Author Topic: Would a new bitshares chain devalue the bitshares XT chain?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline bytemaster

The launching of alternative BitShares X chains will be a known possibility and thus if there are 100 potential chains to launch, then the snapshot of ONE of them would only affect the price by 1%.   

Few would both bidding up BitShares X just because of a single snapshot as these would already be priced in.  Furthermore, you can always BUY into the new chain after launch if it looks successful. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Meaning, it would devalue it but slowly over time as it looked more promising and not sharply in response to a snapshot date. Especially when there are cross-referential chains
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I think that because a BitUSD is ~1 USD no matter which chain it is on there can be a good amount of price discovery for the new chains before it even launches. You know how many people want a snapshot of both at a premium versus people who have no preference, this is a lot of information
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline graffenwalder

Let's say that once bitshares XT is up and running without the need for a reset. And at a certain point it would be stable at $100. Then a new chain with new bit assets would be announced, with a certain snapshot date. In the run up to the snapshot date, the price of BTS would go up to $200. Because BTS XT would give a share in the new chain. After the snapshot date BTS XT would drop just like PTS probably will.

Would it make sense that BTS will stabilize under the original $100 price?
Because  BTSXT=BTSXT+ BTS 2nd chain + 3th chain etc.....
And after that the above - the 2nd chain.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:43:25 pm by Graffenwalder »