Author Topic: Why BitShares is being delisted from Bittrex?  (Read 24531 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Still 150 mil BTS in bittrex..wtf... What are people waiting for? I am surprised that users don't experience problems withdrawing their bts last minute. Or do they experience withdrawal issues?

Where you get this idea and what are you exactly talking about ?
I guess it's a re-post of an old post, aka spam.
Found it. Page 2 of this thread. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=25060.msg311441#msg311441

Cleansed.

Thanks btw
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Still 150 mil BTS in bittrex..wtf... What are people waiting for? I am surprised that users don't experience problems withdrawing their bts last minute. Or do they experience withdrawal issues?

I guess it's a re-post of an old post, aka spam.
Found it. Page 2 of this thread. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=25060.msg311441#msg311441
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:38:52 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
It is nothing to do with the code.

At all.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Almost 2 hours from the last trade, looks like it has been halted.  Still a decent amount on the order book so I can only hope Bittrex will re-think why they are dumping the BTS market.  Could be something with the code such as:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/411
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/pull/412

Offline lakerta06

It is 14th and still not delisted. Something fishy going on?

Offline lakerta06

So why is BTS still being traded at Bittrex? it is 13. Oct already.

Offline Methodise

Seriously, Bittrex is popular with my friends, but I only bothered to get account because they supported Bitshares. At the time.

BTS: methodise

Offline Methodise

Weird shit. I've never liked BIttrex, told anyone who will listen that Poloniex is a better service. As for Bitfinex not listing Bitshares, yet listing its unrealised clone (EOS).

Hodl time I reckon.

Offline oollff

• View Profile

But last time i logged in to bittrex it didnt say that the wallet was going offline nor have i received an email that where they say that i have to transfer my funds. I have only seen that the "markets" will be shut down. So, some people are/will probably using bittrex as a bts wallet until they say that they will lose their coins if they are not transferred, or have they already said that?

Offline lakerta06

or.... did bittrex buy them?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Methodise

I'd like to think Bittrex were concerned about the 'shares' word. The only other rational explanation is that they have taken a position in a rival coin. EOS perhaps? Harsh..

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Come to think of it...

It would be great to be delisted from BOTH Bittrex and Poloneix since that would concentrate market depth on the DEX like no other way.  It in no way would affect the billionherocampaign since those exchanges are not part of its planned user training anyway.

Then we grow the industry by a factor of 10x users all trained to use the DEX and never using the centralized exchanges.

Couple that with the entire franchise of legal BitShares based exchanges planned by Stokens.com and Blockchain Projects BV adding to what OpenLedger, BlockTrades, et. al. provide and I don't see a down side.

Oh, and did I mention a virtual end to naked shorting from those sources?
...and all that voting power coming home to vote for needed worker proposals!

Please don't throw us in that briar patch!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We have to use more Dex, why the hell is not used massively? it is stupid to rely on centralized exchanges.
...totally agree with you friend..if anyone isn't invested in decentralized exchanges they need their head examined...it protects our God given rights to freedom and privacy..I've been watching youtube guys and there are so called Youtube analysts that have no idea what Bitshares is..i even saw a guy with over 10000 subscribers say they have no pairings and offer no coins...i was dumbfounded..we need to make sure to correct these guys because people are just blowing BTS off

We rely on people in the community to saturate the world with the truth.  We can't be everywhere, but you are!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.