Author Topic: hold your pts for another 2 days and sell them on 27, price will be up  (Read 5471 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Re: hold your pts for another 2 days and sell them on 27, price will be up
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 04:29:32 am »
I see another downside to AGS because what if your AGS wallet gets hacked.  They get all shares of your future DACS!  I'm investing in PTS because of this.  For a measure of safety.
Only the ags funds would be compromsed, not your stake in future dacs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well it would be a race to see who could load the wallet and transfer the funds in the new DAC to a safe location first, assuming the keys you used to send to AGS were compromised.   

This is a real concern of mine and reason to consider launching a new chain that allows transfer of AGS to safe keys.  I suspect *someone* will do this with or without our blessing and then market participants will have to choose which chain to honor... the tradable version or the original fixed version.

Please do this.

Key security might not be important now when BTS aren't launched but when BTS are going for $100-1000 each this is going to be a massive headache.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:35:26 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 11:40:50 pm »
I see another downside to AGS because what if your AGS wallet gets hacked.  They get all shares of your future DACS!  I'm investing in PTS because of this.  For a measure of safety.

Well it would be a race to see who could load the wallet and transfer the funds in the new DAC to a safe location first, assuming the keys you used to send to AGS were compromised.   

This is a real concern of mine and reason to consider launching a new chain that allows transfer of AGS to safe keys.  I suspect *someone* will do this with or without our blessing and then market participants will have to choose which chain to honor... the tradable version or the original fixed version.

Will future Invictus DACs honor a tradable AGS?  This is an important question that I wouldn't mind answered before the 28th.  A yes to this question would make AGS ridiculously more valuable than PTS at this moment in time.

This is a question that we cannot answer for the following reason:  Invictus will produce software and never launch a DAC that makes any allocation what-so-ever just to keep a clean legal separation between what we are doing and what the users of our software are doing.   We are relying on the market to take our free software and do something great with it that recognizes PTS and AGS for their role in making the software possible.   So *if* someone creates a new DAC that honors AGS and PTS and then suggests that it should be honored rather than the static AGS from July 2014 and *if* people accept that DAC and idea, *then* it will probably result in the outcome you desire.

We have already set the precedent that honoring a DAC that honored AGS and PTS in such a way that someone who held original AGS and didn't sell would still be honored with at least 10% in the child or grand child DAC is perfectly legit.   Anyone holding AGS on the 28th is made liquid on all future BTS X chains.   

In this particular case I will let the market decide and if *you* think it is a good idea then I would recommend promoting it and trying to get community buy in.   I will remain neutral on the issue because anything I say can be perceived as 'changing the deal'. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:39 pm »

Will future Invictus DACs honor a tradable AGS?  This is an important question that I wouldn't mind answered before the 28th.  A yes to this question would make AGS ridiculously more valuable than PTS at this moment in time.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »

there's an AGS wallet? I was under the impression that the PTS private key will be used to redeem AGS, and that AGS is non-transferrable.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 02:44:28 am »

What're the benefits of having a non-tradable coin?  It seems like most AGS holders would like the same flexibility as PTS.

It changes the value proposition between the two coins.  During the first 200 days it also keeps old money from selling into new demand.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 02:41:12 am »

What're the benefits of having a non-tradable coin?  It seems like most AGS holders would like the same flexibility as PTS. 
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 02:15:11 am »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:14 am »

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Pixar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 01:42:50 am »

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:37:26 pm »
what i should to do please ? hold or Buy my pts ??? !! Oo

If you hold PTS, you're guaranteed 1.3 BTS for each PTS and at least 10% allocation of future DACs.
If you use PTS to buy AGS (either directly or selling for BTC first) there's no guarantee about the number of BTS you'll receive since it's dependent on the other daily donations; however, holding AGS prior to Feb 28th currently gives you 3.3 BTS for each AGS.  AGS also gives you at least 10% allocation of future Invictus DACs. 

PTS is more liquid so you can sell PTS at any time whereas AGS is not.  Just depends what you're looking for. 
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline snufkin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »
what i should to do please ? hold or Buy my pts ??? !! Oo

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:48 am »
Why is anyone selling PTS before the 28th?  Converting to BTC and going with AGS?

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:58:22 pm »
Demand will go up these days just like the last couple of days but I wouldn't advise selling them at all. At least don't sell all unless u don't care about your stake in what this is all about.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
hold your pts for another 2 days and sell them on 27, price will be up
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:19:37 pm »
 halving is coming. my 1800cpm rig mined 0.52pts yesterday but only expecting 0.1981pts today according to http://mrx.im/pts.php?cpm=1800.

folks, hold tight your coins for another 2days and dump them on 27, you will get better return by then. halving is in place 4 hours ago
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students