Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[witness proposal]GBAC and active developer ETY001 jointly run for BTS witness

(1/3) > >>

ripplexiaoshan:

--- Quote from: sschiessl on October 08, 2019, 05:15:15 am ---
--- Quote from: ripplexiaoshan on October 08, 2019, 04:12:02 am ---
--- Quote from: abit on October 01, 2019, 01:21:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: ety001 on September 30, 2019, 11:18:46 pm ---Yes, I have reminded Jademont to edit the API node url to the new one ( wss://api.1hour.win/ws ). :)

--- End quote ---
Interesting. Jademont again? If I'm correct Jademont is behind quite a few witnesses. Ideally witnesses should be somewhat independent. The worst scenario is a hostile takeover, I wish it's not our case.

--- End quote ---
I take it as compliment.

As a long term BTS holder since day 1, I have helped many person including some witnesses thus have connection with some of them, that's why it seems "I am behind a few witnesses". However, none of the current active witnesses belongs to me. To avoid conflict of interest, ety001 is the only maintainer of server, and he is responsible for price feeding, block producing, etc..

BTW, I do think for some active witness, whose owner has been inactive in community for long time, should not have support anymore. Producing blocks is the basic job for witnesses, but witnesses need to do more, especially when worker budget is cut. I have seen a lot good examples in other projects, for example, EOS, GXC, COCOS, etc.. We should learn from them.

--- End quote ---

Have you checked witness pay for your examples? At least EOS is not close to being comparable in that regards.

--- End quote ---

Regarding the total market cap, it is comparable.

sschiessl:

--- Quote from: ripplexiaoshan on October 08, 2019, 04:12:02 am ---
--- Quote from: ety001 on September 30, 2019, 11:18:46 pm ---Yes, I have reminded Jademont to edit the API node url to the new one ( wss://api.1hour.win/ws ). :)

--- End quote ---
Interesting. Jademont again? If I'm correct Jademont is behind quite a few witnesses. Ideally witnesses should be somewhat independent. The worst scenario is a hostile takeover, I wish it's not our case.

--- End quote ---
I take it as compliment.

As a long term BTS holder since day 1, I have helped many person including some witnesses thus have connection with some of them, that's why it seems "I am behind a few witnesses". However, none of the current active witnesses belongs to me. To avoid conflict of interest, ety001 is the only maintainer of server, and he is responsible for price feeding, block producing, etc..

BTW, I do think for some active witness, whose owner has been inactive in community for long time, should not have support anymore. Producing blocks is the basic job for witnesses, but witnesses need to do more, especially when worker budget is cut. I have seen a lot good examples in other projects, for example, EOS, GXC, COCOS, etc.. We should learn from them.

--- End quote ---

Have you checked witness pay for your examples? At least EOS is not close to being comparable in that regards.

ripplexiaoshan:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I take it as compliment.

GBAC:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

ETY001 is the only person who can touch the server,GBAC team up with ETY001 to make more contribution instead of just producing blocks.

abit:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version