Author Topic: China seems to have taken an interest in PTS...  (Read 5005 times)

Offline Chartist

• View Profile
Re: China seems to have taken an interest in PTS...
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:28:43 pm »
I have sold all of the PTS.
1 PTS value of 15 dollars in China now.
I don't think PTS would like BTC.
1 BTC is more than 600 dollars in China now,is much higher than MTGOX.
Even so,Registration MTGOX  is too difficult for Chinese.
Contact me,my MSN wulili830207@126.com

So, what you're saying is...                ...?

I'm holding my PTS for as long as Invictus has ideas for it. It's the gift that keeps on giving, for lack of a better saying.
@BTC_Analyst
PTS - PfBmz147Mt6aU3tZ38PyFLMT8P1oxy8NVz
MMC - MRxPyEDRbQFcEpeTdv2B6oXUKWTxeFqWsq

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 06:36:13 pm »

Suit yourself. There's almost certainly going to be one more market rally before Feb 28. Just watch: on Monday or Tuesday morning (Chinese time) we'll see prices approach 150 CNY/PTS ($25).

FYI, the MtGox dollar-price is irrelevant, has been for a long time (even before MtGox torched themselves, the price was higher than the actual BTC market price because it was too hard to withdraw USD from MtGox). Nobody uses MtGox in the US either except for day-trading.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline 222momo222

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 09:50:06 am »

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:50:38 am »

if so it'is better to get btc for pts now without wait for the opportunity to redeem bitshareX after 20 frebruary?
get some more argument to decide to us!!!

ty

unosoiondovo, I'm planning to do a little of both. I don't have enough cash to bet everything on BitsharesXT, so I'll sell some of my PTS right before 28 February, and then re-invest some of that money in PTS once the price crashes. That way, I get some BitsharesXT, but I also get a chance to invest very cheaply in future Invictus projects.

If the PTS price really crashes after 28 February, that suggests that people view BitsharesXT as a very strong bet, so the Bitshare price will probably rise very quickly in the first few days. So if all you want is BitsharesXT, it shouldn't matter very much whether you buy them now (by buying PTS) or after 28 Feb (by buying BTS directly). In fact, the only good reason to wait to buy after 28 Feb is that you'll get to see if BTS works and save your money if it fails. I think we can all agree that if BTS works, i.e., if BitUSD really tracks fedUSD, that it will become very valuable very quickly.

i think to do something like this.
i sell befor 28 february 50% of protoshares and i get the high value reached in this days.
So i get secure gain now.
If pts value after 28 frebruary fall i have however some gain from pts selled and maybe from btsX.
If btsX will be judged wrong project by the market or with high chance of failure, I will however the gains obtained from the sell of protoshare before 28 February
We can not know what will be.
if anyone else has ideas to expose, I will hear :-)

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:00 pm »

if so it'is better to get btc for pts now without wait for the opportunity to redeem bitshareX after 20 frebruary?

ty

unosoiondovo, I'm planning to do a little of both. I don't have enough cash to bet everything on BitsharesXT, so I'll sell some of my PTS right before 28 February, and then re-invest some of that money in PTS once the price crashes. That way, I get some BitsharesXT, but I also get a chance to invest very cheaply in future Invictus projects.

If the PTS price really crashes after 28 February, that suggests that people view BitsharesXT as a very strong bet, so the Bitshare price will probably rise very quickly in the first few days. So if all you want is BitsharesXT, it shouldn't matter very much whether you buy them now (by buying PTS) or after 28 Feb (by buying BTS directly). In fact, the only good reason to wait to buy after 28 Feb is that you'll get to see if BTS works and save your money if it fails. I think we can all agree that if BTS works, i.e., if BitUSD really tracks fedUSD, that it will become very valuable very quickly.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:47 pm »
It's not news, China was the main market of PTS since the first day, there are thousands of die-hard fans discussing PTS/BTS at somewhere like chatting room everyday, and there are many voluntary marketing promoter. I am one of them.

About the expectation of price, most of us believe the price of PTS will drop sharply, and the price of BTS will surpass PTS. I hope 3I could release some plan for future DAC to avoid the dump of PTS.

if so it'is better to get btc for pts now without wait for the opportunity to redeem bitshareX after 28 frebruary?

ty

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:39:04 am by unsoindovo »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 06:39:37 am »
It's not news, China was the main market of PTS since the first day, there are thousands of die-hard fans discussing PTS/BTS at somewhere like chatting room everyday, and there are many voluntary marketing promoter. I am one of them.

About the expectation of price, most of us believe the price of PTS will drop sharply, and the price of BTS will surpass PTS. I hope 3I could release some plan for future DAC to avoid the dump of PTS.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:21:43 am »
BTS has been well promoted  in China. and most of my Chinese coin friends more like to invest on  BTS than MSC and XPT.  PTS price jump is  causing by supply and demand . we only have around 3000 pts mined per day but ppl donate more than 5000 to ags per day.

They are waiting for the date 2-28,perhaps.and,They are expecting the higher price than current.I don't know if I have say it clearly in English.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50:10 am »
They are waiting for the date 2-28,perhaps.and,They are expecting the higher price than current.I don't know if I have say it clearly in English.

and are you clear about their expectation of the price after 28/2 ?

Offline leeyt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:27 am »

Offline Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 02:08:07 am »
Any news causing the current price spike in China?
PTS is trading over 0.02 BTC on btc38. Cryptsy only slowly catching up.

Most likely just people wanting a piece of BTS, thus converting some of their BTC or alt coins into PTS...

Apparently just panic buying due to the looming BTS deadline.
我也感谢 :)

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
China seems to have taken an interest in PTS...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:59:04 am »
I'd like to personally thank China for the recent PTS price spike.  :)

I'm curious if any of our Chinese friends on here can shed some light on what kicked off the buying frenzy?