Author Topic: Mining pools for noobs  (Read 6776 times)

Offline hiddenvalleyranch

• View Profile
Re: Mining pools for noobs
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:38 am »
If you can't even figure out how to modify a .bat file you probably shouldn't mess with things that have the potential to fry your CPU. Please do not mine on a laptop.

Offline fishseeds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »
start with what miner you are using?

If you cant see the .bat file, you are probably using bytemasters miner

If thats the case, you need to create a .bat file inside your minerbin folder

1- in minerbin folder right click and create a new .txt file,  name it whatever you want, and change the.txt  to  .bat

2- save this in the new .bat file... 
Code: [Select]
POOL_MINER.EXE the-iland.net PruMNRMkp3C1dVAkGRsmUxqtVoNdMyVcKT (replace my address with your address and click save

3- double click the new .bat file and your miner should start mining with the PTS address you entered

I am using Coyote and when i run the file (address is set to my PTS-qt wallet) coyote opens in cmd and does a benchmark test then closes. So i then open protoshares-qt and start mining there, but something seems off. After mining all day, there is no balance update. Is there any way to tell if it is running properly? Also, I was under the impression that the protoshares-qt.exe was just the wallet and the coyote miner would be doing the mining.

Offline soniq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 05:43:58 pm »
start with what miner you are using?

If you cant see the .bat file, you are probably using bytemasters miner

If thats the case, you need to create a .bat file inside your minerbin folder

1- in minerbin folder right click and create a new .txt file,  name it whatever you want, and change the.txt  to  .bat

2- save this in the new .bat file... 
Code: [Select]
POOL_MINER.EXE the-iland.net PruMNRMkp3C1dVAkGRsmUxqtVoNdMyVcKT (replace my address with your address and click save

3- double click the new .bat file and your miner should start mining with the PTS address you entered
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline BitNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 04:39:06 pm »
You need to edit the .bat file and replace the PTS address with yours. Right now you are mining for someone else. How kind of you.  ;)
I'm so Noob that i don't see the .bat file and i don't know how to modify it. I have a beautifull black windows giving me my HPM, a bunch of .dll and nothing else... Could you give me another step?

Offline blue5peed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:39:58 pm »
Holy smokes that's wild! Its suspicious how this had not been mentioned until now. There should be a readme or something, I guess I'm in way over my head. I wont let this experience deter me from learning all I can about cryptocurrencies. Thanks for the hep!

Offline MisO69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:16:54 pm »
You need to edit the .bat file and replace the PTS address with yours. Right now you are mining for someone else. How kind of you.  ;)

Offline blue5peed

• View Profile
Mining pools for noobs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 12:41:09 pm »
I have been trying to join the PTS pool but as a total noob (command lines scare me) I'm not really sure what you are supposed to to after you download the miner and run it. I see it ticking away and my cpu is at 100% usage but how will I receive PTS if I haven't typed in a wallet or anything? could someone please help me understand this mining thing  :-\