Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] 2020 Core Development (Part 1/2)  (Read 13808 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I think it's too early to discuss the part 2 right now. Things can change a lot in 6 months. If part 1 worked well, we may start discussing part 2.

Got it.

Development for BSIP 64: Operational HTLC preimage length, HASH160 addition, and memo field (up to 12 hours)
Development for BSIP 69: Additional Assert Predicates (up to 25 hours)
Development for BSIP 74: Margin Call Fee Ratio (up to 60 hours)
Development for BSIP 77: Require Higher CR When Creating/Adjusting Debt Positions (up to 80 hours)
Development for BSIP 86: Share market fee to the network (up to 60 hours)

If we can make a small Mainnet Release for these BSIPs asap? in the next two months?
If to add features into 4.0.0 (and postpone the release date), I'd like to have "BSIP 85 Maker Order Creation Fee Discount" in it, since it's important to increase chain income.

Also "BSIP 87: Force Settlement Fee Ratio".

In addition, if to attract gateways building businesses on top of the chain, "BSIP 81 Simple Maker-Taker Market Fees" would be helpful.

Each of these changes is relatively small. However, more BSIPs means more development work and more time is needed.

First step would be to get them voted in. Please keep in mind that 1.14.158 - threshold-bsip is yet to be established, and at least I don't see it as the threshold for BSIPs as approved by BTS holders. If you do see it as the active threshold for BSIPs, please explain why.
I mean to include them if they're voted in.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Spend little time, get a big influence.

I think what we need most now is change the trading method of market, which will take a big influence to the bitasset.
I don't understand.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Spend little time, get a big influence.

I think what we need most now is change the trading method of market, which will take a big influence to the bitasset.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I think it's too early to discuss the part 2 right now. Things can change a lot in 6 months. If part 1 worked well, we may start discussing part 2.

Got it.

Development for BSIP 64: Operational HTLC preimage length, HASH160 addition, and memo field (up to 12 hours)
Development for BSIP 77: Require Higher CR When Creating/Adjusting Debt Positions (up to 80 hours)

If we can make a small Mainnet Release for these BSIPs asap? in the next two months?
If to add features into 4.0.0 (and postpone the release date), I'd like to have "BSIP 85 Maker Order Creation Fee Discount" in it, since it's important to increase chain income.

In addition, if to attract gateways building businesses on top of the chain, "BSIP 81 Simple Maker-Taker Market Fees" would be helpful.

Each of these changes is relatively small. However, more BSIPs means more development work and more time is needed.

First step would be to get them voted in. Please keep in mind that 1.14.158 - threshold-bsip is yet to be established, and at least I don't see it as the threshold for BSIPs as approved by BTS holders. If you do see it as the active threshold for BSIPs, please explain why.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Got it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Fully support this plan for Phase I of Core Development.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Wait part two.

2020 core worker = 1 year has 12 months.

Part 1 = 6 months worker.

Read the worker PLEASE before commenting.

Chee®s

OK,  Part 2=4 months worker.

Will it be 4 months or 6 months and end in February 2021, as long as it's starts in 2020 its part of 2020 worker. Idea is to do Part 1 before we even start discussing Part 2. :)

Got it.

Even I love the idea of having 64, 77 and 86 asap as tomorrow - unfortunately the answer is no.

Why ?

1) Process, development structure and corporate execution/deliveries are a must. Randomness will not be allowed
       a) If you take a close look at the worker roadmap you'll notice there is suddenly 60-80 hours for Mainnet 4.0 Release that was scheduled for November 2019. After careful review, release is not fully prepared and first 7-10 days of worker will be going to that release. 3 Core devs has total availability for that period is 130 hours and we have to give it some testing. Abit will be more utilizing hours on Audit than on coding if we want to keep some process.
       b) there is no such thing as "asap Mainnet release" and it never was unless fix takes 1-5 hours and usually it's halt of the blockchain. Each development has to be implemented on the testnet upon delivery and tested for minimum period of 25-30 days prior to mainnet release. This worker has no budget or plan to change to process for 2 release as it states clearly little bit below under the section called "New Schedule for Releases". First sentence and current schedule pretty much confirms explanation.
       c) To avoid another a) in this worker - each dev will be assigned to BSIP's if worker becomes active. Their deliveries will be reflected through available hours we defined per each team member against ETA's on BSIP's/task being assigned to.

Bitshares Chinese Forum
https://dpos.club

China block some web sites including Github. Users from China even have difficulty to post a reply in this forum.

Much appreciated for link. Yeah, I completely lost though of GitHub with China GFW. Apologies will update the links in a moment.

BSIP 70: P2P Lending (up to 400 hours)
I like this .We need new DEFI application scenario for spreading.

Idea is yes, to not just satisfy holders but also to actually bring benefits and profits to the protocol as well.

BSIP64,69,70,80,85 haven't got a higher than BSIP-Threshold voting power, I don't think it's appropriate to include them.

and in my view some of them need more discussion, maybe it's better to put them into next part after voting up.

I'll quote important part of worker then ill explain myself

Quote: "This worker's agreement is crafted as a middle path between the desires of BTS core token holders, priorities for the blockchain and technology, as well as availability of core development team."

Explanation:
- Worker is crafted as balanced offer between holder's desires and necessities for the blockchain as protocol/tech to gain more visibility, profits and power in the real world outside our private interests.
- Worker includes needed amount of hours for documentation, BSIP's and discussions as well as delivery of each at the lower rate.
- Worker defines they will be delivered and released will be only the ones voted in. This is a development offer that satisfy both sides. What will be released its up to holders. What will be developed is result of holders desire and market demand.

If holders have issue with above terms it will certainly become a problem, since the terms are more fair than ever to the both BLOCKCHAIN and HOLDERS itself.

Now I've been hearing how bitassets are irrelevant and obsolete but i still see few BSIP's related to their mechanics and terms of use, so to stop pretending - let's just make a compensation and think about blockchain as well for once.

Chee®s
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:24:37 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
BSIP64,69,70,80,85 haven't got a higher than BSIP-Threshold voting power, I don't think it's appropriate to include them.

and in my view some of them need more discussion, maybe it's better to put them into next part after voting up.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 07:37:27 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
BSIP 70: P2P Lending (up to 400 hours)
I like this .We need new DEFI application scenario for spreading.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Bitshares Chinese Forum
https://dpos.club

China block some web sites including Github. Users from China even have difficulty to post a reply in this forum.
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline bench

Got it.

I like the idea.
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Got it.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Wait part two.

2020 core worker = 1 year has 12 months.

Part 1 = 6 months worker.

Read the worker PLEASE before commenting.

Chee®s

OK,  Part 2=4 months worker.