I suggest a 40k BTS / day worker (roughly 2.5k USD /day at current price) with a length of 18 weeks. This will provide enough funds for the down payment prior to July 10th (assuming it starts getting funded in the next few days) and enough funds for the entire package overall with leeway to account for BTS volatility. All excess funds will be burned back to the chain like last year.

Thanks for your attention.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Quick update:

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Quick update:

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I, too, see a lot of value in sponsorship of decentralized. While I believe that 200k is a lot of money, people need to realize that the blockchain space
has left "hobby state" and moves towards corporate. Either we move with it, or we stay behind.

Given that the reserves has some $50m+ to fund growth, I would like to see this conference sponsored. In order to get the funds back in $-terms, all that's needed
is the price of BTS to grow by $0.00025. That's tiny, IMHO.

To add to this, I would also like to approve a proper marketing worker proposal, but so far, we don't have that many that want to actually **DO** it.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Hello,

Since the organizers follow this thread in order to help with any questions and comments (personally, the fact they do this without any prompting speaks volumes imho), they have asked me to share the following.

"If BitShares goes for the event partner package, we can announce BitShares as a founding member of the IFF, this membership will last for one year. What that means is that in all of our brochures and presentations, BitShares will be highly visible. Our current IFF  members include Ripple, PumaPay, R3 Corda,  Hyperledger, Trade.io , University of Cambridge , UCL. We can also provide hotel accommodation for up two people for 3 nights. The Canadian Government have confirmed their Platinum sponsorship, they will be inviting all Canadian Business's in the Balkans to the event and also to the Canadian people living in Greece and to all Canadian Business's in Greece."

I am also attaching their IFF (Institute For the Future) presentation here:

https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf

along with the relevant website: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff

I believe this is opportunity we were waiting for. Don't need to mention that SCB bank (Siam Commercial Bank owned by Royal Family) in Thailand is utilizing RIPPLE already, so they must be doing something right :)

Anyway 200,000.00 USD for being partner of the Event, 1 year of advertisement/membership around well reputed brands/organizations and 3 day accommodation for 2 people are already cutting a lot of expenses and giving better opportunity in terms of Branding, Reputation, Marketing and Public Influence through all mentioned. I've seen people around asking for similar amounts for simple marketing/article workers that will never reach people we are talking about here (Decentralized 2019), or even class they residing in real crypto-business industry.

Networking will always be a must for any business to success, and having in mind history of BitShares - even as a first DPOS we still have our chance as 2nd Mover to take 1st place.

Unfortunately I don't have stake to support this, but hopefully that our respectful BTS holders will click vote on this one. None of you costs this a cent, but means a lot to the ecosystem, and its time for you to do some proper voting for the benefits of the BitShares.

At the end of the day, this worker utilize no profit for any individual but the Ecosystem and Platform/Blockchain/Technology itself.

P.S. Forgotten to say, thanks @clockwork for such a great effort to promote BitShares and bring this deal on the table! (again)

Chee®s

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:11:07 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello,

Since the organizers follow this thread in order to help with any questions and comments (personally, the fact they do this without any prompting speaks volumes imho), they have asked me to share the following.

"If BitShares goes for the event partner package, we can announce BitShares as a founding member of the IFF, this membership will last for one year. What that means is that in all of our brochures and presentations, BitShares will be highly visible. Our current IFF  members include Ripple, PumaPay, R3 Corda,  Hyperledger, Trade.io , University of Cambridge , UCL. We can also provide hotel accommodation for up two people for 3 nights. The Canadian Government have confirmed their Platinum sponsorship, they will be inviting all Canadian Business's in the Balkans to the event and also to the Canadian people living in Greece and to all Canadian Business's in Greece."

I am also attaching their IFF (Institute For the Future) presentation here:

https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf

along with the relevant website: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
With 200k € we can finance 8 decent independent marketing worker for 25k €, which brings real value/integration to Bitshares.

They wanna be decentralized but don't offer any crypto payments, what a joke! No serious margin trader will vote for 200k €.

I gonna support this worker until 25k€!

They do actually. Last year's sponsorship fee was paid in btc

Offline bench

With 200k € we can finance 8 decent independent marketing worker for 25k €, which brings real value/integration to Bitshares.

They wanna be decentralized but don't offer any crypto payments, what a joke! No serious margin trader will vote for 200k €.

I gonna support this worker until 25k€!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:43:32 am by bench »
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline @healingvibes

I met with Antones Polemitis, CEO of the University of Nicosia (UNIC) at Consensus in May to discuss sponsorship and more. His vision for UNIC is focused on a core tenant of the BitShares DAC: decentralization. I feel UNIC and the BitShares DAC have an opportunity to work together on something far beyond a couple-day conference in Europe. UNIC is focused on expanding the delivery of blockchain education on a global scale and we discussed the opportunity to incorporate BitShares content into the messaging where appropriate: alternative consensus algorithms, decentralized organizations, governance, financial services dApps, etc.

That is so awesome! They do great work (took their MOOC) and this is a great long term partnership for BitShares!

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I think a sponsorship similar to last year's would be a good investment for the DAC. I think it's good for BTS to have a sponsorship presence in the three largest markets of BTS holders (Europe, East Asia, North America).

Conference sponsorship is a type of marketing. Though maybe people are thinking we should market more to non-crypto users. That will be tough to get people from no crypto to BTS. The natural progression for most people is no crypto - BTC - BTS.

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile
I agree Bitshares need to appear in Decentralized 2019 but please spend the money carefully.

Last year we spend so much money but only get 12 minutes on stage and until today only have 547 views in Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MNr1p_43_Y

Before decide what level of sponsorship this year, first you need to find out who is going to become speakers and cover what topics? Is meaningless if the speaker just want to talk about "What is DPOS?" because it is too generic and is not unique to Bitshares. I would suggest topic like "Now You Can Issue StableCoin with Bitcoin, ETH, LTC or any coins with Bitshares HTLC Technology" , then you will attract a lot interest.

Is good the organizer provide video but Google don't read video, we need to have transcript or else it is useless. I suggest the budget should include transcript as well, translation to Chinese and RU would be a bonus.

Last but not least, the budget should not only include travel costs for speakers but also allowance for them to buy souvenir and food. If they need to take out money from their pocket this time, most likely they will not attend events next time. We should make them happy.

Offline Fox

I am in full support of the BitShares DAC approving funding for sponsorship of Decentralized 2019 in Athens. Based on my experience last year and conversations with the organizers since, I am certain this will yield a positive return on investment for the DAC.

I met with Antones Polemitis, CEO of the University of Nicosia (UNIC) at Consensus in May to discuss sponsorship and more. His vision for UNIC is focused on a core tenant of the BitShares DAC: decentralization. I feel UNIC and the BitShares DAC have an opportunity to work together on something far beyond a couple-day conference in Europe. UNIC is focused on expanding the delivery of blockchain education on a global scale and we discussed the opportunity to incorporate BitShares content into the messaging where appropriate: alternative consensus algorithms, decentralized organizations, governance, financial services dApps, etc.

The Decentralized Conference is public event which brings together nearly one thousand individuals, primarily from Europe. UNIC is taking their show on the road in the next year, to build on the conference success, by providing educational training and guidance for policy makers and enterprise constituents in various globally diverse jurisdictions. Successful business are already built atop the BitShares protocol. They too present an opportunity, as case studies, to inform these conversation about how protocols can be applied to enable their businesses to succeed; often without regulation, but always in a decentralized way.

I feel the point of this thread is to open a dialog within the BitShares Community about how we get our message out there. We have a platform capable of so many things. Let's start with a willing and capable entity in UNIC to advance the message of decentralization to a global audience.
Witness: fox