Author Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 80802 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The next update of the client is confirmed to be importing PTS addresses. So... i've decided to discard the old snapshot, if you wish for NoirShares.... i suggest you transfer your PTS to your local client, we will take a new snapshot in 12 hours. We cannot extend the date any further due to time constraints.

NEW SNAPSHOT FOR PTS HOLDERS IN approx. 5 hours

Has it started, or when will it start from now?

Does it honour PTS? If yes, has the snapshot been taken? I have to withdraw from exchange if not.

Safest and best place for storing your PTS is local wallet or paperwallet ..

edit: snapshot has been taken on launch

Bahh, so can't claim with my PTS then ... :(

NEW SNAPSHOT FOR PTS HOLDERS IN approx. 5 hours
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
The bounty for PTS keys is terminated. A new one takes it's place : - modify coyote miner for NRS @ 5K NRS.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
the situation is progressing unfavorably for PTS holders at the moment. I need help with the honouring of PTS immediately.

Can you just sell NoirShares for protoshares at a discount?  Instead of giving PTS holders something for nothing, you could give them  2x of what you'll charge for with Bitcoin.  Then you're supporting the PTS ecosystem (offering a premium over current market valuations because you believe in the long/short term potential) and especially right now becoming further vested in the Bitshares ecosystem since PTs are quite valuable until the 28th of Feb

We are trying to work out an automatic method of accomplishing that.

This sounds like a great idea.  However, I am curious--wouldn't one just wait until after Feb 28th to use them to buy NoirShares?  At that juncture, unless there was a market mechanism like AngelShares has (fixed amount released daily, % awarded based on finite supply against an uncapped investment amount), might there be issues with buying up NoirShares for nothing...

Of course, on the opposite end, I suppose being able to use them for NoirShares after Feb 28th could also help stabalize the price of PTS after the "snapshot" is taken and keep it from dropping too much since PTS would still be used to purchase another crypto-equity that is being worked on by a trusted Dev. 

I really feel you Barwizi...this is something worth a big community discussion.  It is surprising so few of the community are posting their opinions on this.  Thanks for participating Adam...good to hear another's voice in this echo chamber ;)

This offers an interesting situation which will ultimately decide if III's model for PTS is viable and will not result in the  dump phenomenon i spoke of. MMC had too many units, PTS has not had much infrastructure developed out of DAC  use only, meaning the money has a small circle. We have already begun approaching developers on various platforms trying to create uses for NRS that will stimulate value and interest. Most of the information will be made available on Friday when we release the weekly report.

I really feel you Barwizi...this is something worth a big community discussion.  It is surprising so few of the community are posting their opinions on this.  Thanks for participating Adam...good to hear another's voice in this echo chamber ;)

Thanks, those who have faith in us and stick with us will not be dissapointed.

Offline fuzzy

the situation is progressing unfavorably for PTS holders at the moment. I need help with the honouring of PTS immediately.

Can you just sell NoirShares for protoshares at a discount?  Instead of giving PTS holders something for nothing, you could give them  2x of what you'll charge for with Bitcoin.  Then you're supporting the PTS ecosystem (offering a premium over current market valuations because you believe in the long/short term potential) and especially right now becoming further vested in the Bitshares ecosystem since PTs are quite valuable until the 28th of Feb

This sounds like a great idea.  However, I am curious--wouldn't one just wait until after Feb 28th to use them to buy NoirShares?  At that juncture, unless there was a market mechanism like AngelShares has (fixed amount released daily, % awarded based on finite supply against an uncapped investment amount), might there be issues with buying up NoirShares for nothing...

Of course, on the opposite end, I suppose being able to use them for NoirShares after Feb 28th could also help stabalize the price of PTS after the "snapshot" is taken and keep it from dropping too much since PTS would still be used to purchase another crypto-equity that is being worked on by a trusted Dev. 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:57:30 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
The next update of the client is confirmed to be importing PTS addresses. So... i've decided to discard the old snapshot, if you wish for NoirShares.... i suggest you transfer your PTS to your local client, we will take a new snapshot in 12 hours. We cannot extend the date any further due to time constraints.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Can you get a good windows wallet? Mine is still mining at 2.5 hashes and suffice to say hasn't found anything yet.

i truly am trying, but windows seems to dislike me. I'll keep you updated, i just completed some changes and am looking for a builder, i failed to use gitian.

sumantso

Can you get a good windows wallet? Mine is still mining at 2.5 hashes and suffice to say hasn't found anything yet.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
{
"blocks" : 2548,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000972,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespermin" : "No information yet. Wait at least 4 minutes after starting mining for estimate.",
"networkhashps" : 238,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Large show of interest, we are happy people are actively mining and accruing equity. As of Friday, we will have the official opening of business. With a lot of things being worked on and consulted, please excuse me if i won't be on hand on the forums. you can catch me on skype if you need immediate assistance name : barwizi. For those hoping to see the development processes please contact me on skype, we will have a chat group with regular updates.

Offline fuzzy

Though some of my attention is now divided, i still am an active member of PTS community and III knows i am not going anywhere. My discoveries, ideas and innovations are for the group as a whole, they may be snubbing us here but we are still a part of this. Some have as much as 5000 PTS that was bought in anticipation of BTSX, my own PTS holdings are nothing to scoff at either. It should be noted that after i created the PoS/PoW Momentum code, i made it available to bytemaster. All my work will be shared with III without exception, if we can deal with our differences, i believe we can start attacking some of the issues that we will face.

NIG is not in a hurry, as proven by my not opening investment options before all the structures are in place. The Noir Fund  is already being tested but there are some security concerns that i want to deal with first before making it public. As it is meant to promote decentralization, some areas need ingenuity and innovation. for me it's easier coded than said.

With regard to factionalism, it does not exist. We may have brought in many new players, but quite a sizeable chunk of shares are in the hands of PTS holders already. And after a while when things pick up, there will be a lot of cross-investing as some of the ideas from both parties will work hand in hand.

Great Points...

Offline fuzzy

This would help to divert the constant trading of altcoins back into bitcoin and would provide the liquidity "stolen" from the Bitcoin ecosystem and spread it across the consensus-adopting Devs/Communities.  Those who complain about devaluation of their PTS for this would be gaining value from the 10% stake they get in the next blockchain/crypto...and better yet, it would provide liquidity for all involved over time.  Once Devs from other altcoins start realizing this (especially those for services like GameCoin, SexCoin, DevCoin...etc) would likely start pouring in trying to do the same.  But the initial movers would gain the most over time from this move (for an example...look at litecoin. 

But like I said, these are only my thoughts.  I would be glad to hear other opinions.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:22:25 pm by fuznuts »

Offline fuzzy

Just can't think of a better way to reinforce the value for all parties...which also means Devs have a vested interest in the value of each other's currencies because the richer the entire community, the more wealth, Devs with other cryptos could do the exact same thing...

This would make Bytemaster and friends happy because PTS will be the first mover on that level and as such will have a significant advantage that diminishes over time and evens out naturally as more competition enters the system.  This would also give communities incentive to port bounties amongst each other. 

Sorry for posting this as I know this is a hard topic to work on...and obviously a sore spot for different parties (especially for investors!!! :O), but this seems to be something you could do even without giving the 10%...just not sure how much the community will want to invest PTS into NoirAngelShares without it offering them an act of good will first.  I mean, if I were rich I certainly would...and might be able to put a BTC in over time, but I would do so feeling more like either PTS or NIG is going to destroy the other as opposed to forming a symbiotic form of competitive relationship...

I guess with that said, ByteMaster should have tried to accept MMC in addition to PTS for AngelShares...but I think it might be too late for that (and, personally, that is ok with me because we are still experimenting and I trust their intentions).  It certainly would add value to MMC though...and incentivize their people to work more to the benefit of PTS because their fates would be more intertwined. 

just some thoughts.  take them or toss them...but I hope these words make their way to you and are considered moving forward, regardless what you do ;)

Offline fuzzy

hm...I am wondering if you should have given the 10% and then afterward said "I would like to give PTS owners the ability to donate NoirBits, NoirShares, BitShares, Keyhotee Points, and MemoryCoin for our AngelShare fund"

I hate to say it, but it just feels like it makes sense...because it creates a sort of feedback loop wherein the social concensus actually benefits new devs with a free-market approach AND the entire community.