Author Topic: BitShares X Product Roadmap - AGS/PTS Snapshots and More!  (Read 54790 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

When you guys Officially come out with BTS.
 Make sure  there's a Mac Wallet.

PLEASE consider the Mac users!!! 

(I'm still unable to claim any MMC from my PTS wallet.dat in a working Mac Memorycoin wallet.  :'(

Thanks.

+5%

Offline logramuda

• View Profile

When you guys Officially come out with BTS.
 Make sure  there's a Mac Wallet.

PLEASE consider the Mac users!!! 

(I'm still unable to claim any MMC from my PTS wallet.dat in a working Mac Memorycoin wallet.  :'(

Thanks.

clout

For someone coming late to the party and only really learning more about bitshares today with the protoshares price increase. What is the best way to get bitshares? Buying up protoshares or donating to this AGS think I keep hearing about? Obviously this is to maximise the amount of bitshares I get. 

Thanks for any help.

AGS = 3.33 bts
PTS = 1.33 bts

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
For someone coming late to the party and only really learning more about bitshares today with the protoshares price increase. What is the best way to get bitshares? Buying up protoshares or donating to this AGS think I keep hearing about? Obviously this is to maximise the amount of bitshares I get. 

Thanks for any help.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
It seems that the market loves the decision you made!  :)

indeed amazing :)

http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#pts

24h trades #2 :)

edit: and over 100 BTC to AGS ... good day

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
It seems that the market loves the decision you made!  :)

Offline xxeyes

• View Profile
Thanks Marcus, I had assumed that I would need to "claim" my BTS within the BitShares Client in order to associate a wallet/private key to them before the second snapshot in order to ensure that my initial investment in AngelShares could be linked not only to the first, but also to all subsequent BitShares chains.  From your breakdown I gather that this is not the case.  My stake in future BitShares chains is somehow tied to me through the genesis block of the first BTS chain (which itself is based on a snapshot of AngelShares/ProtoShares) even without me accessing my BitShares before the Second snapshot.  Correct?

Correct. No need to claim anything. Every subsequent snapshot will copy your very same original (public) address - as long as you do not transfer your BTS to a different address beforehand that is. You will already have a wallet.dat/private key associated to the new BTS - the same one as for your AGS. Same public address means same private key unlocks them.

I understand now, thank you Markus.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Forgive my ignorance... will this PTS addresses be ALL over the PTS blockchain...? or just some selected?
Examples... exchanges will have their addresses values... converted to BTS?

ALL PTS addresses holding a positive balance at the time of snapshot will be considered.
Addresses belonging to exchanges also. This is why it is so important that you do not have your PTS in an exchange at the time of the snapshot but in your own wallet. If you did, then the exchange would receive your BTS and not you.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Thanks Marcus, I had assumed that I would need to "claim" my BTS within the BitShares Client in order to associate a wallet/private key to them before the second snapshot in order to ensure that my initial investment in AngelShares could be linked not only to the first, but also to all subsequent BitShares chains.  From your breakdown I gather that this is not the case.  My stake in future BitShares chains is somehow tied to me through the genesis block of the first BTS chain (which itself is based on a snapshot of AngelShares/ProtoShares) even without me accessing my BitShares before the Second snapshot.  Correct?

Correct. No need to claim anything. Every subsequent snapshot will copy your very same original (public) address - as long as you do not transfer your BTS to a different address beforehand that is. You will already have a wallet.dat/private key associated to the new BTS - the same one as for your AGS. Same public address means same private key unlocks them.

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
No actions to take on your part aside from making sure your PTS is in your local wallet (not on an exchange) prior to Feb 28th.   Once the snapshot is taken we will begin preparing for release.   After we have released the code you will be able to import your wallet at any time and you will be good to go. 

No extra steps.

Thanks bytemaster, but I'm still confused.  You say that "we have decided to recommend that all future chains based upon the concept behind BitShares X be initialized with a snapshot (100%) of the state of BitShares XT around the time of their launch".  It seems to me that there are two snapshots, one of AngelShares/ProtoShares around Feb. 28 in order to claim BitShares XT, then another of BitShares XT around launch time in order to claim my stake in future chains based on the concept behind BitShares X.  Is this the case, or is there only one snapshot, that of AngelShares/ProtoShares on Feb. 28, which the distribution of both BitShares XT and all future chains based on the concept behind BitShares X will be based?

If the latter is true, than I understand that there are no extra steps.  If the former is true, then does this not mean that I have to ensure that I have downloaded the bitshares client and claimed my bitshares (from AngelShares) before this snapshot of BitShares XT is taken in order to claim my stake in future chains based on the concept behind BitShares X?

There will be two snapshots.

The first one will copy all AGS/PTS addresses with a positive balance at that time and assign them their BTS balances. This copy will be in the first block (genesis block) of the BTS chain.
The second snapshot will then copy all BTS addresses with a positive balance at a later time to incorporate them in the genesis block of the new chain.

--> If you never touch your BTS before the second snapshot they will still be sitting in the genesis block of the first BTS chain. This balance will of course be copied in the second snapshot.

Forgive my ignorance... will this PTS addresses be ALL over the PTS blockchain...? or just some selected?
Examples... exchanges will have their addresses values... converted to BTS?

Offline xxeyes

• View Profile
No actions to take on your part aside from making sure your PTS is in your local wallet (not on an exchange) prior to Feb 28th.   Once the snapshot is taken we will begin preparing for release.   After we have released the code you will be able to import your wallet at any time and you will be good to go. 

No extra steps.

Thanks bytemaster, but I'm still confused.  You say that "we have decided to recommend that all future chains based upon the concept behind BitShares X be initialized with a snapshot (100%) of the state of BitShares XT around the time of their launch".  It seems to me that there are two snapshots, one of AngelShares/ProtoShares around Feb. 28 in order to claim BitShares XT, then another of BitShares XT around launch time in order to claim my stake in future chains based on the concept behind BitShares X.  Is this the case, or is there only one snapshot, that of AngelShares/ProtoShares on Feb. 28, which the distribution of both BitShares XT and all future chains based on the concept behind BitShares X will be based?

If the latter is true, than I understand that there are no extra steps.  If the former is true, then does this not mean that I have to ensure that I have downloaded the bitshares client and claimed my bitshares (from AngelShares) before this snapshot of BitShares XT is taken in order to claim my stake in future chains based on the concept behind BitShares X?

The first one will copy all AGS/PTS addresses with a positive balance at that time and assign them their BTS balances. This copy will be in the first block (genesis block) of the BTS chain.
The second snapshot will then copy all BTS addresses with a positive balance at a later time to incorporate them in the genesis block of the new chain.

--> If you never touch your BTS before the second snapshot they will still be sitting in the genesis block of the first BTS chain. This balance will of course be copied in the second snapshot.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:42:13 pm by xxeyes »

Offline Markus

• View Profile

No extra steps.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Last block on 2/28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what time zone?   My local time Zone is est and is 12  hours behind Beijing time

Everything we do is GMT.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
Last block on 2/28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what time zone?   My local time Zone is est and is 12  hours behind Beijing time
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students