Author Topic: How many PTS are still on exchanges/ AGS sent from exchange wallets?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
This signifies to me that there will be many less Bitshares available on the market than expected when first released, which may drive the prices even higher.

I also predict that after news comes out that the bitshare snapshot has been taken, that dozens of new people who kept their PTS on exchanges will flood these forums demanding to find out how to get their bitshares.

Surely there is no solid solution to this, but perhaps we could try to message/contact the main exchanges we are listed on to ask them to post a notice to PTS holders to withdraw to their computer wallets???

I agree that there should be a conversation with the exchanges, but one of the difficulties is that the exchanges stand to profit hugely (if not myopically) from keeping their mouths shut and letting Feb 28 roll past with huge amounts of PTS in exchange wallets. Then, nobody can stop the exchanges from redeeming their customers' PTS for XTS and just pocketing them.

It might be possible to convince the exchanges that it will be disastrous PR not to let people redeem their own XTS; for my part, I was disgusted with Cryptsy when they "didn't participate" in the PTS-to-MemoryCoin redemption.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
"
Also it seems a small amount of people have accidentally donated their BTC/PTS for AGS from exchange wallets, further exacerbating the aforementioned quagmire."

Thats a really scary situation and a dumb thing to do at the same time

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
Here is a problem that doesn't seem to heavily spoken about.

There are only a few thousand people on these forums, but there are around 1.5 million PTS out right now.

Surely, there must be a very large number of PTS holders who simply do not know about the bitshare/DAC plan, or do not understand it, and for this reason have kept their PTS on exchanges.

Frankly, I should not even be able to go onto an exchange and even be able to buy PTS right now, and yet there are still so many available for the taking.

This signifies to me that there will be many less Bitshares available on the market than expected when first released, which may drive the prices even higher.

I also predict that after news comes out that the bitshare snapshot has been taken, that dozens of new people who kept their PTS on exchanges will flood these forums demanding to find out how to get their bitshares.

Surely there is no solid solution to this, but perhaps we could try to message/contact the main exchanges we are listed on to ask them to post a notice to PTS holders to withdraw to their computer wallets???

What do you all think of that plan?

Also it seems a small amount of people have accidentally donated their BTC/PTS for AGS from exchange wallets, further exacerbating the aforementioned quagmire.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:01:10 pm by zavtra »