Author Topic: /r/BitShares Subreddit  (Read 3112 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I just now read this thread and do have someone who helps me monitor reddit, but would be great to have help with bitcointalk as well. unlimited_power and anyone else who thinks they may be good fit for this job, please pm me and we'll discuss. I could use the help, and you're right, we need to be on top of our message in the other forums. B

Offline fuzzy

I've taken ownership of /r/BitShares. BTS will need a presence on reddit. I encourage you all to subscribe and participate.

I would love to connect with you at some point and see if there is any way to collaborate on this effort as there may be some cross-avenues we can open for each other with regard to participation and planning of other Social Media ventures.

Also, we will need a BitShares tipbot!!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Anybody else think there hasn't been enough hype just because people want to stay quiet before the snapshot?

There is definitively some weight behind the idea not to over-publicize before everything is in order. As it happens, however, everyone just realized that the MVP undercover is actually an extremely important official event.. we already see it reflected in the PTS price.

A zillion people are looking at coinmarketcap.com now and clicking "protoshares" to see what's up. They are then directed to invictus.io where they might click on "bitshares" and "donate with PTS" but they still won't figure out why the price is rising.

I suggest an "Alert" on the frontpage, and at least one thread in the alt-section on various forums. There is really no super-rush as  there are still a few days to think about what to do. Just need to get the news out there by early next week. Monday or Tuesday would be good enough.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:51:58 pm by CLains »

Offline vikram

I could create a thread or threads in the altcoin forum with 1. newletter, 2. bitshares paper update, 3. the snapshot news, 4 .... and we could all chime in with positive energy, but I feel as if there is some reason why it is not being done. Not to mention highlighting these things in IRC channels and various chats on exchanges, e.g. btc-e trollbox. Let's see what Brian Page has to say first :)

I would say go for it. The Feb. 28 deadline is basically on top of us and needs to be advertised as much as possible, we don't need to wait for Brian.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Anybody else think there hasn't been enough hype just because people want to stay quiet before the snapshot?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline progmac

• View Profile
/r/peercoin had a relatively effective marketing campaign by targeting /r/dogecoin, which has a lot of users who are just beginning to explorer cryptocurrency.
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR

Offline CLains

• View Profile
I could create a thread or threads in the altcoin forum with 1. newletter, 2. bitshares paper update, 3. the snapshot news, 4 .... and we could all chime in with positive energy, but I feel as if there is some reason why it is not being done. Not to mention highlighting these things in IRC channels and various chats on exchanges, e.g. btc-e trollbox. Let's see what Brian Page has to say first :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:47:59 am by CLains »

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
I did a quick search on bitcointalk.org to see if the 28th feb snapshot was announced. Most recent thread on there is this thread where everyone agrees that PTS/AGS is shady business. People seem incredibly hostile to things they don't understand, which is unfortunate, but a fact we have to deal with.
I noted that too, on BTT people seems not really care about Bitshares. They aways list Etherium, NXT, MSC or XCP but always forget Bitshares. They don't even seem aware of it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:58:57 am by BldSwtTrs »

Offline bytemaster

Brian seems to focus very little on viral marketing, which could be both cheap and effective. I don't know what the reason for this is. But we're getting a very bad reputation by being invisible. People don't trust things they perceive to be in the shadows.

I did a quick search on bitcointalk.org to see if the 28th feb snapshot was announced. Most recent thread on there is this thread where everyone agrees that PTS/AGS is shady business. People seem incredibly hostile to things they do not understand, which is unfortunate, but a fact we have to deal with.

Actually, Brian has people working on this.   I am sure you will have his blessing and I would recommend working with him.   He already has some people that are supposed to be doing some things on Reddit, but of course we need a greater presence there.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Brian seems to focus very little on viral marketing, which could be both cheap and effective. I don't know what the reason for this is. But we're getting a very bad reputation by being invisible. People don't trust things they perceive to be in the shadows.

I did a quick search on bitcointalk.org to see if the 28th feb snapshot was announced. Most recent thread on there is this thread where everyone agrees that PTS/AGS is shady business. People seem incredibly hostile to things they don't understand, which is unfortunate, but a fact we have to deal with.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:30:42 am by CLains »

Offline vikram

You might have to check with Brian and get his blessing on this as he's running the marketing for Bitshares.

I am a huge supporter of Invictus and am of course happy to work with them on this (Brian & bytemaster give me your suggestions!), but I just want to clarify that BitShares is an idea bigger than Invictus and a subreddit does not need their blessing :)

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
You might have to check with Brian and get his blessing on this as he's running the marketing for Bitshares.

Offline vikram

I've taken ownership of /r/BitShares. BTS will need a presence on reddit. I encourage you all to subscribe and participate.