Author Topic: The need for BTS to license bridge exchanges  (Read 1179 times)

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
From my understanding, bridge exchanges are semi-centralized exchanges that make use of bitshares graphene technology, they are semi-centralized because the UIAs are created on the bitshares chain/network. Aside this advantage they have the features of other centralised exchanges and the owners can bail out with user funds at any time and because owning their UIAs is dependent on trust, thus even though the BTS chain is fully decentralized and trustless, it relies on these bridge exchanges which requires trust for liquidity and more functionality i.e ability to trade other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, ethereum etc. Unlike traditional CEX I think more should be done to licence or legalize these bridge exchanges, I mean most of the top exchanges like coinbase, binance, etc have some form of licence and legal framework with which they operate. For bitshares to attract more users it has to have some form of licence or legal framework or policy guiding the use of it's technology, this will also ensure to some extent the safety of users who entrust their funds to bridges, as well as improve the quality of exchanges that run on the bitshares network. There would also be improved accountability on the bridges. There's even nothing wrong in having licensed exchanges like binance and coinbase building a DEX on the bitshares network.