Author Topic: bitshares 101 - bitshares.finance  (Read 2890 times)

Offline bitcoinsfacil

Is the proposal to list some of the bitshares smartcoins/bitassets on your defi website?

Which assets would be in scope?

This is still not a proposal just a way of engaging in talks that would benefit BitShares ecosystem.

My/our #defi website intention is to be fully BitShares specific. A place to show how BitShares is more #defi than what people think.

I consider decentralized finance an excellent application for blockchains at this early stage and BitShares is ready for it. It just needs to be way more specific with the things you can already do.

Offline R

• View Profile
Is the proposal to list some of the bitshares smartcoins/bitassets on your defi website?

Which assets would be in scope?

Offline bitcoinsfacil

"Talk without the support of action means nothing."
― DaShanne Stokes

I bought http://www.bitshares.finance

This is a post to understand 2 specific questions:

1) Are my ideas aligned with what the community wants?

2) Is there room to support the initiative with worker funds?

My personal conclusion is that BitShares will gain network effect by targeting developers. Empowering the creation of products that will alone bring real users.

The concept for decentralized finance (#defi) is new for crypto users but the adoption is at a high pace. Simple products that remove technicalities and focus on the most needed requests.

The mechanics to enable them have been available for years. But the "hockey stick" adoption curve is only recent.

Compound is an algorithmic money market protocol on Ethereum that lets users earn interest or borrow assets against collateral.

The How:
A `how-to` do it on BitShares approach. Educate on the available on-chain and off-chain features BitShares has currently working.

The Why:
Expand the #defi related talks to include BitShares. Detach it from ETH as the only capable blockchain.

Links:
https://defipulse.com