Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Bitshares UI, 2020 (6 months)  (Read 9781 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Complaints on white screen issue seem to be increasing, tied to greater number of offline nodes.

Maintenance would be needed urgently

Offline apasia.tech

Support! May the BitShares UI go to new strengths with this refined budget, and full focus on essential development.
Ross Walker - Founder @ apasia.tech
AP Asia Tech Co., LTD.  TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 14/11 Floraville Complex 2, Pattanakarn Soi 51, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand.

Offline startail

Thanks Digital Lucifer, and thanks for all your input and suggestions.
Looking forward in making new improvements and enhancements to the bitshares ecosystem together :)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Worker is now posted on chain with worker ID 1.14.256.

Public accounting is available as always

Personally supported.

BEOS support since 1 hour ago.

Thanks for all compromises made, time and effort you spent on preparing this worker and dealing with me through it. Good luck to all the teams in upcoming workers and deliveries.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline startail

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
I generally support the new UI worker and the team behind it, however I do have one concern:

Something I would like to see, in addition to the offering, is added budget for 6 month commitment - beyond the contract period - for a single developer to perform code review ONLY on community submitted PR's.  This would be only for continuity's sake; in the event that there is another lapse in full "UI dev team" funding.   

Those with control of the github repo generally slow down and do nothing unless they are being funded; which is understandable as they are not paid.  However, that inaction drags down any ability for pro bono work to continue.   Then since there is no pro bono work... we must fund the new "dev team" ...or get nothing.   That negative feedback loop is frustrating and invokes a sense of conflict of interest.

It is untenable to have a buggy UI representing Bitshares with pull requests open by the public in the time lapsing between funding efforts.

I support this worker, but I also support a "no lapse community code review" addendum.

Love the idea, but would be creating it as separate worker with limit-budget every 6 months.

If the regular UI is not voted in that one can always serve as a replacement to keep UI up-to-date for community efforts and releases.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline litepresence

I generally support the new UI worker and the team behind it, however I do have one concern:

Something I would like to see, in addition to the offering, is added budget for 6 month commitment - beyond the contract period - for a single developer to perform code review ONLY on community submitted PR's.  This would be only for continuity's sake; in the event that there is another lapse in full "UI dev team" funding.   

Those with control of the github repo generally slow down and do nothing unless they are being funded; which is understandable as they are not paid.  However, that inaction drags down any ability for pro bono work to continue.   Then since there is no pro bono work... we must fund the new "dev team" ...or get nothing.   That negative feedback loop is frustrating and invokes a sense of conflict of interest.

It is untenable to have a buggy UI representing Bitshares with pull requests open by the public in the time lapsing between funding efforts.

I support this worker, but I also support a "no lapse community code review" addendum.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:32:12 pm by litepresence »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Personally was involved in draft overview for this worker through period of last 4 months while team was collaborating and crafting it accordingly to the blockchain/user needs and tighter worker rules by holders made in 2019:

- lower hourly rates
- more specific/detailed roadmap
- clear focus
- BTS payouts with choice of currency
- 6 months period.

Now, to not be confused, worker is asking for mere 107k USD as a MAX budget for 6 months. There is no lower than this, and its even lower than BTSPP worker.

Even though BTSPP is doing amazing job as a mobile trading app for the blockchain, its far from demo showcase for all our blockchain utilities and it doesn't support desktop version.

Holders, please reconsider your actions and vote on this much needed worker.

As a worker supporter, mini-proxy and core liaison - Supported!

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline startail

The team from last years worker of the Bitshares UI are happy to present a new worker proposal for 2020.

Read the full proposal here

The decreased price have made us reform this years worker much compared to last years.

To just name a few (read the full proposal for a better understanding)
  • There is no travel expenses for attending events
  • A decreased time in administration to focus on development
  • An agreed upon committed development time by each developer
  • A three part roadmap for the period of the worker
  • A decreased time period, only 6 months

With this post we, the entire team, seeks the community feedback and support.

Regards Magnus
Assigned team leader

What is the intention of the BitShares UI?

The BitShares UI is often called the Reference UI. And it seeks to be exactly that: A reference that seeks to showcase any and all features that the BitShares Blockchain offers. Easily onboarded, forked and branded. The idea is that gateways or business have an easy entry-point and to be able to give them sample code on how to interact with the blockchain. The idea was not to provide a simple, slick, use-case targeted UI for depicted target groups like traders.

Anyone should be able to get a grasp on the feature set while being able to quickly try things out. The user experience is of course always one key driver for development of the BitShares UI, but it will never be as simply or focused as a tailored UI with a specific use-case in mind.