Author Topic: BitShares X Product Roadmap - AGS/PTS Snapshots and More!  (Read 54769 times)

Offline bytemaster

Just seen the preview video, great stuff.

Another question, since xt is a MVP, does it still include inactivity fees? If so how much are they and for what period. Can remember reading this, but unable to find the topic.

In activity fee 5% charged for balances that are not updated at least once per year.   Just transfer it to yourself and avoid the fee.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline graffenwalder

Just seen the preview video, great stuff.

Another question, since xt is a MVP, does it still include inactivity fees? If so how much are they and for what period. Can remember reading this, but unable to find the topic.

Offline graffenwalder

Any chance we can go back to the original topic? Would love to hear more details about the DAC's.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Isn't "time" encoded in the block??

EDIT:
I see your point .. the above block is already confirmed once
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:04:46 pm by xeroc »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
But "found" status has no timestamp without a trusted source.

Code: [Select]
protoshared getblock $(protoshared getblockhash $(protoshared getblockcount))
gives a timestamp to me:
Code: [Select]
{
    "hash" : "000000142fe98fac3b7286ef3ccdbc0af41a0a225712e85d4d2ded7e5d298d64",
    "confirmations" : 1,
    "size" : 228,
    "height" : 56799,
    "version" : 2,
    "merkleroot" : "13833e815f980d80acc0a7a35afae9de9160c14c59972ed0cb5480f8f5ee1deb",
    "tx" : [
        "13833e815f980d80acc0a7a35afae9de9160c14c59972ed0cb5480f8f5ee1deb"
    ],
    "time" : 1393253631,
    "nonce" : 0,
    "bits" : "1d1b9a28",
    "difficulty" : 0.03622848,
    "previousblockhash" : "0000000d464a81a7e61579ac151f6f55a16a2cd1b520d2512d9e179bdbd74d20"
}

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I'm still a bit confused - will it be the last block found in Feb (and confirmed later) or the last block confirmed in Feb?
I'd go for 'found'

For the purpose of speculation: keep in mind that the timestamp in the blocks are 'chosen' by the miner and are allowed to be off several hour!!

But "found" status has no timestamp without a trusted source.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'm still a bit confused - will it be the last block found in Feb (and confirmed later) or the last block confirmed in Feb?
I'd go for 'found'

For the purpose of speculation: keep in mind that the timestamp in the blocks are 'chosen' by the miner and are allowed to be off several hour!!

Offline racer8

• View Profile
this statement is very clear now. By the end of last day of February 2014 at GMT time zone.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
 +5%

When you guys Officially come out with BTS.
 Make sure  there's a Mac Wallet.

PLEASE consider the Mac users!!! 

(I'm still unable to claim any MMC from my PTS wallet.dat in a working Mac Memorycoin wallet.  :'(

Thanks.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
this statement is very clear now. By the end of last day of February 2014 at GMT time zone.

Many people are inquiring about the snapshot of the PTS blockchain. (For the BTS genesis block).
I wonder if someone might briefly clarify:

Will it occur on February 28th at 12am GMT? (meaning the beginning of the day on the 28th GMT)
Or Will it occur on March 1st at 12am GMT? (Meaning the end of the day on the 28th GMT)
Or Will it be a snapshot of the final block of the PTS blockchain on the 28th(GMT)?

Thank you in advance!

The last confirmed block in the GMT month of February.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:49:14 pm by sfinder »
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Many people are inquiring about the snapshot of the PTS blockchain. (For the BTS genesis block).

Will it occur on February 28th at 12am GMT? (meaning the beginning of the day on the 28th GMT)
Or Will it occur on March 1st at 12am GMT? (Meaning the end of the day on the 28th GMT)
Or Will it be a snapshot of the final block of the PTS blockchain on the 28th(GMT)?

Thank you in advance!

The last confirmed block in the GMT month of February.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Thank you in advance!

The snapshot will be of the final block on the 28th (GMT).  It will probably be generated sometime the next day, but when it's generated exactly doesn't really matter.  The crucial point is the last block included.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

Thank you in advance!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Hi Adam,

From a noobs perspective I think you're overreacting a bit.

In this fast evolving crypto space, I'd rather see a company adapt and make changes, then just continue the lesser original plan. If the funding with PTS was simply just not enough, then AGS was necessary. Something could be said about how AGS devalued PTS in the short term, but it's to late to reverse. But the value of PTS to BTS and following DAC's hasn't got worse.

So far the decisions made by III seem logical.

I'm going to give this a +5% too.

I think we need to really break this down to the bare bones and keep it simple:  This, is bitcoin2.0;

One has to apply this mindset to investments in PTS/AGS/BTSX, et. al.... and compare how its holding against BTC.  A few months back, I invested half the BTC I owned into the 3I ecosystem; initially got in through mining PTS and then when the coyote pool shut down, buying on the exchanges; eventually converting to AGS (through selling PTS for BTC on an exchange and finally donating BTC for AGS).

Here's where things 'clicked' for me:  From that snapshot, the half of my BTC I let ride - witnessed a 40+% decline; meanwhile, the half invested in PTS, ....then AGS (..and soon to be BTS-X...) has appreciated 12%.  Daniel has mentioned a few times of "thinking in terms of buckets of value" and I really like that perspective.  Long story short, I've experienced much better gains through diversifying my investment portfolio [of cryptocurrencies] by reallocating the 'bucket of value' from BTC to AGS; and that - makes me a happy investor. 

I don't believe this is an instance of 3I, or anyone else, trying to influence the market for short-term returns; or as Adam stated, "fixation on short term value".  I believe this is market feedback to a system that's starting to wake up and begin breathing.  This has so far proven to be a great example of rapid iterations of building minimum viable products, that are operating favorably according to feedback.  Think: Lean Startup - that's the iterative product development process 3I is following, whether consciously or not.  I've been extremely impressed with each of the pivots made in order to maintain and excel value growth.

TL;DR
Keep up the good work, 3I - you guys are working hard and its really starting to show, IMHO - through market feedback and hard data.

-Brian