Author Topic: BTS VS OTHER DEX PART 2  (Read 1134 times)

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
In this comparison, I am going look at BTS DEX usability, governance features (voting, asset creation and management), P2P trustless capabilities, margin trading, plus trustless proposal contracts, and overall user experience compared to top DEXs with almost similar features.

1. Binance DEX
In terms of user interface experience it uses a standard website i.e server, there is no need to connect to proxies like BTS. The login process is also via multiple methods, web wallet/cloud wallet, memionic phrase/brain key and a keystore style/ .bin file like in BTS. the login interface is always easy to understand. the traading platform is also easy to understand, and it currently boasts about 120 pairs, however it appears to be a bit centralised as it does not have the governance features of BTS as well as P2P trustless trading capabilities of BTS, also no margin trades on the DEX for now.

2. Steller DEX
Suprisingly they have been around for some time now. With almost similar features like BTS although it also uses standard websites, but unlike binance, stellar has multiple web platforms, they also have a mobile app on playstore making it even easier to use. Stellar uses only one method for login i.e secret key so its a bit risky for phising schemes care has to be taken when using the account, I also noticed that in order to activate the wallet i.e trade, and perform tasks you must deposit 5XLM coins. th trading platform is easy to understand, and each stellar tokens represent a gateway from which you can buy and sell directly with fiat. They also support P2P and OTC websites that give easy access to XLM.
Despite all these they are also slightly centralised as they do not have governance features like BTS and they perform optional KYC.

3. Waves DEX
Finally Waves DEX, very popular too, the user interface is also great and has been improved upon recently, access to wallet is only via one website however unlike the initial two DEXs it appears to have a proxy system (not entirely sure). The login process is via one method a passphrase however it is much safer to use due to the nature of the password. One great feature of the Waves platform is the ease with which coins can be created, much cheaper than the other DEXs and the tokens can be traded immediately after issuance against any trading pair, they also have a gateway system for deposits and withdrawal of major coins like BTC and ETH, plus they encourage staking of the native token (Waves) unlike BTS, despite this it does not have a trustless P2P system like BTS and user influence is only on the assests he/she has created, he has no influence on the governace system of waves.