Author Topic: PTS WITHDRAWAL PROBLEMS AT CRYPTSY AND BTS REWARD CONCERNS  (Read 3937 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I've been waiting for a PTS withdrawal from Cryptsy since last night, over 12 hours. There is no legitimate reason for a financial institution not to immediately return customer funds upon request. This smacks of the exchange using float to finance its own operations and profiting from trading using customer funds or making a spread by delaying the withdrawal while buying the coins at a lower price during the delay.

It is also a big red flag that the institution is insolvent.

+5% 

I hope they are solvent, I have one Hobonickel on there that I don't want to lose.  Its up about 50%.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline td services

• View Profile
I've been waiting for a PTS withdrawal from Cryptsy since last night, over 12 hours. There is no legitimate reason for a financial institution not to immediately return customer funds upon request. This smacks of the exchange using float to finance its own operations and profiting from trading using customer funds or making a spread by delaying the withdrawal while buying the coins at a lower price during the delay.

It is also a big red flag that the institution is insolvent.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:17:42 pm by td services »

Offline tbear

• View Profile
I'm having so much trouble getting transfers out , 2 weeks now, from them that  someday when they allow me to transfer my btc out, i'm closing my account. IMO, I would do the same.  >:(

Offline bytemaster

IMO these exchanges aught to start acting a lot like brokerages if they don't want the regulators and police to put them out of business. I have never heard of a brokerage that keeps customer dividends or exercises warrants for the brokers gain.
To be fair, until the launch of PTS, MemoryCoin 2.0, and a few others the concept of one chain giving you a balance on a new chain was entirely new and foreign.  I think the exchanges should be cut some slack as these concepts are very new and unproven. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
IMO these exchanges aught to start acting a lot like brokerages if they don't want the regulators and police to put them out of business. I have never heard of a brokerage that keeps customer dividends or exercises warrants for the brokers gain.
BTSX: wallet_approve_delegate cryptosig
KEYID: wallet_approve_delegate delegate-cryptosig

Offline bytemaster

We have successfully withdrawn PTS from Cryptsy as well.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
Thank you so much for your concern and advice. All my PTS arrived safe and sound in my wallet last night.  :)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
One friend from Chinese board also reported that he withdrew some pts from cryptsy on Feb 20th, and still pending now...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3149.0

Anyway, I wish you good luck. And if you really want to buy and sell pts around the snapshot time, maybe you can go to bter.com, they promise that they will give the BTS back even you keep your pts on their platform.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
i just went to withdraw 150 more and i had to correct, get this, a negative balance of ColossusCoin (COL) i had  -.00000238

so i had to rebuy them. however i needed LTC to rebuy them and i only had BTC. i had to buy minimum .01 LTC with my BTC then i had to buy minimum 1000 COL just to bring my balance to positive.

im just hoping the withdrawals go through now

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
YES i clicked that and clicked the corresponding link sent to my email to confirm the withdrawal.

Currency                           Send to Address                                  Amount          Conf        Request Date
ProtoShares   Pk5RSTqK5Qjz98yX13C7Qa4sgoyvhEKLtu   1.01000000 PTS   Yes    2014-02-24 18:34:08
Pending

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
did you click the confirmation link in your email or disable that option?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
I'm trying my best to push them and letting them know the urgency but I'm getting no response. I'm very hesitant to withdraw the bulk now knowing that i might lose twice; not being able to sell at a probable high and not being able to be rewarded the BTS.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
It's very risky to wait until the last minute to tranfer you fund, Cryptsy will get all the BTS if the fund transfer is pending... You have to push them to process your case as soon as possible.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
I attempted to withdraw (1) Protoshare(PTS) from Cryptsy yesterday: 2014-02-24 18:34:08

It is still pending. I created a support ticket yesterday and added to it today and have gotten no response.

My question is: Knowing that all my PTS must be in my wallet by the last block in February, GMT, What happens or who would get my approx 1.33 Bitshares(BTS) if mine are either still pending at Cryptsy or somehow still "in-transit"?

If Cryptsy is rewarded them, Is or may Cryptsy be liable to reward me the BTS if they receive them while my PTS are pending or "in-transit"?

I was planning on withdrawing 100+ PTS and waiting to sell more in the event that the price soars just prior to the last block in February, GMT.