Author Topic: Options market?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Kinetex

• Ambassador Program kinetex.typeform.com/whitelist
    • View Profile
    • Gateway to multi-сhain liquidity
I don't think it will attract many new users.
It might be worth thinking about marketing. Partnerships with other platforms and projects, and user incentives and rewards programs.
The Kinetex Network Ambassador Program
https://kinetex.typeform.com/whitelist

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
The traditional prediction assets were used to write options on Bitshares, however how many people bought the prediction assets. We have smart asset designed by litepresence on HONEST, HONEST.SHORT smart assets which are meant for hedging positions, up till now there is no much utility... The problem is users, even we have the put/call functionality on Bitshares where are the users?
The problem of Bitshares is lack of interested users

Offline R

• View Profile
Traders need to hedge their positions.  That means they need to be able to write and buy calls/puts.  Predictions and market pegged assets don't fill this need.

A liquid options market on L1 still does not exist.  If the framework is already there for it, it seems to me this would be a high leverage addition with little extra coding.
Doesn't sound like Bitshares works for this idea.

Offline Emily

• View Profile
Traders need to hedge their positions.  That means they need to be able to write and buy calls/puts.  Predictions and market pegged assets don't fill this need.

A liquid options market on L1 still does not exist.  If the framework is already there for it, it seems to me this would be a high leverage addition with little extra coding.

Offline R

• View Profile
You could use the prediction market asset tech to do something like this potentially.
There are some stock tracking market pegged assets too.

Offline Emily

• View Profile
What's preventing BTS from integrating an options market currently?
Are there any plans to integrate options?