Author Topic: market fee sharing setting for smartcoins  (Read 8122 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
LTM based referral is core code level infrastructure, changing it need change on core code, not easy and need time and I think we now need to work on the current design.
Actually, the 80% are a committee parameter that can be changed by committee. In fact, it's the 20% that is a parameter and it is called "network_percent_of_fee".

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Most webmasters who are not affiliated with bitshares won't pay the LTM fee to be able to promote bitshares.
Thats a key factor imo which is stopping many webmasters to promote bitshares.

Do the marketing such that the community pays the LTM for webmasters. Send serious webmasters to me and I will hook them up. Also has the benefits that we know who they are and we can establish first contact right away.

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Correct?
Yes but you missed the LTM fee. 80% gets to the referrer (2400BTS), which is not a small number.

Noted - i didn't realise they also get 80% of that fee. Pretty great actually then!

Offline bench

Correct?
Yes, but you missed the LTM fee. 80% gets to the referrer (2400BTS), which is not a small number. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:12:31 pm by bench »
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline matle85

• View Profile
I don't think 80% is high because it is only for normal members - once they upgrade to LTM (which all serious traders will do once they are trading significant volumes) the referrer won't get anything.

Correct?

This is a bit of a turn off for referrers in my view.

Offline bench

80% referral bonus is need to close the buying gab for a LTM. If CEX only offer 50%, this is another advantage for DEX.

On the other side the DEX profits, when people buy more LTM, but doesn't loose much in terms of trading fees.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 09:38:31 pm by bench »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
80% refferal fee is to high in my opinion.
Other places are offering 50%. 60% is already very generous.
Increasing refferal commission from 50-60% to 80% is not important in my opinion.
What is more important is that currently only LTM members are allowed to promote via refferal system.
Most webmasters who are not affiliated with bitshares won't pay the LTM fee to be able to promote bitshares.

Also there needs to be funds to promote it on webmaster affiliate pages and an active team which will contact websites which are ranking well on top keywords for our DEX informing them about the refferal system.

Another very important factor is that all UI's which owns their own assets need to declare an amount of their trading commission they are willing to share with the webmaster who reffered the new traders.

0.1% trading fee is imo OK. 

I believe this setting will greatly encourage users to become life time members and invite new users.

any thoughts?

You should focus on big webmasters with hugh crypto traffic.
They are the main key factor for a big increase and not a few hundred bitshares community members with some low amount of social media traffic.

Just have a look at the traffic amount a single webmaster (biggest one) brought to Binance.
1886.85733966 BTC commission (50% refferal) of 0.1% trading fee.
This means only his traffic alone made a volume of minimum 3772000 BTC .

I'm pretty sure that this kind of big webmasters are looking for good refferal programs which exchanges are not saturated with his current traffic which means his conversation rate for new members will be very high making bitshares refferal program lucrative for him if the commissions are worth it.

LTM based referral is core code level infrastructure, changing it need change on core code, not easy and need time and I think we now need to work on the current design.

80% is too high? one point is that BTS-DEX is different with CEX, it's OK for DEX to share higher percent market fee, which means also to share the profit to shareholders/contributers. and higher percent will help to incentivize at this stage.

yes it's good idea to work with website with high traffic.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline bench

What should we change ?

A light referral system for people without a LTM ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 11:04:00 pm by bench »

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
80% refferal fee is to high in my opinion.
Other places are offering 50%. 60% is already very generous.
Increasing refferal commission from 50-60% to 80% is not important in my opinion.
What is more important is that currently only LTM members are allowed to promote via refferal system.

Also there needs to be funds to promote it on webmaster affiliate pages and an active team which will contact websites which are ranking well on top keywords for our DEX informing them about the refferal system.

Another very important factor is that all UI's which owns their own assets need to declare an amount of their trading commission they are willing to share with the webmaster who reffered the new traders.

0.1% trading fee is imo OK. 

I believe this setting will greatly encourage users to become life time members and invite new users.

any thoughts?

You should focus on big webmasters with hugh crypto traffic.
They are the main key factor for a big increase and not a few hundred bitshares community members with some low amount of social media traffic.

Just have a look at the traffic amount a single webmaster (biggest one) brought to Binance.
1886.85733966 BTC commission (50% refferal) of 0.1% trading fee.
This means only his traffic alone made a volume of minimum 3772000 BTC .

I'm pretty sure that this kind of big webmasters are looking for good refferal programs which exchanges are not saturated with his current traffic which means his conversation rate for new members will be very high making bitshares refferal program lucrative for him if the commissions are worth it.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:35:18 pm by Thul3 »

Offline bench

1. 0.1% fee is not too high, when standard trading fee is 0.2%
2. most people don't trade much, they care more about liquidity and spread
3. professional traders get now a 50% discount with a LTM compaired to now
4. the referral system gets a much needed boost

Excluding the LTM from a reasonable bitAsset fee (80%) is a big disadvantage for our referral system compared to Binance or other platforms!

Second option:
Standard fee: 0.05%
LTM fee: 0.01%

Record low of account upgrades:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:30:33 pm by bench »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
80% 我个人感觉太多了。
手续费上调回0.1%更是走回头路。
普通交易者的用户体验很重要。

0.1%基本上影响不到普通用户的体验,但对各种套利机器人,大交易者影响很大,而这正可以用终生会员解决。

其实本来我想设100%,但考虑到即便终生会员也需要支付一些费用,80%应该是个比较好的选择。

比较起来把理事会收的交易费用到其它地方的一些方案,我觉得现在用到推广方面最合适。

0.1%+80%意味着终生会员付的交易费比起现在是减半的。

激励用户去邀请新人进来也很重要。太少了很影响效果。

还有一种方案是交易费保持0.04%,只把返佣率设为80%,我觉得也可以接受。

我觉得需要尽快实施,以后觉得不合适了可以再调。
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:39:31 pm by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
80% 我个人感觉太多了。
手续费上调回0.1%更是走回头路。
普通交易者的用户体验很重要。
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
How do you think so sure about this?

BTS is smartcoins? smartcoins is BTS?

DEX compare with CEX?

How do you think it is not 0.1% (two way)?

Do you research about BNB/HT/ZB/GT/OKB......? how they work?

On the other side no one can complain about a one way 0.1% market fee, when 0.2% (two way) is the standard fee for trading.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 11:09:49 am by binggo »

Offline btstodamoon

• View Profile
这样做也可以,等快点行动吗?