Author Topic: Hi Dan, it is approaching Feb. 28 . Any detail plan for future 3i's DAC chains  (Read 16457 times)

Offline Kyune

• View Profile
We cannot make any promises of allocation; however, we theorize that market forces will conspire to honor recommendations we make even in the extreme case of our team being killed in a plane crash and someone else is left to finish the software.
Could you (or anyone else) explain a little more about the reasoning behind the bolded statement (emphasis added), or point me to a document where you have already explained it?  I'm trying to understand why, in theory, economic forces would enforce this "social contract" even with respect to third-party DACs.  I'm guessing someone has already written about this elsewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2876.0
Thank you.

At first glance I don't fully agree with all the assertions made therein, but the link gives me a good starting point for thinking about it.

Offline bytemaster

We cannot make any promises of allocation; however, we theorize that market forces will conspire to honor recommendations we make even in the extreme case of our team being killed in a plane crash and someone else is left to finish the software.
Could you (or anyone else) explain a little more about the reasoning behind the bolded statement (emphasis added), or point me to a document where you have already explained it?  I'm trying to understand why, in theory, economic forces would enforce this "social contract" even with respect to third-party DACs.  I'm guessing someone has already written about this elsewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2876.0
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Kyune

• View Profile

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
There really is no such thing as an "expert" only people that are pretty knowledgeable and even then it doesn't mean they are always right. Where were all the economic experts who didn't prevent the expansion and implosion of the housing bubble?

This statement carries the underlying assumption that this wasn't an intended goal.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Overthetop

I have found that viewing your life as an epic adventure makes it more fun to live.  So I often view myself as Frodo carrying the Ring of power to be thrown into the fire of decentralization.  We are being fought on all sides by those who would enslave man kind and the all seeing eye is watching our every move.   

Living an epic life is just more fun even if you end up dieing  for the cause. 

+5%

The story of MT.Gox has told us the Ring of power should be thrown into the fire .
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline jae208

• View Profile

Whoa, let's come back to reality. We all have our hopes and dreams for BTS, but comparing Dan and I3 whom haven't released a single product yet to Jobs and Apple is borderline delusional. Why don't we wait a few years before we start comparing things on such a grand scale. You sound juvenile.

Oh yeah, and don't forget, Jobs wasn't the technical mastermind behind Apple. He was the salesman, entrepreneur and vision of Apple.
Well we'll see wont we  ;)
I spend all day analyzing listed companies for a living. This is by far the company with the largest possible upside i've come across.

What are you doing here? It seems you have it figured out. Why don't you sell you analyzing skills with a 100% guarantee since you seem to think you know how to pick winners and losers of the stock market with certainty? I am sure MS, GS or JPM would pay good money for your stock picking skills.

Or wait, you're just full of shit. Just because you spend all day at Edward Jones or wherever you are analyzing something does make you an expert in something else completely not related. As a matter of fact it doesn't even mean you are an expert in the area of what you are analyzing.

There really is no such thing as an "expert" only people that are pretty knowledgeable and even then it doesn't mean they are always right. Where were all the economic experts who didn't prevent the expansion and implosion of the housing bubble?
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important [snipped the rest]

On the contrary, Dan did a great job presenting this. One of the things that attracted me to Invictus is that its stated aims are clear, and its development is done in an open and transparent way. I dont want some slick salesman giving me BS, and this video reminded me exactly why investing in Dan's company was a great thing to do. Also, think of Dan's feelings before you write something offensive again.

+1

Knowing who is behind the product/idea creates trust and is, compared to most competitors, unique in the crypto space. Listening to the one that created and understands the product creates way more trust than a slick guy speaking perfectly without a clue of what he is talking about. Dan is def. a good speaker.
Also much comes from not having endless time on everything. You can see how he read the text from a screeen or something. But consider that there are so many things that have to be done atm. Many of which we are probably not so aware of. So I find it perfectly fine. And being comfortable infront of a camera is a matter of parctice only like public speaking is.

+5% +5% +5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
While explaining to my business partners how BTS,PTS and AGS worked I had to create this infographic to explain it. The infographic on page one inspired me to share mine with the community. There are some differnces in how the X chains are distributed from the first infographic so I am wondering which one is correct. In mine I assumed that BitsharesX/XT would work like a tree, in which BTS -> BTSXI and BTS -> BTSXVI, some clarification would be nice.

fullsize:
http://i.imgur.com/VIJR9iz.jpg

Excellent infographic  +5%
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline bytemaster

Follow the code commit history... if V uses code from I then it should inherit positions from I and not XT.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
While explaining to my business partners how BTS,PTS and AGS worked I had to create this infographic to explain it. The infographic on page one inspired me to share mine with the community. There are some differnces in how the X chains are distributed from the first infographic so I am wondering which one is correct. In mine I assumed that BitsharesX/XT would work like a tree, in which BTS -> BTSXI and BTS -> BTSXVI, some clarification would be nice.

fullsize:

Great info graphic...  we would like to avoid any confusion about Corporations which are legal entities and DACs which are software with no legal standing or definition. 

Second... we are very interested in having the wide spread understanding our role is to produce software, the communities role is to allocate stake and launch the software.   We cannot make any promises of allocation; however, we theorize that market forces will conspire to honor recommendations we make even in the extreme case of our team being killed in a plane crash and someone else is left to finish the software.
I completely understand from a legal point of view what you mean.

My goal was to make business people understand the system in a way they understand. PTS and AGS is not venture capital, but can be thought of as similar rolls that VC would play in getting equity in a corp they invest in. Similarly the DACs don't have products, but people understand that corporations make products and they get equity out of those products.

The invictus inovations section was also never meant to indicate products I3 would release directly just the software and the 50%/50% stake in future software created by i3 that was discussed previously.

Also can you shed some light on how the BTS will be distributed in chains. Is it like the first graphic, where the snapshots are taken from the previous chain:
BTS>BTSXI>BTSXV

or is it more like mine, where all bts chains derive the snapshot from holders of BTSX at the time of genesis:

BTSX
          |
--------|----------
|         |           |
XI      VI         XC
BTSX: wallet_approve_delegate cryptosig
KEYID: wallet_approve_delegate delegate-cryptosig

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I don't think you understand the implications of this technology. Apple and Steve Jobs are a jokes when compared to the utility of this advancement in consensus technology. This isn't about money, this isn't about companies, this is about changing the traditional economic and governing systems through the most immediate and accurate forms of consensus and decision making possible. There is no point in debating this, you simply do not understand enough to engage with on this topic.

Nice logic there! How big of you.

Lets wait a few weeks (maybe a few years) and see what happens when the network jumps from a few beta testers to a mass amount of users if it makes it that far.  You may be right and I hope you are! You are still counting your ducks before they hatch and living amongst the cloud(t)s.

Offline bytemaster

fullsize:

Great info graphic...  we would like to avoid any confusion about Corporations which are legal entities and DACs which are software with no legal standing or definition. 

Second... we are very interested in having the wide spread understanding our role is to produce software, the communities role is to allocate stake and launch the software.   We cannot make any promises of allocation; however, we theorize that market forces will conspire to honor recommendations we make even in the extreme case of our team being killed in a plane crash and someone else is left to finish the software.

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile

fullsize:
BTSX: wallet_approve_delegate cryptosig
KEYID: wallet_approve_delegate delegate-cryptosig

Offline bytemaster

I am flattered by such comparisons as Steve Jobs was always a hero of mine growing up and someone whom I admired.    I am but one man who strives to do his best, but like everyone else is terribly flawed in many ways.   What makes this project a success is the community and the principles we stand for. 

I have found that viewing your life as an epic adventure makes it more fun to live.  So I often view myself as Frodo carrying the Ring of power to be thrown into the fire of decentralization.  We are being fought on all sides by those who would enslave man kind and the all seeing eye is watching our every move.   

Living an epic life is just more fun even if you end up dieing  for the cause. 

So while comparing us to Apple in 2010 is not appropriate,  I do feel that viewing this movement like Apple in the 1970's may be appropriate. 

clout

I don't think you understand the implications of this technology. Apple and Steve Jobs are a jokes when compared to the utility of this advancement in consensus technology. This isn't about money, this isn't about companies, this is about changing the traditional economic and governing systems through the most immediate and accurate forms of consensus and decision making possible. There is no point in debating this, you simply do not understand enough to engage with on this topic.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

I don't see how any of your comments here are warranted. Simply because one person has a different opinion than you does not give you right to lash out at them on a personal or professional level, particularly since we are on a forum and your estimations on his expertise are purely conjectural.

Secondly, if you understood Dan's vision, you'd recognize that is much further reaching than any of Steve Jobs'. The implications of the consensus technology being implemented in bitshares x allows for a restructuring of society as we know it. Look to this post to get a glimpse of what that vision entails:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.msg35523#msg35523

If you do not understand it fully, ask questions rather than casting feckless judgement on concepts that are inherently esoteric in nature.

I'm just trying to bring you guts back to reality. Comparing this company to AAPL is a joke. Comparing Dan to Steve Jobs is a joke.

Secondly, Mrjeans was the one that brought up his occupation and how good he is because he does it all day.

Look, I want this thing to do well too. But I'm not going to sit here and compare I3 to one of the biggest Co.'s in the world or to any company in the S&P 500 for that matter. So far, all they have done is release an Altcoin. So comparing this to anything other than another Altcoin or Altcoin Dev is just ridiculous.

clout

Whoa, let's come back to reality. We all have our hopes and dreams for BTS, but comparing Dan and I3 whom haven't released a single product yet to Jobs and Apple is borderline delusional. Why don't we wait a few years before we start comparing things on such a grand scale. You sound juvenile.

Oh yeah, and don't forget, Jobs wasn't the technical mastermind behind Apple. He was the salesman, entrepreneur and vision of Apple.
I spend all day analyzing listed companies for a living. This is by far the company with the largest possible upside i've come across.

What are you doing here? It seems you have it figured out. Why don't you sell you analyzing skills with a 100% guarantee since you seem to think you know how to pick winners and losers of the stock market with certainty? I am sure MS, GS or JPM would pay good money for your stock picking skills.

Or wait, you're just full of shit. Just because you spend all day at Edward Jones or wherever you are analyzing something does make you an expert in something else completely not related. As a matter of fact it doesn't even mean you are an expert in the area of what you are analyzing.

[/quote]

I don't see how any of your comments here are warranted. Simply because one person has a different opinion than you does not give you right to lash out at them on a personal or professional level, particularly since we are on a forum and your estimations on his expertise are purely conjectural.

Secondly, if you understood Dan's vision, you'd recognize that is much further reaching than any of Steve Jobs'. The implications of the consensus technology being implemented in bitshares x allows for a restructuring of society as we know it. Look to this post to get a glimpse of what that vision entails:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.msg35523#msg35523

If you do not understand it fully, ask questions rather than casting feckless judgement on concepts that are inherently esoteric in nature.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:28:16 pm by newmine »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:57:45 pm by MrJeans »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important [snipped the rest]

On the contrary, Dan did a great job presenting this. One of the things that attracted me to Invictus is that its stated aims are clear, and its development is done in an open and transparent way. I dont want some slick salesman giving me BS, and this video reminded me exactly why investing in Dan's company was a great thing to do. Also, think of Dan's feelings before you write something offensive again.

+1

Knowing who is behind the product/idea creates trust and is, compared to most competitors, unique in the crypto space. Listening to the one that created and understands the product creates way more trust than a slick guy speaking perfectly without a clue of what he is talking about. Dan is def. a good speaker.
Also much comes from not having endless time on everything. You can see how he read the text from a screeen or something. But consider that there are so many things that have to be done atm. Many of which we are probably not so aware of. So I find it perfectly fine. And being comfortable infront of a camera is a matter of parctice only like public speaking is.
If I attend a company presentation and the CEO is not speaking it would looks as if the CEO is not involved or doesnt care enough. I have never attended a presentation yet where the CEO was absent.
Yes having Dan do the presentation creates trust.
If someone else takes over it should be someone else who works for invictus. Perhaps different people can do talk on different sections. But I think Dan should be in at least a part these videos.

I can not agree more. :)

I think of Dan to 3i is just like Jobs to Apple. So ,CEO makes the critical presentations is very well.

Offline CalabiYau

Just a hint: if you place your text in front of the cam you are always looking in the right direction, avoiding this misleading social signal by not looking in the eyes of the spectator. The content presented is awesome - go on!

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile

+1

If I attend a company presentation and the CEO is not speaking it would looks as if the CEO is not involved or doesnt care enough. I have never attended a presentation yet where the CEO was absent.
If someone else takes over it should be someone else who works for invictus. Perhaps different people can do talk on different sections. But I think Dan should be in at least a part these videos.

I think of Dan to 3i is just like Jobs to Apple. So ,CEO makes the critical presentations is very well.
Was thinking exactly the same thing 3I is now what apple was in the 1980s.

Offline Overthetop

+1

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

bitbro

In major US companies a person in the role of president can handle top level outward communication. Obviously a CEO can as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

+1

I must have missed the part where it said this was a board meeting or office conference.

Outside of The Men's Wharehouse CEO/founder, I can't think of any other CEO's out there Marketing their business to the masses. And if you say this wasn't for the masses, then this was a misuse of resources since the community here is pretty keen on the ideas and happenings of I.I.I. And Bitshares

Offline evolvo

This is not a company presentation at a conference...it is a promotional video.  Two vastly different things with different purposes and demographics. 
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline bytemaster

I totally understand...it's not a shot at you.  I've heard you communicate your ideas extremely well in radio interviews as well.  Obviously I believe in your ideas and what you're building here.  These ideas have very powerful implications.  I just think it's worth it, for the sake of the quality of your ideas and those that believe in them, to present them as professionally as possible.  I'm just one person here....but I think it's as objective of a voice as possible.

As an INTJ I appreciate objective :)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile

+1

Offline evolvo

I totally understand...it's not a shot at you.  I've heard you communicate your ideas extremely well in radio interviews as well.  Obviously I believe in your ideas and what you're building here.  These ideas have very powerful implications.  I just think it's worth it, for the sake of the quality of your ideas and those that believe in them, to present them as professionally as possible.  I'm just one person here....but I think it's as objective of a voice as possible.

Offline bytemaster

Groan...thanks for all the strawman arguments.   I never said to get a model to do it....I'm sure there's someone in the company who understands how this all works who is better on camera.  Or hire someone to say the exact same thing as Daniel said but just do it more comfortably.  The fact he is so awkward on camera makes the presentation look extremely unprofessional regardless of the quality of the content.  We are all emotionally and financially invested in these ideas but its important to view this objectively.  We do not need to create a false dichotomy between sleazy salesman and completely awkward.  It would just serve the ideas as well as our emotional and financial investments better to have someone presenting the ideas who doesn't make the vast majority of people feel uncomfortable.  Presentation matters.  Not sleaziness or awkwardness. Just someone more comfortable.

Well I for one do not like being on camera and we have already discussed having someone else do these things.   Unfortunately, I did not have time to re-record things over and over until I got the message just right without reading a script nor did I have time to get anyone else to prepare the message.  This was recorded between 1 AM and 4 AM :)

I am much better at expressing myself in written form.  When I speak my mind gets ahead of my mouth.   

Offline evolvo

Groan...thanks for all the strawman arguments.   I never said to get a model to do it....I'm sure there's someone in the company who understands how this all works who is better on camera.  Or hire someone to say the exact same thing as Daniel said but just do it more comfortably.  The fact he is so awkward on camera makes the presentation look extremely unprofessional regardless of the quality of the content.  We are all emotionally and financially invested in these ideas but its important to view this objectively.  We do not need to create a false dichotomy between sleazy salesman and completely awkward.  It would just serve the ideas as well as our emotional and financial investments better to have someone presenting the ideas who doesn't make the vast majority of people feel uncomfortable.  Presentation matters.  Not sleaziness or awkwardness. Just someone more comfortable. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

+1

38PTSWarrior

For credibility it is super important that bytemaster is doing it. If you put a model there it will be like normal advertisement in TV and no one believes what they say is true right? Bytemaster you have courage, that's awesome.
Yeah I don't think some fake prodent smile person would do any good either. Maybe in a later stage when everything is rolling and the masses should be addressed.

Yes, Drew Barrymore :P

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
For credibility it is super important that bytemaster is doing it. If you put a model there it will be like normal advertisement in TV and no one believes what they say is true right? Bytemaster you have courage, that's awesome.
Yeah I don't think some fake prodent smile person would do any good either. Maybe in a later stage when everything is rolling and the masses should be addressed.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

38PTSWarrior

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important....content is great but presentation is terrible....how hard is it to find someone to present it? You hired a bunch of models for the Miami convention but can't hire someone more comfortable on camera and more charismatic to read this? Something to consider...

Maybe we can get Joe Izuzu...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDK8BYS2d9s
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:50:41 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

Offensive? Really? I believe in Daniel and his ideas.  However he is not the best spokesperson.  He does not appear comfortable on camera and that can make the viewer uncomfortable.  I doubt that Daniel would have his feelings hurts by my comments.  This is not a cult....we are all here because we believe in what 3I are trying to do and we believe in the implications of this technology.  Presentation is important, and while the content is excellent, this presentation was very bad.  We're adults working towards the same goals.  Please don't try to silence legitimate criticism or fight imaginary fights.  Let's move forward together.  Thanks.

Came here to say the same thing. 3I needs better PR and marketing. Only few people know about the product. There should be a far bigger presence of Bitshares in the crypto community.

I don't think pr and marketing is that necessary at this point. First and foremost, what is needed is a viable product. All of I3's "competitors," particularly ethereum, have effectively marketed products that do not exist yet. I think the hype around bitcoin 2.0 projects is absolutely ridiculous as investments in each project are entirely speculative. If fewer ppl know about bitshares throughout the testing phase it may actually be a good thing, as there will be less individuals to deride I3 for any failings. When the PoC becomes a tangible product that is when you market the hell out of it. From an investors standpoint, it is better that people undervalue what invictus is doing since it makes accumulating stake in company cheaper and thereby more profitable in the long run. There is no doubt in my mind that I3 has the best approach to the second wave of blockchain based companies, which is why at this early stage I am glad that ppl have bought into the hype of bitshares' supposed competitors.

True. I have not looked at it from that perspective. I think the video would have been better in an interview form. He is quiet good in interviews. Also I like questions being answered instead of only facts.. and I think most people feel the same..

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offensive? Really? I believe in Daniel and his ideas.  However he is not the best spokesperson.  He does not appear comfortable on camera and that can make the viewer uncomfortable.  I doubt that Daniel would have his feelings hurts by my comments.  This is not a cult....we are all here because we believe in what 3I are trying to do and we believe in the implications of this technology.  Presentation is important, and while the content is excellent, this presentation was very bad.  We're adults working towards the same goals.  Please don't try to silence legitimate criticism or fight imaginary fights.  Let's move forward together.  Thanks.

I'd have to agree. I think that this video could have been done better. Dan is actually a really good spokesperson, but his general demeanor in this video appears uncomfortable. While this video may be suitable for current investors, I do not think that it will serve to attract those that have not heard about I3 or are on the fence about investing in the companies future.

Dan does a good job, but I tend to agree about using a professional speaker/marketer for the more general audience.  This seems like more of a job for the Marketing Director as I'm sure he has much more public speaking experience.  Like was said above, the video is fine for the current investors.  Then again, not coming across as too salesy is a good thing.

clout

Came here to say the same thing. 3I needs better PR and marketing. Only few people know about the product. There should be a far bigger presence of Bitshares in the crypto community.

I don't think pr and marketing is that necessary at this point. First and foremost, what is needed is a viable product. All of I3's "competitors," particularly ethereum, have effectively marketed products that do not exist yet. I think the hype around bitcoin 2.0 projects is absolutely ridiculous as investments in each project are entirely speculative. If fewer ppl know about bitshares throughout the testing phase it may actually be a good thing, as there will be less individuals to deride I3 for any failings. When the PoC becomes a tangible product that is when you market the hell out of it. From an investors standpoint, it is better that people undervalue what invictus is doing since it makes accumulating stake in company cheaper and thereby more profitable in the long run. There is no doubt in my mind that I3 has the best approach to the second wave of blockchain based companies, which is why at this early stage I am glad that ppl have bought into the hype of bitshares' supposed competitors.

clout

I'd have to agree. I think that this video could have been done better. Dan is actually a really good spokesperson, but his general demeanor in this video appears uncomfortable. While this video may be suitable for current investors, I do not think that it will serve to attract those that have not heard about I3 or are on the fence about investing in the companies future.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

Offline betax

• View Profile
Fantastic video, thanks. It seems that all the ideas I have you have had them already and even better!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline evolvo

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline James212

• View Profile
All in all, great job guys. 

Please advise when finished product is available  so we can get this out to people.
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline evolvo

Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important....content is great but presentation is terrible....how hard is it to find someone to present it? You hired a bunch of models for the Miami convention but can't hire someone more comfortable on camera and more charismatic to read this? Something to consider...

Offline WildWex

• View Profile
Here's a sneak peek until we can get it more permanently posted...

http://vimeo.com/user24356268/review/87448377/66716b27fa

Great work guys!

2:12 use the updated picture.

Thank you CLains - per your new image, the video has been updated.   :)
(great infographic BTW!)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

38PTSWarrior

At 05:35 minutes is a typo. "Actions" instead of "Auctions". Great video to show my friends!

Offline bytemaster

Offline onceuponatime

Very good content!

I think you should delay distribution outside this forum until you correct the date below the video from the 23rd to the 28th. Also, I would recommend that Dan read out loud through the script several times before a final take so that his presentation is a little more fluid (great job though - just needs tweaking).

Offline yellowecho

Great video!  FYI, the date on the description says Feb23rd rather than Feb28th.

Since the value of PTS comes from future Invictus developments and not Bitshares after Feb28th, I think everyone in this thread is curious about what is currently planned.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:44:01 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:35:28 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Maxwell

• View Profile

Stan , how soon we can watch the video you mentioned? Can 3I publish them before 2/28? 

many thanks

Dan and Gregory just completed a nice new video on this very subject.
It should be out Real Soon Now.
The same question!

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile

Stan , how soon we can watch the video you mentioned? Can 3I publish them before 2/28? 

many thanks

微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Where can we watch Dan's other videos? IIRC there was supposed to be a blog post from Dan out on Monday.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

clout

There isn't a detailed plan for future DAC's because the I3's main focus is to make sure that its flagship DAC Bitshares X works as proposed. The future of DAC's is not contingent upon I3 specifically. It is encouraged that as people become aware of Bitshares success they begin to develop their own DACs and use the AGS/PTS agreement to springboard the adoption of those future DAC's.

Offline sfinder

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2940.0

He did not provide any details information on future DACs except bitshare products in the post . I would love to learn any new plan for DACs other than bitshare

中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline sfinder

• View Profile
it is approaching Feb. 28 .

Any chance we can go back to the original topic? Would love to hear more details about the DAC's that 3I will develop in the near future? I need to make a decision for if sell all of my pts or keep some of them for future DACs. 

Thanks

How does this effect AGS and PTS?

We will be developing additional blockchains not based upon BitShares X business model.

These chains include:

BitShares DNS
BitShares Bingo
BitShares Music
BitShares Vote

And many others that we have designs for.  In the interest of giving one experiment time to run without competing with yourselves, we are considering focusing on one of these other DACs while the BitShares XT experiment runs before moving ahead with XI, XV, or XC.  We will however encourage others to implement these variants and experiment with them in parallel if they are so inclined
What does this mean for DACs?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:19:16 pm by sfinder »
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。