Author Topic: I suggest to pay the worker payment with “direct debit”!  (Read 2272 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
Speaking as one of the developers on the platform, I always kept my bit assets on the dex as I knew I could keep them safe and rely on the fact that I could always know that 1 btiCNY = 1 CNY or 1 bitUSD = 1 USD worth of BTS. That always made me feel that I could trust the platform of a well funded system.

One thing I missed was the possibility to easily trade these assets on other exchanges, thus bringing bit asset liquidity of the bitshares dex. I felt part of a platform that was growing steadily, and didn't see a reason for worry as there where big ideas and a spirit of new things coming (like Wirex integration, bitUSD on other exchanges etc).

These days I see that I was wrong. I now hold "stable" assets that aren't backed by real value and feel that nothing is done to correct this. If the community felt that paying developers in any other way is better I'm always been open for it, but these discussions have not happened. If we are once again supported to develop the Bitshares reference UI I'm willing to look at arrangements just as sschiessl.

Still hoping for a better future for Bitshares.

If bts was gone short to zero by the rule flaw, then nothing is stable, this is the fact, you didn't want to hold a bitasset like bitgold or bitbtc.

We have the chance to revise something several years ago, but we lost the time, we waste too much.
So workers and bitasset holders deserve to have their holdings devalue instead of debt holders?

This is terrible for future prospective workers, nobody wants their savings cut more than 40% after being paid; this will massively encourage workers to immediately dump their pay for more trustworthy/stable holdings in the future.

Further who would want to put their external savings into bitassets when the underlying contract is no longer legitimate? I'm seriously surprised that competitor stablecoin projects aren't dragging the bitassets rep through the mud over these feed conditions.

Terrible state of affairs.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Speaking as one of the developers on the platform, I always kept my bit assets on the dex as I knew I could keep them safe and rely on the fact that I could always know that 1 btiCNY = 1 CNY or 1 bitUSD = 1 USD worth of BTS. That always made me feel that I could trust the platform of a well funded system.

One thing I missed was the possibility to easily trade these assets on other exchanges, thus bringing bit asset liquidity of the bitshares dex. I felt part of a platform that was growing steadily, and didn't see a reason for worry as there where big ideas and a spirit of new things coming (like Wirex integration, bitUSD on other exchanges etc).

These days I see that I was wrong. I now hold "stable" assets that aren't backed by real value and feel that nothing is done to correct this. If the community felt that paying developers in any other way is better I'm always been open for it, but these discussions have not happened. If we are once again supported to develop the Bitshares reference UI I'm willing to look at arrangements just as sschiessl.

If bts was gone short to zero by the rule flaw, then nothing is stable, this is the fact, you didn't want to hold a bitasset like bitgold or bitbtc.

We have the chance to revise something several years ago, but we lost the time, we waste too much.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:24:38 pm by binggo »

Offline startail

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I found a interest thing with the worker payment,when bbf pay bitcny to somebody, he will quick buy bts with it, and then transfer the bts to binance very very quickly, then dump it to get BTC.

It looks most of the developer didn't want to grab the bts(shitcoin) for one more minute, this is very funny for the bts holder.

So i suggest the worker payment will pay with “direct debit”, when someone finished a worker and want to get the payment, the payer must pay with “direct debit” in 12 weeks, evey week pay:  the total payment/12.

Speaking for the BitShares UI worker, we would be willing to get to an arrangement on how payments are issued, provided it is upvoted again.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
I found a interest thing with the worker payment,when bbf pay bitcny to somebody, he will quick buy bts with it, and then transfer the bts to binance very very quickly, then dump it to get BTC.

It looks most of the developer didn't want to grab the bts(shitcoin) for one more minute, this is very funny for the bts holder.

So i suggest the worker payment will pay with “direct debit”, when someone finished a worker and want to get the payment, the payer must pay with “direct debit” in 12 weeks, evey week pay:  the total payment/12.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:22:15 pm by binggo »