Author Topic: Proxy: dls.cipher  (Read 159966 times)

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
GDEX is a gateway, magicwallet is a mobile wallet, I am the founder of GDEX, but just one of the investors of magicwallet.

in my view, one key factor on whether to support one witness is to check how well the price feeding is done. currently this differenciate witnesses.

the income of BTS witness is not so big.

Currently it isn't, i agree, and thanks for clarifying on your position about both, as i said - all info was collected/acquired personally by me.

Votes amended, GDEX has vote.

Re salary/BP income -> its more perspective than topic for discussion. E.g. I work entire month for around 2500$, while BP's are (at current price of BTS) work much less for more than half of my income that is totaling from 2 diff. workers. If we take "common" price of 7 cents it would be even more, so I'm looking here into fairness between parties doing work around blockchain.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
GDEX is a gateway, magicwallet is a mobile wallet, I am the founder of GDEX, but just one of the investors of magicwallet.

in my view, one key factor on whether to support one witness is to check how well the price feeding is done. currently this differenciate witnesses.

the income of BTS witness is not so big.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Committee - only with opinion set to Yes with no explanation. Committee is non-paid position around BitShares and they have to work together. Current Committee list is yet to prove itself for activities in 2019, but until then - here are my options:

abit
baozi
bitcrab
evangelist-of-bts
fav
johnr
openledgerdc
roelandp
xeroc
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Workers - only the ones I'm currently supporting.

ID: 1.14.164
Name: 201902-infrastructure
Reason: Since late 2017/early 2018 - this was the first worker that holders voted in to increase stability and fix issues from the past (out of sync, failed to broadcast transaction, etc.). Team personally provided top-notch reporting and despite my initial fud has proven over past 1,5 year to be amazing addition that improves not just stability but availability of the blockchain across the globe. Will continue support as long as they continue to hold/renew workers.

ID: 1.14.159
Name: 201902-reference-faucet
Reason: Its the main reason why we have "free accounts' and also ONLY worker that is PROFITABLE to the blockchain. Service of this faucet has been here for long and it deserves to be funded by Consensus/blockchain, not privately for the benefits of blockchain. Glad to see its top voted worker.

ID: 1.14.186
Name: 201904-hackthedex
Reason: It's good to have it around. Every software development company is having actual department of these guys who will penetrate and try to violate any piece of software company produce. Dev teams around blockchain are busy enough with on-going development. Making funds available for pen-testers to help us improve our security on overall basis on all code we have - ITS A MUST AND ITS BEEN MANAGED CORRECT WAY.

ID: 1.14.183
Name: 201905-wirex-integration
Reason: This will be first actual move to global mass adoption as integration. BitShares has never been integrated into anything apart to CEX's, which is completely not point of fastest technology/blockchain around. Bringing BTS to card/payment processors is what will drive masses if not to use it, at least to learn more about it. Wirex is brand within top 3 positions around that industry.

ID: 1.14.209
Name: 201907-steemfest
Reason: We've been through hell and back together in a way. Roeland enabling this bridge to still work (BitShares & Steem) is amazing effort. I see it as a fun for people to meet and know more and to enable more marketing for BitShares.

ID: 1.14.206
Name: 2019-06-decentralized-partnership
Reason: It's first official partnership announcement BitShares ever had, and it's 100% beneficial for BitShares. Having in mind that we seen Decentralized 2018, with this current one we can only grow more in the right target of the right industry.

ID: 1.14.203
Name: NABTS2019
Reason: Same as Decentralized, but with different approach - this is amazing addition to enable coverage on global/world-wide scale in 2019. Great approach and effort for better branding of BitShares in US.

ID: 1.14.199
Name: DEXBot WP3 - Liquidity for the DEX
Reason: It does what it says - Liquidity for the DEX ever since 2018. If you were long enough around, you would know that we had one in the past that ended up abandoned. Thanks to Cabinet team we got even better tool than before.

ID: 1.14.198
Name: 201906-bitshares-mobile-app
Reason: Compared to Rossul and what i've seen around as attempts/offers this is the best alternative with mobile version of current Wallet UI which includes a lot of functionalities of the blockchain. Team was very collaborative to help bitshares.org worker in terms of legal and proper publishing of app (yet to come). Not to mention that team handed over source-code along with this worker to the GitHub BitShares organization.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Witnesses

1. gdex-witness

Voting:
Yes,
Reason: After discussion with Jerry (bitcrab) and explanation about his position around GDEX & MWallet vote is back. As GDEX has been active exchange with enough liquidity/volumes to be on a pair with OL.

2. in.abit

Voting:
Yes,
Reason: It's one of the "Top Dog's" for years around main development of bitshares-core, various BSIP's and stability/future of this blockchain. It would be idiotic not to vote for him. If you're not voting him, you should.

3. btspp-witness
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: These guys HANDED over responsive, both ENG/CN version of mobile wallet for BitShares and are actually being part of it. Worker or not, they should earn and they've been a dedicated team around.   

4. bangzi
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Even if i tend to disagree of few ocassions in his public opinions around here that doesn't make him poor/wrong candidate for a block producer. Maybe it's language barrier, maybe its different set of opinions, but he has been producing blocks for long time without issues.

5. magicwallet.witness
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: MagicWallet is fiat enabled bitCNY/CNY product/service which is one of the biggest achievements around - thanks (huge kudos) bitcrab for it. We should fund it at least through BP to show true support to one of the good gateway operators around.

6. openledger-dc
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Ronny OpenLedger was actually first DEX around new BitShares. Since there was no way that US company such is CNX could start one, BM and co. did smart move making collaboration with OL on that time. If nothing, we should show respect on amount of time spent around here. Not to mention that OL holds best hardware around API/BP's.

7. xn-delegate
Voting:
No,
Reason: There is not topic for the witness and it links to btsgo.net which is another Chinese revamp of DEX with very broken node list.
Possible solution: Create proper topic, update your witness, explain the value you bring to the community and I would be voting for it.

8. zapata42-witness
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Monster dev and addition to blockchain. Fork and revamped xeroc pricefeed script in early stage that is currently being used - i personally believe by 70% of active witnesses. Stable and solid Block producer.

9. fox
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Ryan R. Fox is a name that just sound when saying it rings up all the achievements around and efforts in and around BitShares. If you're not aware of some, just google up his name and start going one by one. Core team manager - manager of witness group and core releases.

10. delegate.freedom
Voting:
No,
Reason: URL leads to this forum without specific topic. What, why and who is Freedom its not even easy to find out. Proper introduction and more social/report activity as a witness should encourage proxies to vote and newcomers to feel safe about who they are voting on.

11. delegate-zhaomu
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Self-explanatory from his witness topic.

12. verbaltech2
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Thom has been here for a while and despite disagreements that exists - he has been sharp as a Block Producer and providing witness reports for very looong time, that I not see many (almost none) of BP's do. As a reliable veteran, as long as he wants to do this task - everyone should support him. I see no reason to not support him.

13. xman
Voting:
No,
Reason: Another Chinese exchange built on top with 0 volumes on their assets and activity. Why we are supporting it when they do nothing about it by themselves - i'm clueless. No topic or person to discuss with.

14. xeldal
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Has been around here since 2014 and haven't seen any issues in his work as Block Producer.    

15. roelandp
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Known for price-tracking on witnesses, long-term block producer, passionate supporter and believer of 2 very first Graphene products.    

16. bhuz
Voting:
No,
Reason: No topic, not even google search returned anything. I just don't have idea who is the person/Block Producer.

17. witness.yao
Voting:
No,
Reason: Proper introduction in both languages, proper activity at some period, but haven't seen any activity around here for past 3 months. Vote removed, as soon as person become active again - vote will be restored.

18. witness.hiblockchain
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: BTS.ai and his block production deserves a bit more than bottom of the list of active block producers in my HUMBLE OPINION. By being a proxy it might change.

19. delegate-1.lafona
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Lafona is here since 2017, been very good at job of Block Producer and is still active around forums/community. Should update witness to provide existing URL of submission topic (Also another block producer that deserves more than bottom of the list)

20. blckchnd
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Top block producer of various Graphene forks, great developers and devoted group around BitShares - also running one of the Faucet for onboarding new accounts. Sad to see its just a backup block producer.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:47:24 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Dear BitShares,

I've been active here since 2017 and am involved full-time with BitShares. Seeing what happened in past 2 years, how we shifted from voting apathy to proxy mess, divided communities between East and West, GS for voting on wrong BSIP's, Right and Wrong, for-profit and non-profit to the point where CEX cold wallets are giving us power to manipulate blockchain... I'm not happy with most of it, but I'm still here, fighting in my own way (bag-less) to make BitShares a better place.

Proxy spotlights of 2019: this year Alt (and Thule) came back from the dead and did some quality proxy work. Have to say that OL and MichaelX also supported chain lately in a no different way. On the other hand, xeroc lost his position, as many others, during the BTS lockdown of BEOS rainfall, and many more are completely inactive ( => still voting apathy).

For the others we know already - no need to mention, just keep doing the good/hard work or start doing a better one - it's never too late for a change.

MY CURRENT WORKERS(2018-2019):
I hold 2 workers, and 2 more are coming. All workers I hold are here for the benefits of the BitShares network, holders and wider Community.

Worker 1.14.126 - BitShares.org domain/website management worker (worker focuses on bitshares.org new website, dns services and legality around it, emails, support, news.bitshares.org and is constantly working on better SEO/reach towards domain)
Worker 1.14.173 - BitShares.org Exotic Infra worker with currently 20 API mainnet nodes ( check STATUS PAGE )

And I'll be pushing Community UI Part 2 and Professional Support Center workers very soon.

- I WILL USE MY PROXY POWER TO VOTE ON MY OWN WORKERS.  (Anyone setting me as proxy should be giving the trust in my current work and plans for the future and it's not conflict of interests)
- I HAVE NOTHING TO SHILL AROUND BITSHARES. NEVER HAD NEVER DID NEVER WILL. I DON'T SUPPORT FORKS AND I'M HERE TO STAY.

BitShares over the past 2 years became my home, my business, my baby, my school, my friend, and much more... Many of you veterans know very well that feeling and how sometimes it hurts to see injustice around. Proxies should be here to adjust it. To see better tomorrow for everyone, not just for themselves or markets where they're sitting in as whales.

As most active chain regarding development and innovations, I truly believe that with all those workers who should be incentives for proxies to vote, we proxies should also provide incentive towards new workers to move up and stay around. Nobody wants to spend time working on a project that will suddenly lose funding (become inactive) and nobody wants to come back to the same client/employer who already damaged him in the past. We don't want to be that client/employer anymore. At least I don't.

Below (in next post) are my 100% PRIVATE OPINIONS and are based on WHAT I DID FOUND, LEARNED, KNOW, RESEARCHED or WITNESSED TO (EXPERIENCED). Some of them are lacking of info, and if I'm wrong about anyone/anything please correct me - that's why this topic is here.

We have a lot to do, support and discuss - even not being paid for it, but it's our choice. If you changed your mind or you can't do your proxy job well, step out with some dignity and let others step in to do better job if they want.

I'm humble enough to play no God or pretend to be perfect cause im not (nobody is), been wrong many times in the past and will listen to reason to improve myself always.
But, I'll always deliver and do my part correct/right way.

Chee®s
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:54:17 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.