Author Topic: Some clarity on the chains  (Read 2888 times)

Offline bytemaster

Unless additional funds outside of AGS/PTS are raised for a DAC then I see no other division than 50/50 making sense.

Exactly, if anyone makes a clone with minor modifications with any other allocation I will immediately make a 50/50 copy and get a bigger network.

Which snapshot is used depends on how recent it is, I'm thinking of going ahead and making 0% chains for other cryptocurrencies and also common indices (s&p 500 for example) right when BTS XT graduates to BTS X

Please note our latest recommendation regarding honoring BitShares XT for future chains rather than AGS / PTS....

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2940.msg36848#msg36848

Awesome! As a PTS/AGS holder this makes me happy
Be sure to voice your opinion and reasons in the other thread.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Unless additional funds outside of AGS/PTS are raised for a DAC then I see no other division than 50/50 making sense.

Exactly, if anyone makes a clone with minor modifications with any other allocation I will immediately make a 50/50 copy and get a bigger network.

Which snapshot is used depends on how recent it is, I'm thinking of going ahead and making 0% chains for other cryptocurrencies and also common indices (s&p 500 for example) right when BTS XT graduates to BTS X

Please note our latest recommendation regarding honoring BitShares XT for future chains rather than AGS / PTS....

Awesome! As a PTS/AGS holder this makes me happy
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Each new chain will be a new snapshot (except for resets in the event of a major bug in the month of March for the BitShares XT network)
As 5% interest and variable interest chains will require additional development, we will take a new snapshot prior to launching those chains.

Just try to clarify with you, for the future  5% interest chain ,ALL the AGS and PTS holder only able to get 10% of the shares of the chain since this new chain is a DAC product form 3I.

First chain, XT will have no interest.

Does the first chain has the dividend from transaction fee?

Yes the first chain has dividends from fees.

I imagine that the interest chain will also do the 50/50 AGS/PTS allocation, as the first chain was originally supposed to have interest. I think current AGS/PTS investors would only find a more diluted share acceptable if it was in a far-future DAC that required a huge amount more work. But that is just my opinion.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
Each new chain will be a new snapshot (except for resets in the event of a major bug in the month of March for the BitShares XT network)
As 5% interest and variable interest chains will require additional development, we will take a new snapshot prior to launching those chains.

Just try to clarify with you, for the future  5% interest chain ,ALL the AGS and PTS holder only able to get 10% of the shares of the chain since this new chain is a DAC product form 3I.

Does the first chain has the dividend from transaction fee?
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline bytemaster

The assets that will be included are:

BTC, GLD, SLV, USD, CNY  and perhaps a few other major currencies. 

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I just want to make sure that I understand wants happening for the upcoming BitsharesX test snapshot.

So there was some discussion around how to make bitsharesX profitable for bitshare holders. Where one chain would have no interest charges, one variable interest and one 5% interest.

Is the snapshot on the 28th of Feb be for the no interest chain? Will new snapshots be taken at a later date for the variable interest and 5% interest chains?
What bitassets will be included in the chain to be launched on the 28th?

Thanks