Author Topic: Cn-vote union question and answer  (Read 8269 times)

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
By the way, recommend a blockchain browser (Many people may already be using it, but many people may not know)
https://bts.ai/
You will love it,you are welcome :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 12:30:34 pm by cn-vote »

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
Due to the network, many Chinese community people can't visit this forum friendly, so some people have an obligation to establish a Chinese forum, and many people in the Chinese community have been discussing it enthusiastically.
The forum address is https://dpos.club/
I hope that partners from foreign communities will also participate in the discussion.
Of course, this forum is still our main discussion place, and it is still the official forum.

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
Hello, will cn-vote reconsider their witness voting? In particular for those witnesses that just followed the current rules and social contract for applying bsips?

Keep in mind that one day you may be on the other side, hoping witnesses to follow the agreed rules instead of doing whatever they want, unilaterally.

I made the bsip76 related changes to my pricefeed script on September 29th, day on which the two proposal really became active.

Thx

If you ask for a vote like this, I advise you to forget it.

I have to say that in terms of something, whether we agree or disagree, quarrel or communication, we must follow the community consensus.

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
Hello, will cn-vote reconsider their witness voting? In particular for those witnesses that just followed the current rules and social contract for applying bsips?

Keep in mind that one day you may be on the other side, hoping witnesses to follow the agreed rules instead of doing whatever they want, unilaterally.

I made the bsip76 related changes to my pricefeed script on September 29th, day on which the two proposal really became active.

Thx

Thanks for following the community consensus.
We have voted in support of your witnesses in the last few days. You are a good witness and the community needs you.
We will continue to support people who are excellent and who are paying

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Thx

I am really interested to understand how, exactly, pointing out that some witnesses just followed the current rules and social contract (decided by vote, by the whole community) is a bad thing. Because that is what you are implying.

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile

Thx

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Thx

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
Hello, I have some questions for you.

How long do you anticipate keeping the refund 400K proposal voted to the top?
Do you expect to allow funding for the existing workers? if so when?  At What time?

Can you tell me about your vision for BitShares?  Can you give me a mission statement?  What are your goals for BitShares?

What brings value to BitShares?

How do you count and measure value?

What metrics do you look at?

What is the most effective method to build value at Bitshares?

Where do you see BitShares going in the Future?

What type of workers do you want to see more of?

What type of projects do you dislike or hate?

Marketing, advertising
What strategy should BitShares be using for marketing?
What strategy should BitShares be using to get more people to BitShares?

Liquidity
What strategy should BitShares be using to improve liquidity?
How should BitShares get more people to trade at the DEX?

Investing
How do we get more people to invest in BitShares?
What new areas of expansion offer the most hope for profits in the future?

To help companies make a vision there is a process that is done. In Business it is common to look at a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. This is part of business planning. I do not know the name for this in Chinese, but there is probably a similar process. It is very common in Business. This looks at the good and the bad in BTS, and then it looks at the good and the bad outside the BTS community.

Can you tell us what you think BitShares Biggest Strengths Are?
How should these be used?

Can you tell us what you think BitShares Biggest Weaknesses are?
What do we need to do to fix these?

Can you tell us what you think BitShares biggest Opportunities are?
What do we need to do to take advantage of these?

Can you tell us what you think BitShares biggest Threats are?
How do we need to avoid them?

What are the Biggest Problems BitShares faces in the Long Term?

What are the Biggest Problems BitShares faces in the Short Term?

What solutions to these problems do you think the BitShares Team needs to work on?

I know this is a lot of questions. I hope you can answer a few.  I also know there can be multiple answers and multiple opinions. As a union of Chinese voters, understanding the goals can help the community to work better. 

Thanks,
Cryptick1
Thank you for your question. Oh, so many questions。
I will simply answer some questions. I hope that you can get the attitude of our community.
400k we don't think it is wrong, it adds a threshold to the worker. To be honest, too many workers before have really failed, and our workers lacked audits, which led to many people with ulterior motives exploiting our rule loopholes. It is the gold that always shines, and the excellent worker will not stop moving because of this threshold.

cn-vote is not against everything. We are strongly supportive of such excellent teams as core. Strictly speaking, there are very few communities like us that are doing our best to work for the bitshares. If you know enough about our community, you will admire the contribution behind us.

Compared to those who are keyboard wise and have ulterior motives, our community has really paid too much behind the scenes and suffered too many misunderstandings.

In our community, many are btsers for more than 6 years. Members of our community basically hold a lot of bts, just like a company, there is no more concern about the future of the company than a large number of people holding company stocks,If an employee doesn't even own the company's stock, then he may be more concerned about whether his salary is higher, whether the welfare is better, whether the car and the house should be replaced, he will not care about the company's life and death. .

Behind our community, we have put a lot of effort into the development of the bitshares. All of this is voluntary and there is no compensation.Includes various obligations for marketing, promotion, and various activities. I think you also know that without a large number of users in China, BitShares will not have today's success. The entire Chinese community is well aware of the development of BitShares.

WeChat ID "cn-vote" is our WeChat public account, if you want to contact us. Please add:Wen_Dehua.I feel that if you have misunderstood us or need to ask for our vote, you can add our WeChat to our core group communication. If you do this, you will understand that cn-vote has been misunderstood.

thanks

Offline Cryptick1

Hello, I have some questions for you.

How long do you anticipate keeping the refund 400K proposal voted to the top?
Do you expect to allow funding for the existing workers? if so when?  At What time?

Can you tell me about your vision for BitShares?  Can you give me a mission statement?  What are your goals for BitShares?

What brings value to BitShares?

How do you count and measure value?

What metrics do you look at?

What is the most effective method to build value at Bitshares?

Where do you see BitShares going in the Future?

What type of workers do you want to see more of?

What type of projects do you dislike or hate?

Marketing, advertising
What strategy should BitShares be using for marketing?
What strategy should BitShares be using to get more people to BitShares?

Liquidity
What strategy should BitShares be using to improve liquidity?
How should BitShares get more people to trade at the DEX?

Investing
How do we get more people to invest in BitShares?
What new areas of expansion offer the most hope for profits in the future?

To help companies make a vision there is a process that is done. In Business it is common to look at a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. This is part of business planning. I do not know the name for this in Chinese, but there is probably a similar process. It is very common in Business. This looks at the good and the bad in BTS, and then it looks at the good and the bad outside the BTS community.

Can you tell us what you think BitShares Biggest Strengths Are?
How should these be used?

Can you tell us what you think BitShares Biggest Weaknesses are?
What do we need to do to fix these?

Can you tell us what you think BitShares biggest Opportunities are?
What do we need to do to take advantage of these?

Can you tell us what you think BitShares biggest Threats are?
How do we need to avoid them?

What are the Biggest Problems BitShares faces in the Long Term?

What are the Biggest Problems BitShares faces in the Short Term?

What solutions to these problems do you think the BitShares Team needs to work on?

I know this is a lot of questions. I hope you can answer a few.  I also know there can be multiple answers and multiple opinions. As a union of Chinese voters, understanding the goals can help the community to work better. 

Thanks,
Cryptick1

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
WHAT IS DPOS?

DPOS (Delegated Proof of Stake) is a consensus algorithm based on voting elections. It is a bit like a democratic conference. The currency holder selects several representative nodes to operate the network, and uses professionally run network servers to ensure the blocks. Chain network security and performance. In the DPOS mechanism, there is no need to calculate the mathematics problem, but the holder of the currency chooses who to say the producer. If the producer is incompetent, it may be voted out at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
Thank you.

You mentioned that support for the UI worker was under review because 'development is slow'. Can you please explain what you mean by this?

I am asking because:

A) It is not clear what you mean by speed. Do you mean the frequency of releases? The speed of iteration to visual elements? The number of features or fixes?

B) It is not clear what you are comparing speed to. Are you comparing the speed of this worker to other blockchains you are involved in? Or to a generic idea of 'development'?

C) It is not clear or obvious to me how removing funding will increase 'speed' however it is defined. Can you please explain your rationale here?

Finally, if speed - however it is defined - is actually an issue, why do we not see greater participation from people within the cn-vote group who are critical of it? We all have the chance to help bitshares - with or without pay, and many of us who work on gateways for Bitshares already contribute in various forms.

These are genuine questions, and I appreciate a genuine response. We don't need to agree, but we do need to understand each other.

Thank you for your question.
We are not totally against UI. We also know that UI is a lot of development difficulties due to historical willingness. Just think that UI team still have some problems, so we hope you improve.
1): The core staff of your UI team has limited participation time this year and hope to participate more in development. Your staff should also be more fixed.
2): The bitshares system is complex. To achieve all functions, the team's planning and design capabilities are very high. we hope that your team will work hard to overcome difficulties and solve difficulties for the bitshares

We can feel the sincerity of your willingness to find problems and improve your problems. The UI is already working. we hope that UI team will complete the new version as soon as possible. The work is excellent. We will vote for you more in the future.
I hope we can communicate more..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:40:26 am by cn-vote »

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
Hello, thanks for writing this thread.

What is your opinion on third party exchanges voting with BTS deposits?

Thanks.
Thank you for your question. I checked the forum materials and understood the questions you asked. We will pay attention to this matter. If there is a clear support result, we will inform you at the first time.

SubstantialAnything

Thank you.

You mentioned that support for the UI worker was under review because 'development is slow'. Can you please explain what you mean by this?

I am asking because:

A) It is not clear what you mean by speed. Do you mean the frequency of releases? The speed of iteration to visual elements? The number of features or fixes?

B) It is not clear what you are comparing speed to. Are you comparing the speed of this worker to other blockchains you are involved in? Or to a generic idea of 'development'?

C) It is not clear or obvious to me how removing funding will increase 'speed' however it is defined. Can you please explain your rationale here?

Finally, if speed - however it is defined - is actually an issue, why do we not see greater participation from people within the cn-vote group who are critical of it? We all have the chance to help bitshares - with or without pay, and many of us who work on gateways for Bitshares already contribute in various forms.

These are genuine questions, and I appreciate a genuine response. We don't need to agree, but we do need to understand each other.

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello, thanks for writing this thread.

What is your opinion on third party exchanges voting with BTS deposits?

Thanks.