Author Topic: Unconfirmed PTS don't count for the 2/28/14 Snapshot?  (Read 4568 times)

Offline bytemaster

Re: Unconfirmed PTS don't count for the 2/28/14 Snapshot?
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:50:28 pm »
Actually, 1 confirmation is all that is required because confirmations can occur after the snapshot.   If there is a chain re-org then I suppose the snapshot could change, but barring that you are good to go.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 07:09:03 pm »
O.K. Thanks for everyone help.

After 13 Hours I get 1 confirmation, 
then after 4 more hours I get 3 more confirmations,
and now  after 22 Hours the transaction have 15 confirmations.

Everything is fine for me   :D
Checking the TxID in coinplorer,  looks like the delay was because bter didn't pay any transaction fee, and I guess that is the reason because the PTS network take too much time to process it.

Good luck for everyone in this PTS Snapshot.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 05:29:59 pm »
I had my Protoshares at bter.com exchange,  So,  for the snapshot I transfer to my local wallet,  but in my wallet the transaction is unconfirmed.

So, please some could tell me if I am screwed and this protoshares will not count in my wallet for the snapshot?

Has been passed almost 4 Hours and have 0 confirmations.

This is my Wallet, 
PabHpkdhqyQmfLDwK9pEy3w83FsKwB3tXL
and the TxID
690e1c29b85d9f103de3634b812bf4cec55f611dd3a2151caf40f60d1f73c567

By the way,  what time is the snapshot?  GMT ?

Is your wallet currently Online?  How many active connections do you have (lower right)?  If it's your first time using the wallet, you may need to add a couple of nodes.

Yes, my wallet is currently online, i have 8 active connections.

Could you tell me which nodes do you recommend  to add?

There are more people in the exact same situation like me. 
 https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3269.0

Do you think is it possible,  bter exchange is "doing something" to make this transactions "inconsistent" or "faulty" (I don't know how to call it)  with the purpose of holding the protoshares after the Snapshot, and keeping the corresponding  bitshares for them,  and then after that release the protoshares??
I don't know if that is possible but who knows....  ::)   :(   >:(

I am just a newbie trying to figure it out, and trying to get in the train.  :D 

Please,  some one could help us,  maybe contacting bter support?

if it shows up in your transaction list then it was successfully broadcast, but nobody is including it in a block

i thought protoshares had fairly lenient 0 fee rules , but maybe not?    you can check the client and see about priority size.  i always modify mine to not accept free tx, and too lazy to reDL and modify

ed: i just installed new version, it does have free transactions for under 17k.  maybe no new blocks in a while?  no clue.   if they are going slow enough, it might not get in a *block for a while if fee is at 0

if it shows up in listtransactions then that means it was broadcast at least
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:19:25 pm by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 05:22:48 am »
I had my Protoshares at bter.com exchange,  So,  for the snapshot I transfer to my local wallet,  but in my wallet the transaction is unconfirmed.

So, please some could tell me if I am screwed and this protoshares will not count in my wallet for the snapshot?

This is my Wallet, 
and the TxID

Is your wallet currently Online?  How many active connections do you have (lower right)?  If it's your first time using the wallet, you may need to add a couple of nodes.

Yes, my wallet is currently online, i have 8 active connections.

Could you tell me which nodes do you recommend  to add?

There are more people in the exact same situation like me. 
 https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3269.0

Do you think is it possible,  bter exchange is "doing something" to make this transactions "inconsistent" or "faulty" (I don't know how to call it)  with the purpose of holding the protoshares after the Snapshot, and keeping the corresponding  bitshares for them,  and then after that release the protoshares??
I don't know if that is possible but who knows....  ::)   :(   >:(

I am just a newbie trying to figure it out, and trying to get in the train.  :D 

Please,  some one could help us,  maybe contacting bter support? 

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:30:19 am by Yepez »

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:55:23 am »
The snapshot will take place at around 23:59 GMT February 28,2014 8) 8)

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 03:54:26 am »

This is my Wallet, 
and the TxID

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 03:47:22 am »
In my opinion, it will never be part of snapshot. At least 6 confirmations needed to be valid. Any crypto currency that is not being confirmed is garbage.

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
Unconfirmed PTS don't count for the 2/28/14 Snapshot?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 01:02:54 am »

This is my Wallet, 
and the TxID