Main > General Discussion

how to judge the result of a poll worker?

(1/4) > >>

R:

--- Quote from: Fox on September 27, 2019, 06:10:29 pm ---Write a BSIP.

Frankly "what you think" is irrelevant.  This project is based on a consistent process to draft, define, evaluate and implement change. In the case of BSIP76 the definition phase was not completed. The fraudulent actions of an individual actor to circumvent the accepted process has undermined this project's legitimacy.

Write a BSIP.

--- End quote ---

Would you consider the fraudulent actions of said individual actor to have constituted economic terrorism? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_terrorism

--- Quote ---The term economic terrorism or financial terrorism is strictly defined to indicate an attempt at economic destabilization by a group. Economic terrorism is defined in the following terms:

Contrary to "economic warfare" which is undertaken by states against other states, "economic terrorism" would be undertaken by transnational or non-state actors. This could entail varied, coordinated and sophisticated or massive destabilizing actions in order to disrupt the economic and financial stability of a state, a group of states or a society (such as market oriented western societies or economies) or a trading exchange for ideological, monetary or religious motives.

These actions, if undertaken, may be violent or not. They could have either immediate effects or carry psychological effects which in turn have economic consequences.

--- End quote ---
Comparing the above Wikipedia definition to the fraudulent action:

* Economic destabilization? bitCNY & bitUSD are now fed fake feeds, they're no longer stablecoins (destabilized). ✔
* Transnational or non-state actors? ✔
* Varied? Multiple bitassets targeted, unknown intimidation/coercion methods. ~
* Coordinated? Intimidation/coercion of multiple targets requires coordination, especially for them to act prior to any BSIP activating. ✔
* Sophisticated? Not really ❌
* Disrupted the economic and financial stability of a trading exchange for monetary & idealogical motives? ✔
* Psychological effects? Contradicts years of marketing, most MPA documentation & even the asset details. ✔
* Economic consequences? A lack of global settlement under global settlement conditions, bitassets worth less than reference feed price, decrease in BTS value. ✔

bitProfessor:
After price recovery, I no longer support gs, bsip76. Without  bitcny, I couldn't find any reason to support it.

bitProfessor:

--- Quote from: Fox on September 27, 2019, 06:10:29 pm ---Write a BSIP.

Frankly "what you think" is irrelevant.  This project is based on a consistent process to draft, define, evaluate and implement change. In the case of BSIP76 the definition phase was not completed. The fraudulent actions of an individual actor to circumvent the accepted process has undermined this project's legitimacy.

Write a BSIP.

--- End quote ---
U are right,i am soory. I support bsip76 for bitCny,but I've given up bitcny now, too much pay for bitcny. Procedural justice is more important than outcome justice, because there is no way to judge whether the outcome is correct or not?

R:
Regarding the use of BSIPs for changing the bitassets - Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the committee to communicate directly with their price feed publishers about their intended plan for bitasset price feeds? As a private smartcoin owner (creator) I wouldn't want a BSIP vote to change the feeds against my will.

Why not put change proposals (like BSIP76) to the committee (instead of the public via BSIPs) since they're the asset owner? If price feed publishers refused then the committee could simply switch from witness fed to private price feed publisher list, allowing them to refine the price feed publisher list to those willing to comply with committee decisions.

Voting on committee members based on bitasset BSIPs instead of on witnesses would avoid unnecessary witness/network instabilities, as it doesn't cost anything to be a committee member where as there are many servers & services to run as a witness.

R:
Side note: Looks like the bitshares-ui and bts.ai show 0.00% funding for WP regardless of prior activation, to check if an BSIP ever achieved activation prior to implementation, look up the worker proposal object for the balance id like the following for BSIP76 indicating no network activation/consensus (0 balance, no activation):
https://btsapi.grcnode.co.uk/get_bts_object?object_id=1.14.222&api_key=123abc
https://btsapi.grcnode.co.uk/get_bts_object?object_id=1.13.26121&api_key=123abc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version