Author Topic: Having a problem creating wallet backup for OL DEX shutdown.  (Read 1729 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Do you have the .bin file, wallet private key, Or Brainkey? The private key is a long string of characters that starts with P, While the Brainkey is a series of random words, and the .bin file is stored on the device you used to register your open ledger account, those are the only ways to assess your account
To be clear, the string starts with P is not the private key, but is a password for regenerating the private key. It is only used for "account mode" or "cloud wallet mode".
On the other hand, the .bin file and brain key, is only for "wallet mode", "local wallet mode" or "key-file mode".
Mixing the two modes usually leads to lose of keys and lose of possibility to access the account.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
Do you have the .bin file, wallet private key, Or Brainkey? The private key is a long string of characters that starts with P, While the Brainkey is a series of random words, and the .bin file is stored on the device you used to register your open ledger account, those are the only ways to assess your account
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:31:48 am by chigbolu »

Offline Bear

• View Profile
Hi Everybody

I got an email from support with the following text:

<begin quote>

Hello OL DEX OPEN asset holder,

On behalf of OpenLedger ApS, I would like to first say how sorry I am for the situation, it is however the way it is and it is my aim to solve this matter soonest possible to the satisfaction of all parties involved.

First we would like to confirm your email and contact details have been received, your account has been checked and OPEN assets amount has been entered into our files for further use in future.

We are able to confirm that the amount listed as OPEN assets will be refunded in full as the respective value on external blockchains. Time for this settlement is expected to take place within the next 6-12 months, any exact time we are not able to disclose at least for the time being.

In order to settle the amount in question we will need you to be ready to pass KYC, more details about this process will be told soon.

Very important! make sure to have access to your account with the respective assets and create a wallet backup.

1) Very important!

Make sure to have access to your account with the respective assets and create a wallet backup (instruction is here https://openledger.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/33000227379-how-do-i-back-up-a-existing-wallet-).
Once you have created the wallet backup, you need then to import to wallet.bitshares.org, because the openledger.io (the OL dex official website) web-client access will be turned off shortly and then redirected to the
bitshares.org website.

<end quote>

Now (I think that) I don't have a openledger account per se. I've always used the https://wallet.bitshares.org to access my account and buy/store assets.

So does this mean that I don't have to create a wallet backup? Thus I only have to complete stage 2 i.e.:

<begin quote>

2) Send 1 BTS to confirm ownership but also to acknowledge to have read this e-mail!

<end quote>

tia

Bear