Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - Decentralized 2019 Sponsoring and Partnership  (Read 40625 times)

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
I just realized that the University of Nicosia will be willing to accept payments for fees on BitShares or BitShares STABLE assets as a consequence of this partnership. 

The faking is snowballing and the legal implications will eventually appear.

I wish for all the fakers the ability to find great lawyers to defend themselves.

You can do what you want to do, and get a great lawyers for yourself.

Offline Sapiens

• View Profile
I just realized that the University of Nicosia will be willing to accept payments for fees on BitShares or BitShares STABLE assets as a consequence of this partnership. 

The faking is snowballing and the legal implications will eventually appear.

I wish for all the fakers the ability to find great lawyers to defend themselves.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
any update on Decentralized 2019 ?  who are going to attend this meeting from bitshares community? where can we find the full Participants list that we supported ?
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@bitsharesorg/decentralized-2019-partnership-worker-review
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline twitter

• View Profile
any update on Decentralized 2019 ?  who are going to attend this meeting from bitshares community? where can we find the full Participants list that we supported ?
witness:

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
In worst case scenario, try to ask for downgrade rather than cancellation.

I've already responded in TG but also here for posterity:

It's impossible to downgrade seeing as we're event partners and not just a simple sponsor. Would actually cost the organizers more to downgrade us and find a new sponsor.

This is not happening. We'll remain event partners. The question is will we make a fool of ourselves with hardly any presence there or not.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
In worst case scenario, try to ask for downgrade rather than cancellation.
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I've cast my vote for this worker. Since the major investment has already been made, it seems like a bad business decision to drop it at this point.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
No matter what? That's nice of you :)
Well, i don't *need* to talk bitshares. The VIPs there will be fun to talk no matter the topic.

Also, if bitshares cancels the sponsorship, I'll certainly not tag myself as a bitshares-guy - that would be idiotic, right?

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Here's the latest status update for the Decentralized conference worker.

As most of you know, the Decentralized worker has been voted out for almost the last month. This, combined with the bear market has severely limited the worker's funding and if things remain that way, its effectiveness will be very limited minimising the value we can gain from the actual sponsorship payment (which has already been committed for the most part). Essentially we're co-presenting a conference and will possibly end up with little to no actual presence there. This will smear our public image once again.

So I would like BTS holders and proxies to reconsider their voting.

In order to recap, I will mention once again that this is no mere sponsorship but BitShares along with the University of Nicosia are presenting/offering this conference (the largest business-oriented blockchain conference in Europe and one of the biggest in the world) as co-organisers.

The sponsorship (apart from the actual conference) will provide us with a wealth of marketable information such as:

- 1-year's membership in the IFF (more details here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff/ + https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf )
- Ability to pay University of Nicosia courses tuition fees in BTS/bitUSD/bitEUR
- Dr. Philip Brown's presentation of academic research into bitAssets (which has been accepted for the Academic Track of the conference)

The BitShares and University of Nicosia powered conference will also be sponsored by the government of Canada, Whizgrid, Eurobank, OByte, Consensys, Block.co , blockchain.com and many many others.

Confirmed speakers include Dr. Adam Back (Blockstream CEO), Bill Barhydt (Abra CEO), Perianne Boring (Founder of Chamber of Digital Commerce), Ian Grigg (ex-R3 and EOS/block.one), Dr. Garrick Hileman (Blockchain - Head of Research), Marta Piekarska (Head of Ecosystem - Hyperledger), Tone Vays + individuals from MakerDAO, Consensys, Grant Thornton, Eurobank, Corda/R3, IEEE,  Trezor, the European Commission, Parity, UNICEF, Accenture and many european universities and governments.

Expected attendance is >2000 and judging by last year, a large percentage of attendees are businesses looking to adopt and integrate blockchain technology as well as European public officials.

I will once again express my belief that this is an amazing opportunity for BitShares to regain some of the spotlight as an actively maintained and progressing platform ideal for business integrations and can be heavily marketed and promoted.

This is also the reason I believe we must have a strong business, technology and community presence there in order to gain the most value from the worker. Remember this is no ordinary sponsorship/attendance where a handful of people would be enough but to the public eye it is a conference CO-ORGANISED by BitShares and as such it needs representatives from the whole ecosystem.

Depending on funding, the tentative speakers representing BitShares and businesses building on BitShares are:

Ryan R. Fox (Core Team)
OpenLedger
BitSpark
Everprove
1000 cities/100 cities project (Guoan)

Please vote and ensure the sponsorship is a success and we can get the necessary people there to promote BitShares.

Thank you.

Alex

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
In light of recent discussions about worker funding and the voting shift with refund 400k worker, and considering a down payment and commitment has been made for the sponsorship I want to make the following update and amendments to the worker budget to ensure continued funding so that the sponsorship fee will not be money down the drain.

For tax purposes, payment of the sponsorship costs was handed over to the BBF. This saves us the VAT calculated in the original worker while incurring a 5% escrow cost, bringing the total sponsorship cost to  116.5k instead of 135.5 for a saving of 19k USD.

Additionally at least 4 of the core team members who will be attending will have their travel/accommodation covered by the Core Team worker's existing conference budget for a minimum savings of another 8k USD.

Furthermore I will attempt to ensure that the average per person accommodation and travel cost for the remaining 20 slots does not exceed 1.5k  for a minimum savings of 10k USD.

Finally, I will negotiate the promotional material production (video, leaflets etc.) down to 5k USD for another 2k savings and cut the unexpected expenses buffer to just 500$ for another 1k USD saved.

This brings the total MAXIMUM cost of the worker down to 160k USD which is a 20% decrease from the original plan.

I hope this will be better suited to the community and people will reevaluate their voting slates.

Thank you,

Alex

P.S. I should point out that this (like last year's) worker has NO management fee and I get NO reimbursement of any kind for planning/organising it apart from entry to the event. I'm working on it simply because I truly believe it will be beneficial to the platform.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
BitShares. Big and fat on the Overview 2019. https://www.decentralized.com/overview-2019/

Decentralized conference partnership needs your support!Pulling out from that commitment will hurt our public image, and likely any future collaborations.

https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting
2019-06-decentralized-partnership

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
BitShares. Big and fat on the Overview 2019. https://www.decentralized.com/overview-2019/

Decentralized conference partnership needs your support!Pulling out from that commitment will hurt our public image, and likely any future collaborations.

https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting
2019-06-decentralized-partnership

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Excellent, the paper is submitted and available for community review here.
I like your paper!

Thanks! This iteration of it is pretty simplistic, but I'm working with the student to build up a more comprehensive simulation framework and then we'll be able to say much more.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Greetings Alex, is this still on track? I just submitted a draft of a research paper for the academic track. If it's accepted by the conference, I'll plan to try to travel over there to give a talk on the research as long as my research worker proposal has been funded sufficiently by then to support a long-term project.

If it happens that I don't have sufficient levels of project funding by then but my paper is accepted anyway, will your worker be able to reimburse my travel to Greece for this? If so, the final published version of the paper would still reference BitShares as the source of funds for the work, if that's any concern to you.

Yes still on track.

I'm sure that wont be a problem...So get packing :)

I like your paper!
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Greetings Alex, is this still on track? I just submitted a draft of a research paper for the academic track. If it's accepted by the conference, I'll plan to try to travel over there to give a talk on the research as long as my research worker proposal has been funded sufficiently by then to support a long-term project.

If it happens that I don't have sufficient levels of project funding by then but my paper is accepted anyway, will your worker be able to reimburse my travel to Greece for this? If so, the final published version of the paper would still reference BitShares as the source of funds for the work, if that's any concern to you.

Yes still on track.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Yes still on track.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
First of all, thanks to everyone who is supporting this worker.

After further research and examining options, the worker account is being handed over to the BBF for escrow, bureaucratical and financial reasons. If the organisers invoice the BBF directly, the invoice will be VAT exempt, saving us approx. 23k USD in the process despite the additional 5% escrow fee.

Further details will be made available soon.

The worker funding is moving along nicely however and the down-payment for the partnership will be made in the next few days.

Announcements imminent!

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
+5%

Thanks! Do you agree xanoxt would be a good addition to the attending team as a Russian community rep? I know he had your support in that role as a committee member. Any other suggestions?

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
This conference's academic track could be an interesting place to send an initial paper for my university research project if it ends up being funded. The submission deadline is July 15th, which is very tight -- but probably possible.

If it all works out and BitShares does sponsor the conference, having BitShares-funded academic research presented there as well could look quite good!

Thoughts?

That is awesome! I'll get on it and see if we can get some flexibility on submission dates :) This would also mean I've got one more slot on the attendance list filled for you to attend/present :)

Excellent! I'll start putting something together.

Spoke to the organizers. Deadline is planned to be extended to end of July / mid-August.

They also clarified the following:
"Just to be clear Alex , the academic papers go in front of a team of academics, if they believe the paper is suitable they will have a chance to speak on the academic track also, however all the papers submitted will go to the research team and they will decide which papers will get selected, the papers will also be published in a publication ( yet to be decided )"

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
NAME:2019-06-decentralized-sponsorship
WORKER HANDLER:Alex Megalokonomos (clockwork)
TOTAL:Up to $200,000 (Estimated Budget. See full proposal)
DURATION:2019/06/25 - 2019/10/25 (4 months)
DAILY PAY:45,000 BTS (includes overhead to cover potential BTS price volatility – ALL excess funds will be returned to the reserve pool)
WORKER ID:1.14.206

This year’s “Decentralized” conference will be held at my hometown of Athens, Greece between the 30th of October and 1st of November 2019. As some of you may remember, I set up a similar worker last year for a plain sponsorship of the conference by BitShares which went really well. Conference last year was attended by me, Ryan R. Fox, Michael Taggart and spokesperson Annemieke Dirkes and we had 2 session talks and a booth that gathered a lot of interest from attendees.

This year we got a very nice offer from the organizers to present the conference as partners (i.e. Decentralized 2019 by University of Nicosia and BitShares). This offer includes:

•   Becoming event partners
•   Decentralized Conference listed and marketed everywhere as POWERED BY UNIC AND BitShares. This includes all their own paid marketing campaigns. Next push starts on July 10th
•   BitShares logo on name badges and lanyards
•   BitShares video as screensaver on all stages between sessions
•   Paid production of a sponsor-dedicated event-video after the event
•   Private BitShares named meeting room at the conference
•   Video presentation/ad to be played during coffee break
•   Partner mention/thank you during opening/closing of conference
•   Double booth in best location in Exhibition Hall
•   1 x Plenary/Keynote speaker
•   4 x Session speakers
•   1 x BitShares organized panel-session (3 panelists + 1 moderator)
•   25 x free conference registrations (normal price for the full conference is in the ~$500 range)
•   50% off for additional registrations/BitShares members
•   50% off for additional booths for BitShares partners (5k instead of 10k)
•   3-night accomodation at the conference hotel for 2 people
•   Full page ad in the conference brochure
•   Inclusion of BitShares branded item/gift in the conference gift bag
•   1-year's membership in the IFF (more details here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff/ + https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf )
•   Ability to pay University of Nicosia courses tuition fees in BTS/bitUSD/bitEUR

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE PRE-WORKER DISCUSSION HERE: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28494.0

More information about Decentralized and the speakers/agenda this year can be found here: https://www.decentralized.com/

Information about last year’s event can be found here: https://www.decentralized.com/speakers-2018/ and about our previous worker here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27272.0

The FULL worker proposal can be found in the following PDF https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/2019-06-decentralized-sponsorship.pdf

Just to ask this once: There will be no organizational effort needed from BitShares end other than attending / speaking / paneling or preparing parts of the marketing material?

Nope. We'll just have to provide speech/attendee details, marketing material/logos etc. I'll handle the bitshares-branded gifts for the gift bag and production of marketing material.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DAILY PAY:45,000 BTS (includes overhead to cover potential BTS price volatility – ALL excess funds will be returned to the reserve pool)

This year’s “Decentralized” conference will be held at my hometown of Athens, Greece between the 30th of October and 1st of November 2019. As some of you may remember, I set up a similar worker last year for a plain sponsorship of the conference by BitShares which went really well. Conference last year was attended by me, Ryan R. Fox, Michael Taggart and spokesperson Annemieke Dirkes and we had 2 session talks and a booth that gathered a lot of interest from attendees.

This year we got a very nice offer from the organizers to present the conference as partners (i.e. Decentralized 2019 by University of Nicosia and BitShares). This offer includes:

•   Decentralized Conference listed and marketed everywhere as POWERED BY UNIC AND BitShares. This includes all their own paid marketing campaigns. Next push starts on July 10th
•   4 x Session speakers
•   25 x free conference registrations (normal price for the full conference is in the ~$500 range)
•   1-year's membership in the IFF (more details here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff/ + https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf )
•   Ability to pay University of Nicosia courses tuition fees in BTS/bitUSD/bitEUR

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE PRE-WORKER DISCUSSION HERE: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28494.0

More information about Decentralized and the speakers/agenda this year can be found here: https://www.decentralized.com/

Information about last year’s event can be found here: https://www.decentralized.com/speakers-2018/ and about our previous worker here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27272.0

The FULL worker proposal can be found in the following PDF https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/2019-06-decentralized-sponsorship.pdf

Just to ask this once: There will be no organizational effort needed from BitShares end other than attending / speaking / paneling or preparing parts of the marketing material?

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This conference's academic track could be an interesting place to send an initial paper for my university research project if it ends up being funded. The submission deadline is July 15th, which is very tight -- but probably possible.

If it all works out and BitShares does sponsor the conference, having BitShares-funded academic research presented there as well could look quite good!

Thoughts?

Would be awesome to add some academic publications here.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:12:57 am by sschiessl »

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Thoughts?

That is awesome! I'll get on it and see if we can get some flexibility on submission dates :) This would also mean I've got one more slot on the attendance list filled for you to attend/present :)

Excellent! I'll start putting something together.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Thoughts?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Thoughts?

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
support.
great initiative, as usual. The package seems slightly expensive but the offer is surprisingly extensive, too!

I guess the worker could exclude the travel/accommodation expenses for ALL 25 slots and end up quite cheaper.

However I believe that if you're gonna partner up and present such a huge event , you need to have the team to go with it. Worker covering expenses makes it easier to get a proper team covering all business/community aspects there to network/answer questions/showcase their work, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
support.
great initiative, as usual. The package seems slightly expensive but the offer is surprisingly extensive, too!

Offline ioex.henry

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ioex

Offline ztoth

Great work and nice efforts. BitShares should be present at least on 10-15 such big conferences globally each year...

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

•   4 x Session speakers

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:22:25 am by clockwork »