Author Topic: [Poll] BAIP2:Reform of loopholes in feed price mechanism  (Read 42935 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
In retrospect, BAIP2 was a complete failure. BSIP76 has had to be invoked twice now. How humiliating to CNY on an international stage. Come up with real BAIPs which will have a real impact.

Offline jmjatlanta

Or what is the excuse du jours?

Well, it has been a few days. So I'll put up to vote the following for today's excuse:

BTC is dropping, the whole crypto space is dropping, and many are losing interest in BTS due to lack of confidence. The peg is broken. Confidence MAY return if the peg returns.

But with some bagholders, "hope springs eternal" so I am not holding my breath.

Offline startail

I agree that we need to get back to real price feeds, the feed is now only about 60% of the real price on the markets elsewhere. As price of BTC drops this gap will only grow. We could hope for a surge back, but this would be a long wait and the DEX, and in the meantime the DEX takes the risk of all positions.

Returning to real price feeds should now be done in a controlled manner, as shorters need to be able to act on the change. It could be shifted each day over x days. However, the main difficulty now is that many shorters have abused the system and set their CR to the lowest possible as they know the price isn't moving, which introduce yet another issue with this manipulation.

To correct this, there needs to be a definite return to real price feeds. Perhaps a Global Settlement is better than anything today, as a controlled manner may just be an unnecessary hurdle, we have mechanisms to handle this, let them work their magic!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:58:00 am by startail »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Now that it is glaringly obvious that the current BTS downtrend has nothing to do with "price manipulation" and "short selling" on a CEX, but is due to a global BTC downtrend, can you guys finally scrap the "temporary" threshold price and just feed the true price?

This is a must.  If this were to happen however and real price is fed, I feel many people with a short position will get closed quickly.  Perhaps give a time frame for people to either close their position or add additional collateral?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Now that it is glaringly obvious that the current BTS downtrend has nothing to do with "price manipulation" and "short selling" on a CEX, but is due to a global BTC downtrend, can you guys finally scrap the "temporary" threshold price and just feed the true price?

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline bench

I mean this BAIP has been voting, so there should be no changes.
You started voting before addressing problems on BAIP2. You are damaging the collateral value, because BSIP2 does deactivate margin calls in a downtrend.
You did also not comment on my BAIP3, which means no interest for the real solution.

I think also we should vote for it until we figure out something better (obviously not a perfect solution).
obviously not a solution, but BAIP3 is one

BUT no reason to stay any longer with the current static price feed threshold!
BAIP2 does not remove price feed threshold
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 11:37:59 pm by bench »
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think also we should vote for it until we figure out something better (obviously not a perfect solution).

BUT no reason to stay any longer with the current static price feed threshold!

It was supposed to be a temporary emergency solution (and it was)...

It's time to move forward and we still don't have seen any better proposal that can be implemented sooner than  BAIP2.

Offline 小宁大大

• View Profile
I think we should vote for it.

This BAIP is not perfect, but it can realize its function simply and solve the problem we face partly, it didn't have big problem like BSIP42, when the market price falling, two-day moving average price still will be falling, but just falling slowly, and a quick feed pirce falling can't solve any problem we should realize it.

Feed price is a huge and long term project, the problem of mechanism between feed price and MPA is on the table, it‘s as clear as day, we all need to face it, somebody didn't get it not mean it's not exsit, maintain its original form and do nothing will just make thing more worse.

Maybe we need more and futher improvement in the future, but we must make the first step first, this is just a small step, but is the most hardest step.
agree!

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I agree on the direction of the reform, and thanks a lot to cn-vote for the work they have done.

However, I don't think now everything is ready enough to implement BAIP2 immediately, and BAIP2 is not so urgent at this moment. 

Feed price is key to smartcoin, it is not good to rush at this area when the thing is not urgent, we need more time to solve the debate, to discuss sufficiently and reach strong enough consensus.

and this https://github.com/bitshares/baips/issues/7 also worth checking carefully.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:10:44 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline cn-vote

• View Profile
If you think your solution is more effective, I suggest you open a new BAIP.

He is trying to help you with your BAIP. 

You are rejecting help, ignore facts and attack people with other opinions.

This is a good strategy for communication and writing a proposal ?

I think there may be misunderstandings, I don't mean this.
I mean this BAIP has been voting, so there should be no changes.
I am very grateful for his comments and suggestions.

Offline ljk424

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ljk424
I will support to give it a try.

This BAIP is not perfect, but it can realize its function simply and solve the problem we face partly, it didn't have big problem like BSIP42, when the market price falling, two-day moving average price still will be falling, but just falling slowly, and a quick feed pirce falling can't solve any problem we should realize it.

Feed price is a huge and long term project, the problem of mechanism between feed price and MPA is on the table, it‘s as clear as day, we all need to face it, somebody didn't get it not mean it's not exsit, maintain its original form and do nothing will just make thing more worse.

Maybe we need more and futher improvement in the future, but we must make the first step first, this is just a small step, but is the most hardest step.
猴哥,权力越大,责任越大,你不该再一直置身事外了。大家都关注你的微博,知道你三观正直,希望你作为大佬能和社区站一起,驱邪扶正,让BTS走出泥潭

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I will support to give it a try.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:59:23 am by binggo »

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

This maybe a further improvement to consider, but not now.

The poll is just for vote, we just need to focus on this, why vote it or why not vote it.

If there have different opinions should be talk about in the https://github.com/bitshares/baips/issues/4 or https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/issues/244 or other related post.

Offline bench

Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!