Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Bitshares UI, 2020 (6 months)  (Read 9780 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
Did have any new update for new version?
The UI worker proposal was not activated, so no funding has been committed to further UI development to the benefit of hackers. Why would you think it's in development without funding?

Seems cn-vote control the fund,but they can get money with other way… the income of wittness and MM.
Make money another way then donate their time for UI development? That's simply not realistic. Pay for UI development if you want it.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
The UI worker proposal was not activated, so no funding has been committed to further UI development to the benefit of hackers. Why would you think it's in development without funding?

Seems cn-vote control the fund,but they can get money with other way… the income of wittness and MM.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:23:08 am by binggo »

Offline R

• View Profile

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
UI team more like self oriented (Pay me and I fix any small random bugs and develop some new features from Core) and BTS++ team more focus on community need(Features that highly demanded now and Bugs that blocking users having good user experience). If UI team fail to learn from BTS++ team, then nothing will change.

The approach from BTS++ team and UI team was/is quite different. BTS++ does private discussions and management to define what they do next. Advantage is that they seek proactive feedback (and also get it because they are included in chinese community), disadvantage is that there is no transparency whatsoever to the outsider (not even I would know where to look).

The UI team has done everything managed publicly through the GitHub repository (https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui). The advantage is full transparency and accountability, and also a public well-defined development cycle. The disadvantage is that it was expected that the community gives feedback by opening an issue in the repository (it was always open for all, anything that I have seen I have created an issue mostly myself).

In that sense, BTS++ collects private feedback proactively, and UI team collects public feedback passive (proactive for anything that I saw). So in that sense I strongly disagree with your statement I quoted above, especially since the current worker proposal addresses your concerns.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Nobody like to pay for something without knowing the price and actual product/result. If someone create a worker proposal say Make Bitshares Great Again with 1 Million BTS/Day, who want to vote for it?

UI team more like self oriented (Pay me and I fix any small random bugs and develop some new features from Core) and BTS++ team more focus on community need(Features that highly demanded now and Bugs that blocking users having good user experience). If UI team fail to learn from BTS++ team, then nothing will change.

Oh,CN-VOTE will vote for it if someone create a worker proposal say Make Bitshares Great Again with 1 Million BTS/Day,they have voted fulltime what and MM?

If BTS++ was so suitable, why BTS++ didn't charge the UI team? I think BTS++ can develop app and UI together.

If the community want a big change for UI? en, pay the money!

There have several UI teams in the past,but seems the community didn't fund enough money to finish the development.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:25:18 pm by binggo »

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile
Any estimates how much it would cost to just get the most urgent done ?

Depends how you define urgent. Node connectivity seems to be a prominent issue.

The concern is UI team fail to identify what need to be done and how much the budget.

The Core worker have list down what need to be done and maximum hours for each BSIPs.

Quite different situation. Please read the UI worker proposal, intention is laid out there.

Core is following BSIPs, second step is to make UI compatible to the changes / new features of core 4.0

Nobody like to pay for something without knowing the price and actual product/result. If someone create a worker proposal say Make Bitshares Great Again with 1 Million BTS/Day, who want to vote for it?

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile

The concern is UI team fail to identify what need to be done and how much the budget.

The Core worker have list down what need to be done and maximum hours for each BSIPs.

Quite different situation. Please read the UI worker proposal, intention is laid out there.

Core is following BSIPs, second step is to make UI compatible to the changes / new features of core 4.0

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

Offline bench

What are currently the most urgent updates bitshares UI need ?

I would say bug fixes, auto reconnect and UX refinements.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:12:52 pm by bench »
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
What are currently the most urgent updates bitshares UI need ?

Offline startail

The bitshares-ui repository on Github has received many new issue reports since the project was left out of funds last year.
Maintenance of the UI is urgently needed.

Unfortunately the worker still lacks support for funding, and no major work will take place until then.