Author Topic: BitShares Newsletter / 比特股快报 - 09/05/2019 (English & 中文)  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
vote is shi*t, holder is shi*t?

My comment wasn't judgemental on voters. I merely pointed out an inaccuracy in the report.

That said, I welcome the effort to publish a newsletter. I've been missing stuff like the "State of the Network" reports people used to make.
It's impossible to participate in every single discussion or even to stay up to date with all developments here. A comprehensive report helps immensely with staying up to date at least on a high level.

https://news.bitshares.org :)
en, looks very good!

Much appreciated!

Chinese, Slovenian, Thai, Russian and Serbian are coming up, just a bit slowly - budget is very tight and a lot of much needed deliveries were never even planned.
In reality 5000 USD a month for 4 main people + freelancers is not really much, but it was 1st .org worker and we wanted to prove ourselves.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

My comment wasn't judgemental on voters. I merely pointed out an inaccuracy in the report.

That said, I welcome the effort to publish a newsletter. I've been missing stuff like the "State of the Network" reports people used to make.
It's impossible to participate in every single discussion or even to stay up to date with all developments here. A comprehensive report helps immensely with staying up to date at least on a high level.

en, looks very good!

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Imm_Ortal

• View Profile
The impulse from the community to stop workers dumping is only natural.

However, it is only that, an impulse. It wasn't a conscientious decision and, instead of helping Bitshares price, it's killing the whole ecosystem.

It is indecent to, all of a sudden, stop paying for contracts that are already running and halt development.

On the other side, the big factor that is preventing price from going up is not workers' dumping, but the sale-wall which is created by the margin calll mechanism.

I did a detailed analysis here:

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@aguerrido/feedback-loops-and-analysis-of-bitshares-architecture-in-relation-to-smart-assets-sustainability

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
@Customminer

I'm sorry i can't get any useful information from your answer.

Every bts is free, no one force them.

Reserve pool funds shouldn't exsit for the program which have run for almost 6 years,the program should use its own income to feed the witness and worker,especially core and UI worker.

BTS has its own income, it's a DEX, this is its advantage, i don't want anyone forget it, not only focus the reserve pool.

I can agree with that sentiment. I would have suggested a transition phase though where fee schedule and other things can be adjusted for that.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
@Customminer

I'm sorry i can't get any useful information from your answer.

Every bts is free, no one force them.

Reserve pool funds shouldn't exsit for the program which have run for almost 6 years,the program should use its own income to feed the witness and worker,especially core and UI worker.

BTS has its own income, it's a DEX, this is its advantage, i don't want anyone forget it, not only focus the reserve pool.

Offline R

• View Profile
I don't think it is not good.
So you support refund400k, I do not. The impact of refund400k on the future price of Bitshares is subjective, however it's had an undeniable negative effect on development and marketing contrary to ShirleyDD's latest newsletter.

I  think the holder has the right and ability to decide which worker is good for them.
I do not disagree that BTS holders have the right to decide their own voting slate.

Now i only can see many of you think the holder is foolish and short-sighted.
Voting for refund400k is short-sighted since it immediately sacrificed development, infrastructure, integration and marketing with long lasting impact with little prior outreach.

I don't think that all BTS holders are foolish, I'm simply explaining factual inaccuracies in ShirleyDD's newsletter which were irrefutably caused by refund400k.

The worker was voted in and out which was very normal, the holder didn't give a promise for that.
Sure, worker proposals provide highly unstable employment prospects for developers.

The holders may not have made promises, but individuals acting on behalf of integration & conference worker proposals certainly would have had to make promises on behalf of Bitshares once they were previously activated; not a good impression to pull out of multiple such contracts so abruptly.

The worker fund shouldn't only come from the reserve pool,it should also come from donation or other way.
Releasing reserve pool funds to worker proposals is like a donation from the network.

It's unlikely that private donations will fully replace reserve pool funding; the NA conference is fully cancelled by refund400k - donations won't matter.

Developers aren't going to work for free, they have bills and rent to pay so they will seek work elsewhere quite quickly.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

thanks to item 1.
Voting for refund400k isn't good. Refund400k has caused multiple items in ShirleyDD's newsletter to be factually inacurrate.

3. All UI development has halted due to refund400k: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27785.msg335107#msg335107
4. Bitshares Decentralized sponsorship worker proposal is de-activated due to refund400k, a severe loss of marketing opportunity.
5. Steemfest worker proposal is not active. Given how refund400k effectively cancelled the other two conferences without notice, you shouldn't promote this as a sure thing.

It doesn't appear that the true damaging effects/consequences of refund400k are being fully communicated, especially with this 'newsletter' being fully unaware of the above.

I don't think it is not good.

I  think the holder has the right and ability to decide which worker is good for them.

Now i only can see many of you think the holder is foolish and short-sighted.

The worker was voted in and out which was very normal, the holder didn't give a promise for that.

The worker fund shouldn't only come from the reserve pool,it should also come from donation or other way.

Let we check BTC, LTC...., maybe except XRP.

I checked the history of blockchain,found:
DEX: BTS-BITCNY/BITUSD
PAY TO WORKER BITCNY/BITUSD
DEX:BITCNY/BITUSD-BTS
SEND BTS TO CEX
CEX: BTS-BITCOIN
?????
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:46:15 am by binggo »

Offline R

• View Profile

thanks to item 1.
Voting for refund400k isn't good. Refund400k has caused multiple items in ShirleyDD's newsletter to be factually inacurrate.

3. All UI development has halted due to refund400k: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27785.msg335107#msg335107
4. Bitshares Decentralized sponsorship worker proposal is de-activated due to refund400k, a severe loss of marketing opportunity.
5. Steemfest worker proposal is not active. Given how refund400k effectively cancelled the other two conferences without notice, you shouldn't promote this as a sure thing.

It doesn't appear that the true damaging effects/consequences of refund400k are being fully communicated, especially with this 'newsletter' being fully unaware of the above.

---

15. BitShares Prediction Markets developed independent page:

比特股预测市场开发独立页面:

https://develop.bitshares.org/#/prediction

This probably shouldn't be included in public facing newsletters - the develop sub-domain is a development environment ahead of public stable releases. The highlighted UI elements are unavailable in the latest stable releases, the non-develop web wallets and given how refund400k has fired the bitshares-ui workers it's not getting publicly released anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:18:24 am by Customminer »

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Perhaps you should revise this and exclude items 3, 4 and 5 thanks to item 1.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile