Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - Decentralized 2019 Sponsoring and Partnership  (Read 40350 times)

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
I just realized that the University of Nicosia will be willing to accept payments for fees on BitShares or BitShares STABLE assets as a consequence of this partnership. 

The faking is snowballing and the legal implications will eventually appear.

I wish for all the fakers the ability to find great lawyers to defend themselves.

You can do what you want to do, and get a great lawyers for yourself.

Offline Sapiens

• View Profile
I just realized that the University of Nicosia will be willing to accept payments for fees on BitShares or BitShares STABLE assets as a consequence of this partnership. 

The faking is snowballing and the legal implications will eventually appear.

I wish for all the fakers the ability to find great lawyers to defend themselves.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
any update on Decentralized 2019 ?  who are going to attend this meeting from bitshares community? where can we find the full Participants list that we supported ?
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@bitsharesorg/decentralized-2019-partnership-worker-review
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline twitter

• View Profile
any update on Decentralized 2019 ?  who are going to attend this meeting from bitshares community? where can we find the full Participants list that we supported ?
witness:

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
In worst case scenario, try to ask for downgrade rather than cancellation.

I've already responded in TG but also here for posterity:

It's impossible to downgrade seeing as we're event partners and not just a simple sponsor. Would actually cost the organizers more to downgrade us and find a new sponsor.

This is not happening. We'll remain event partners. The question is will we make a fool of ourselves with hardly any presence there or not.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
In worst case scenario, try to ask for downgrade rather than cancellation.
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I've cast my vote for this worker. Since the major investment has already been made, it seems like a bad business decision to drop it at this point.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
No matter what? That's nice of you :)
Well, i don't *need* to talk bitshares. The VIPs there will be fun to talk no matter the topic.

Also, if bitshares cancels the sponsorship, I'll certainly not tag myself as a bitshares-guy - that would be idiotic, right?

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Here's the latest status update for the Decentralized conference worker.

As most of you know, the Decentralized worker has been voted out for almost the last month. This, combined with the bear market has severely limited the worker's funding and if things remain that way, its effectiveness will be very limited minimising the value we can gain from the actual sponsorship payment (which has already been committed for the most part). Essentially we're co-presenting a conference and will possibly end up with little to no actual presence there. This will smear our public image once again.

So I would like BTS holders and proxies to reconsider their voting.

In order to recap, I will mention once again that this is no mere sponsorship but BitShares along with the University of Nicosia are presenting/offering this conference (the largest business-oriented blockchain conference in Europe and one of the biggest in the world) as co-organisers.

The sponsorship (apart from the actual conference) will provide us with a wealth of marketable information such as:

- 1-year's membership in the IFF (more details here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/iff/ + https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/20190313%20-%20IFF%20Presentation.pdf )
- Ability to pay University of Nicosia courses tuition fees in BTS/bitUSD/bitEUR
- Dr. Philip Brown's presentation of academic research into bitAssets (which has been accepted for the Academic Track of the conference)

The BitShares and University of Nicosia powered conference will also be sponsored by the government of Canada, Whizgrid, Eurobank, OByte, Consensys, Block.co , blockchain.com and many many others.

Confirmed speakers include Dr. Adam Back (Blockstream CEO), Bill Barhydt (Abra CEO), Perianne Boring (Founder of Chamber of Digital Commerce), Ian Grigg (ex-R3 and EOS/block.one), Dr. Garrick Hileman (Blockchain - Head of Research), Marta Piekarska (Head of Ecosystem - Hyperledger), Tone Vays + individuals from MakerDAO, Consensys, Grant Thornton, Eurobank, Corda/R3, IEEE,  Trezor, the European Commission, Parity, UNICEF, Accenture and many european universities and governments.

Expected attendance is >2000 and judging by last year, a large percentage of attendees are businesses looking to adopt and integrate blockchain technology as well as European public officials.

I will once again express my belief that this is an amazing opportunity for BitShares to regain some of the spotlight as an actively maintained and progressing platform ideal for business integrations and can be heavily marketed and promoted.

This is also the reason I believe we must have a strong business, technology and community presence there in order to gain the most value from the worker. Remember this is no ordinary sponsorship/attendance where a handful of people would be enough but to the public eye it is a conference CO-ORGANISED by BitShares and as such it needs representatives from the whole ecosystem.

Depending on funding, the tentative speakers representing BitShares and businesses building on BitShares are:

Ryan R. Fox (Core Team)
OpenLedger
BitSpark
Everprove
1000 cities/100 cities project (Guoan)

Please vote and ensure the sponsorship is a success and we can get the necessary people there to promote BitShares.

Thank you.

Alex

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
In light of recent discussions about worker funding and the voting shift with refund 400k worker, and considering a down payment and commitment has been made for the sponsorship I want to make the following update and amendments to the worker budget to ensure continued funding so that the sponsorship fee will not be money down the drain.

For tax purposes, payment of the sponsorship costs was handed over to the BBF. This saves us the VAT calculated in the original worker while incurring a 5% escrow cost, bringing the total sponsorship cost to  116.5k instead of 135.5 for a saving of 19k USD.

Additionally at least 4 of the core team members who will be attending will have their travel/accommodation covered by the Core Team worker's existing conference budget for a minimum savings of another 8k USD.

Furthermore I will attempt to ensure that the average per person accommodation and travel cost for the remaining 20 slots does not exceed 1.5k  for a minimum savings of 10k USD.

Finally, I will negotiate the promotional material production (video, leaflets etc.) down to 5k USD for another 2k savings and cut the unexpected expenses buffer to just 500$ for another 1k USD saved.

This brings the total MAXIMUM cost of the worker down to 160k USD which is a 20% decrease from the original plan.

I hope this will be better suited to the community and people will reevaluate their voting slates.

Thank you,

Alex

P.S. I should point out that this (like last year's) worker has NO management fee and I get NO reimbursement of any kind for planning/organising it apart from entry to the event. I'm working on it simply because I truly believe it will be beneficial to the platform.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
BitShares. Big and fat on the Overview 2019. https://www.decentralized.com/overview-2019/

Decentralized conference partnership needs your support!Pulling out from that commitment will hurt our public image, and likely any future collaborations.

https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting
2019-06-decentralized-partnership

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.