Author Topic: Proxy: dls.cipher  (Read 159992 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
I've given my vote of support to terradacs-bp witness (Account ID: 1.2.1614107 - current status: Backup)

Reason is not activity or technical knowledge behind. BEOS was launched in April 2019 and collected through their rain/mana and snow falls a lot of BTS with ability to vote with it. In the tough times where Consensus can't find agreement on half of the workers or how it should operate, they haven't abused that power and they showed support to many around here.

Since, that was their free will, based on fairness showed until now and support to the network, I'm setting example to show that support back.

If terradacs-bp proves to be reliable block producer, respect the requirements on price feeds and has healthy production of blocks - its a benefit to the network. If not, vote will be removed.

I would be requesting that someone technical open the thread and does BP updates here publicly on forum, as any other BP does. Expressing your opinion is important, no matter what is your opinion.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
I have removed my support from BTSPP Mobile Wallet worker ( ID: 1.14.198 ), until team provides requested details for more transparency.

Read more https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28460.msg334018#msg334018

Chee®s

I have restored my vote back for BTSPP Mobile Wallet worker ( ID: 1.14.198 ). Despite the things that i personally dislike in the process, worker has no definitions/rules on market fee sharing and despite that - they do/did deliver what is/was promised.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
I have removed my support from BTSPP Mobile Wallet worker ( ID: 1.14.198 ), until team provides requested details for more transparency.

Read more https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28460.msg334018#msg334018

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Thanks for your support DL.

Once again, voted out. This time by biggest delta, was in the 600 million vote range, now in the 400s. I appear to have lost the support of 2 proxies early yesterday.

I just finished upgrading my feeds to use Zapata's feed script, but can't put it into operation while being voted out.

You are most welcome. You were one of the worst who accepted me around here, being who I am in late 2017-early 2018. Appreciate all the support through times, and respect your consistency and reporting you still do provide around here.

Hope that you get voted back in sooner than later.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Thom

Thanks for your support DL.

Once again, voted out. This time by biggest delta, was in the 600 million vote range, now in the 400s. I appear to have lost the support of 2 proxies early yesterday.

I just finished upgrading my feeds to use Zapata's feed script, but can't put it into operation while being voted out.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
I urge HOLDERS of BTS to re-think their proxy choices, their voting slate and benefits of BitShares. Currently BitShares proxy spotlight and voting slate is damaging not just network and individuals employed by it, but as well Brand and Reputation that we are trying to build.

Original concept and vision of Daniel Larimer was wrong, but what we evolved to is far worse than his original vision - as a Community and Consensus, not discussing technology development.

Maybe I'm not seen as suitable candidate for proxy (due to my foul mouth and complete transparency on opinions), since I've seen no changes on my voting power (apart few very precious individuals in terms of humanity and support), but you still have other choices to select them as a proxy and help movement of BitShares in positive way.

My personal NEUTRAL suggestions would be:

abit
b-dex
clockwork
kimchi-king
xeroc

Chee®s

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline vianull

• View Profile
    • bts.ai
  • BitShares: vianull
Thanks for supporting.  bts.ai is doing a major upgrade in UI , and will have more data analysis
We are bts.ai  team
Witness:  witness.hiblockchain
Standby Committee: btsai

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
1.) No, I don't have double standards, but true that I haven't explained how I measured all of them.

a) When I said not active, I really mean not active even as a login. E.g. Lafona logged in last time on forums not long ago, and as Admin I had possibility to check. In simple words, was using bitsharestalk.org admin panel to check each of them. Where I said not active, that mean last login was 60 days ago.

b) Xeldal has been responsive in Telegram, and still is to this day.

c) Zhaomu same as Lafona had login not long ago.

Conclusion: I already said that all of this is my personal opinion, and info/facts/knowledge that I've collected myself - never said its 100% true or accurate.

I'd say all of current active witnesses are responsive. You know we created 2 patches recently, and most of them applied in time. Telegram is not the only channel for witness, there is also a Wechat group mainly used by Chinese witnesses.

But I still think many of them are not active. Or perhaps a better word is proactive. Personally I expect witnesses to be proactive.

Well, to be honest, while testnet witnesses had access to Telegram group, I've been mostly proactive (even I had fails as a testnet witness numerous times) and much better informed. Ever since it became closed group for mainnet witnesses only, rest of us lost a grip on info we used to have.

I agree that such move (mainnet access only to TG) is productive for mainnet witnesses since conversations on updates, problems and other related things became more focused without bunch of other people jumping into discussions.

I also agree that BP's should be more active (proactive), and history of above mentioned group from entire 2018 can confirm I was fighting for it, but we work with what we have and we can't change others. Another discussion would be proxies themselves, and certain incentives they set as requirements for BP's. So, it's not that BP's were like this since forever, it's the proxies who changed everything and allowed them to be as they are today.

I hope we agree that proxies are the ones who ultimately decide who is a BP and who isn't, and it's collective mistake not just from one side.

Chee®s

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline startail

Nice work and would like to say thanks for the support on the UI worker as well.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
1.) No, I don't have double standards, but true that I haven't explained how I measured all of them.

a) When I said not active, I really mean not active even as a login. E.g. Lafona logged in last time on forums not long ago, and as Admin I had possibility to check. In simple words, was using bitsharestalk.org admin panel to check each of them. Where I said not active, that mean last login was 60 days ago.

Conclusion: I already said that all of this is my personal opinion, and info/facts/knowledge that I've collected myself - never said its 100% true or accurate.

I'd say all of current active witnesses are responsive. You know we created 2 patches recently, and most of them applied in time. Telegram is not the only channel for witness, there is also a Wechat group mainly used by Chinese witnesses.

But I still think many of them are not active. Or perhaps a better word is proactive. Personally I expect witnesses to be proactive.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Also, though you didn't mention it in your list of workers above, thanks for your support of the university research project! I snooped your account on an explorer and notice you are in fact voting for it.

Correct :) Yours and 3 others that were inactive at the moment of the original post, but as you seen earlier on your own topic -> I do chase heavy weight proxies for what is worth.

No bias.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Witnesses

7. xn-delegate
Voting:
No,
Reason: There is not topic for the witness and it links to btsgo.net which is another Chinese revamp of DEX with very broken node list.
Possible solution: Create proper topic, update your witness, explain the value you bring to the community and I would be voting for it.

10. delegate.freedom
Voting:
No,
Reason: URL leads to this forum without specific topic. What, why and who is Freedom its not even easy to find out. Proper introduction and more social/report activity as a witness should encourage proxies to vote and newcomers to feel safe about who they are voting on.

11. delegate-zhaomu
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Self-explanatory from his witness topic.

13. xman
Voting:
No,
Reason: Another Chinese exchange built on top with 0 volumes on their assets and activity. Why we are supporting it when they do nothing about it by themselves - i'm clueless. No topic or person to discuss with.

14. xeldal
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Has been around here since 2014 and haven't seen any issues in his work as Block Producer.    

16. bhuz
Voting:
No,
Reason: No topic, not even google search returned anything. I just don't have idea who is the person/Block Producer.

17. witness.yao
Voting:
No,
Reason: Proper introduction in both languages, proper activity at some period, but haven't seen any activity around here for past 3 months. Vote removed, as soon as person become active again - vote will be restored.

19. delegate-1.lafona
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Lafona is here since 2017, been very good at job of Block Producer and is still active around forums/community. Should update witness to provide existing URL of submission topic (Also another block producer that deserves more than bottom of the list)

About the witnesses quoted above, I'd say you have somewhat of double standards.

All these witnesses did a good job on producing blocks because it's not hard these days.

Price feeds - I won't comment here.

But I'd say all of them aren't active.

Lafona: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=22138
Xeldal: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=448
zhaomu: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=46983

2.) I agree that producing blocks is not a headache nowadays. There is always room for improvement though. Better hardware, better links, more scalability - You are the heart of the BitShares blockbrain.

3.) On price feeding I didn't had comment because I ultimately disagree with almost everyone on it. It should be given as a freedom to Block Producers and should be a must/required only all BitAssets. Without any enforced manipulation. Respectfully what blockchain/code/worker says - that's Holy Bible and nothing to be discussed.

I hope my answer did cleared some of your concerns on my opinion. I'll do more research and try to craft better slate.

Thanks and Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Also, though you didn't mention it in your list of workers above, thanks for your support of the university research project! I snooped your account on an explorer and notice you are in fact voting for it.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Witnesses

7. xn-delegate
Voting:
No,
Reason: There is not topic for the witness and it links to btsgo.net which is another Chinese revamp of DEX with very broken node list.
Possible solution: Create proper topic, update your witness, explain the value you bring to the community and I would be voting for it.

10. delegate.freedom
Voting:
No,
Reason: URL leads to this forum without specific topic. What, why and who is Freedom its not even easy to find out. Proper introduction and more social/report activity as a witness should encourage proxies to vote and newcomers to feel safe about who they are voting on.

11. delegate-zhaomu
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Self-explanatory from his witness topic.

13. xman
Voting:
No,
Reason: Another Chinese exchange built on top with 0 volumes on their assets and activity. Why we are supporting it when they do nothing about it by themselves - i'm clueless. No topic or person to discuss with.

14. xeldal
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Has been around here since 2014 and haven't seen any issues in his work as Block Producer.    

16. bhuz
Voting:
No,
Reason: No topic, not even google search returned anything. I just don't have idea who is the person/Block Producer.

17. witness.yao
Voting:
No,
Reason: Proper introduction in both languages, proper activity at some period, but haven't seen any activity around here for past 3 months. Vote removed, as soon as person become active again - vote will be restored.

19. delegate-1.lafona
Voting:
Yes,
Reason: Lafona is here since 2017, been very good at job of Block Producer and is still active around forums/community. Should update witness to provide existing URL of submission topic (Also another block producer that deserves more than bottom of the list)

About the witnesses quoted above, I'd say you have somewhat of double standards.

All these witnesses did a good job on producing blocks because it's not hard these days.

Price feeds - I won't comment here.

But I'd say all of them aren't active.

Lafona: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=22138
Xeldal: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=448
zhaomu: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=46983
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% for transparency of your votes!