Author Topic: Cn-vote's statement on version 4.0 Upgrade -- to all witne公会关于4.0版本升级的声明——致所有见证人  (Read 40166 times)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I am not sure to understand the point of this patch...

I would understand it if it was a total reversal of the latest voting rules/changes, but from what I saw and from other analyses, it is not. Most of the "concerning" changes are still there, so I don't really see the point in setting up a second node to support that fork.

There is still time to set it up, so if anyone would like to enlighten me, I could change my mind.

As for now, my main witness node and API server will not run the patch.

You do nothing diffrent than on steem where witnesses hijacked steem which many proxies where against.
There you had at least the support of the community.
Here you have no support.

You installed knowingly malcious code and were silent about it.You did it with full intention.You broke once again rules and protocol as witness.

CN-Vote is not going to fork out of bitshares.
We have the majority of votes and also majority of community behind us even in foreign community.

Anyone supporting malcious code of Abit with the poor explanation it is the legit one won't receive votes from majority of proxies anymore.

You did wrong and want to force as a small minority the majority to accept your point of view by creating fud and fear.
The next attempt to disable witness voting because you couldn't even receive enough support when changing in a hidden agenda shows clearly what bad actors you are who doesn't care about consent at all.
Wasn't it you personly on telegram chat who asked cn-vote for supporting you as witness with the explanation you will always follow consensus based on voting ?
Seems your words are worth nothing.

We don't accept it and i will be very clear i see no bigger proxy supporting it other than beos,bitcrab,abit.

And if you don't understand the patch i recommend reading the forum.There is an explanation from me and cn-vote that reversal of code needs more work so the easiest way was to change parameters only to not change compatibility.

liondani witness will not install the cn-vote's patch.

Could you please tell what infra you provided as witness other than a VPS and where you activly where participating in bitshares ?
Cause in committee you glanced with total  absence over the last 1 1/2 years

You were also one of the known steem witnesses who fucked up ?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 08:20:19 pm by Thul3 »

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
I am not sure to understand the point of this patch...

I would understand it if it was a total reversal of the latest voting rules/changes, but from what I saw and from other analyses, it is not. Most of the "concerning" changes are still there, so I don't really see the point in setting up a second node to support that fork.

There is still time to set it up, so if anyone would like to enlighten me, I could change my mind.

As for now, my main witness node and API server will not run the patch.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline zhouxiaobao

Offline pluswave

见证人可以分为4类:

1. 所有出块节点打了cn-vote补丁。
2. 所有出块节点没打cn-vote补丁。
3. 有些打了补丁,有些没打。活跃的出块节点打了补丁。
4. 有些打了补丁,有些没打。活跃的出块节点没打补丁。

分叉时间(北京时间8月20日晚上9:55),
A. 如果所有活跃的见证人处于1和3,那么区块链将有一次协议升级;
B. 如果所有活跃的见证人处于2和4,那么什么都不会发生;
C. 如果50%处于1和3, 那么?
C. 如果80%处于1和3, 那么?
E. 如果80%处于2和4, 那么?

但是API节点并没有升级,如果区处于A,那么所有没打补丁的API节点将会挂掉。

以上英文版本在这里:

English translation of above paragraphs is here.
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/2239#issuecomment-674463527

希望各个见证人声明自己的序号,尤其是3和4,区别很大。 出于网络稳定性考虑,magicwallet.witness 将变成第4类。
blog: https://blog.xiaofuxing.name
org: https://www.magicwallet.io
Please vote for magicwallet.witness !

Offline 小宁大大

• View Profile
巨蟹这件事还是看得透彻的。但是肯定还是得挨骂..      按照工会的补丁继续折腾..牛市都过了..... 另外工会哪几个所谓核心人士,请问打补丁这个事 有跟工会成员讨论/投票吗?   几亿票就是你们几个人的就对了!!! :) :)        不支持打补丁的见证人倒是也可以进来说一声,方便大家投票。

韭菜的心声 谁能让价格涨  我们就支持谁...................
公会的任何决定都是经过投票的,请了解清楚再来喷!

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline zhaomu

• View Profile
delegate-zhaomu 会运行一个打了cn-vote补丁的见证人节点,以保证网络稳定为优先。

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I didn't choosed i follow protocol/rules even i disagree that BEOS/DL is the smaller evil.

I can't demand from others to act according to protocol and consensus and support at the same time a clear cheat caused by one of the main cheater on bitshares just because it may fit me.

Let's do it the right way.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
There are more good old longterm witnesses who provided first class infra who have been replaced by bitcrab/abit and beos to add witnesses who provide a simple VPS only and don't even participate in bitshares at all.

I don't think so,this is not the fault of bitcrab/abit and beos, after CN-VOTE created, the big Proxy is not bitcrab/abit anymore,the big Proxy is CN-VOTE, even beos still support the most number witness, face the date and the true.

https://bts.ai/voting_report

BEOS did clearly inside deals nobody can deny.Or do you belive 2 witnesses from BEOS receive at the same time support when
two chinese reiceives from beos ?

4 new committee members in single hour.
BEOS supporting cn-vote members and cn-vote supporting BEOS members.

I did some digging about that voting and you can basicly say majority of cn-vote members don't know why they support liondani and evangelist who haven't been active a single time in 1 1/2 years.

Who did the inside deals i can only guess from past experience of proposals i received which i always rejected.
What is very clear is that BEOS has a very good relationship with Jademont and DL

DL is now the new director of BEOS.

If you blame CN-Vote for supporting the shitty workers or blocking then i need to tell you without the help of BEOS they would not be able to do so.
Restoring bitcny price feed was rejected from BEOS with the argumentation people can get hurt (bitcrab didn't wanted it at that time)
Today they attack cn-vote for blocking to restore pegg and claim to instantly restore pegg.
Now they have no more issue of people getting hurt when average CR got very lower ?

I know CN-Vote and i know BEOS.

BEOS is far worse than CN-Vote and together with Abit and DL it is a total mess.
Centralization and dictorship pure.

Most people agree on that.

It's easier to find consent with cn-vote than being under BEOS.

Also the attack of Abit and DL fudding that CN-Vote is forking and should leave bitshares is something i can't accept at all.
Today its cn-vote because you don't like their voting and tomorrow its me because they don't like my voice.

Abit already muted all critical foreigners using his bot which he refuses to disable even when asked from all other admins.

Another question is who is causing the big corruption on bitshares?
Is it cn-vote ?IMO and many others its not cn-vote but Abit/Bitcrab/Jademont and BEOS.
Each other supporting themself makes such a corruption we have in committee first possible.
I'm 4 years now in bitshares and never saw such a big corruption we got today.And its mainly caused by these people and that won't change just because you switch vp from cn-vote to beos which is already supporting that corruption.

Abit and Bitcrab are trying to switch vp because they lost their influence in cn-vote who got tired of their permanent ignorance.

I talked a lot with CN-Vote and they expresses me their bad feelings that Abit is not listeing to their opinions but basicly acts based on his own personal opinion (or bitcrab) .
Tell me who opened a BAIP instead of normal worker ?
Who refuses to execute community will?
Who changes rules for its own favour like gdex ?

So claiming that the new voting system is needed to change when the most corrupt people stay is just a simple lie.
Changing power from bad voters to corruption supporters is no solution at all.

DON'T SAY YOU KNOW CN-VOTE AND KNOW WHAT CN-VOTE IS AGAIN, even BEOS, I'm a chinese,i'm one member of CN-VOTE before, i'm clearly know what the CN-VOTE is, and what CN-VOTE did, i know most of them is who, you say you know more about CN-VOTE,  that puts me to shame.

All the things you said i know more clearly than you, and you should know why, i even didn't need to do any research.

they expresses me their bad feelings that Abit is not listeing to their opinions but basicly acts based on his own personal opinion (or bitcrab) .

What they expressesd is nothing, if they really feel bad, then what they shoud do? and why abit/bitcrab should listen to their opinions?

Two deveils, i chose the one who really hold the bts, not the debtor.
I would rather see BTS died in the hand of real bts holders not want to see BTS died in the hand of a group of debtor.
You have chosen your position, i chose mine.

Otherwise, as a normal trader, i choose anyone which i can get profit, why i should care about the future of BTS?

Otherwise, as a normal trader from 2017, BTS needs to change, not only the voting system but also the witness system, who wants to do these changes, i support who, about bitasset, i just want to say no one in the community of BTS can make it better,  cognitive problems.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:42:39 pm by binggo »

Offline EuropaSH

• IT innovations
    • View Profile
    • https://xbts.io
  • BitShares: europa
The patch is not a straight reversal of the voting system, it is something else and it looks less stringent to me than what abit did.

Diffrences are that staking will be reduced to x1 only.So each BTS will only hold 1 BTS VP.
Collateral voting will be disabled not after 60 days but 600 days.
When asked for the reason CN Vote explained that due to the short time and lack of funding to create a patch they reverse the added voting system by simply mainly changing parameters and not much code in fear to not destroy the compatibility of the patch as a full reverse would take more coding and time.
[/quote]

Full diff here
https://github.com/bitshares-cnvote/bitshares-core/compare/349e0061300d3e65a3e3040276c321b76069e44f...master

Where is the description of the updates of the new patch?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=32560.0

Why is there no description of the new patch?

What should the community agree with?

Why was there so little time for this decision?

Additional information required !!!

1. How long will it take to restore the network if there is a vulnerability in the New patch?

2. Who will oversee the transition to the new patch?

3.How will the system function after the upgrade?

4.Are there any additional features planned?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:12:31 pm by EuropaSH »
BTS committee member: europa
BTS witness: xbtsio-wallet
XBTS DEX & DeFi FOR TRADERS AND GAMERS https://xbts.io

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
There are more good old longterm witnesses who provided first class infra who have been replaced by bitcrab/abit and beos to add witnesses who provide a simple VPS only and don't even participate in bitshares at all.

I don't think so,this is not the fault of bitcrab/abit and beos, after CN-VOTE created, the big Proxy is not bitcrab/abit anymore,the big Proxy is CN-VOTE, even beos still support the most number witness, face the date and the true.

BEOS did clearly inside deals nobody can deny.Or do you belive 2 witnesses from BEOS receive at the same time support when
two chinese reiceives from beos ?

4 new committee members in single hour.
BEOS supporting cn-vote members and cn-vote supporting BEOS members.

I did some digging about that voting and you can basicly say majority of cn-vote members don't know why they support liondani and evangelist who haven't been active a single time in 1 1/2 years.

Who did the inside deals i can only guess from past experience of proposals i received which i always rejected.
What is very clear is that BEOS has a very good relationship with Jademont and DL

DL is now the new director of BEOS.

If you blame CN-Vote for supporting the shitty workers or blocking then i need to tell you without the help of BEOS they would not be able to do so.
Restoring bitcny price feed was rejected from BEOS with the argumentation people can get hurt (bitcrab didn't wanted it at that time)
Today they attack cn-vote for blocking to restore pegg and claim to instantly restore pegg.
Now they have no more issue of people getting hurt when average CR got very lower ?

I know CN-Vote and i know BEOS.

BEOS is far worse than CN-Vote and together with Abit and DL it is a total mess.
Centralization and dictorship pure.

Most people agree on that.

It's easier to find consent with cn-vote than being under BEOS.

Also the attack of Abit and DL fudding that CN-Vote is forking and should leave bitshares is something i can't accept at all.
Today its cn-vote because you don't like their voting and tomorrow its me because they don't like my voice.

Abit already muted all critical foreigners using his bot which he refuses to disable even when asked from all other admins.

Another question is who is causing the big corruption on bitshares?
Is it cn-vote ?IMO and many others its not cn-vote but Abit/Bitcrab/Jademont and BEOS.
Each other supporting themself makes such a corruption we have in committee first possible.
I'm 4 years now in bitshares and never saw such a big corruption we got today.And its mainly caused by these people and that won't change just because you switch vp from cn-vote to beos which is already supporting that corruption.

Abit and Bitcrab are trying to switch vp because they lost their influence in cn-vote who got tired of their permanent ignorance.

I talked a lot with CN-Vote and they expresses me their bad feelings that Abit is not listeing to their opinions but basicly acts based on his own personal opinion (or bitcrab) .
Tell me who opened a BAIP instead of normal worker ?
Who refuses to execute community will?
Who changes rules for its own favour like gdex ?

So claiming that the new voting system is needed to change when the most corrupt people stay is just a simple lie.
Changing power from bad voters to corruption supporters is no solution at all.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile