Author Topic: How are current worker funds bitcny / bitusd being changed to fiat/major asset ?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Am asking that question just on the purpose if its possible that because of lack of liquidity on DEX against major assets some workers are forced to sent their BTS funds to CEX'es to sell it against BTC or USDT to be able to collect the needed fiat or major asset for their worker.

Is it possible that this also creates an unwanted sell pressure against BTS we should have a look at.

I guess chinese workers are collecting bitcny and changing it to CNY via magicwallet.
What about the other workers which can't use this CNY fiat gateway solution ?

Personally I use bitCNY pay to buy BTS on Dex. Stash most of it.

Rare occasion I need to cash some out, I sell for LTC and send to coinbase

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Am asking that question just on the purpose if its possible that because of lack of liquidity on DEX against major assets some workers are forced to sent their BTS funds to CEX'es to sell it against BTC or USDT to be able to collect the needed fiat or major asset for their worker.

Is it possible that this also creates an unwanted sell pressure against BTS we should have a look at.

I guess chinese workers are collecting bitcny and changing it to CNY via magicwallet.
Check every worker.

E.G.
* The mobile team worker receives BTS directly, not sure if they sell.
* BBF escrow workers receive bitCNY, all operations are on DEX -- BTS got sold to the market to get bitCNY.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:46:23 pm by Thul3 »