Author Topic: Keep minging PTS or turn to others  (Read 3210 times)

Offline MisO69

• View Profile
Re: Keep minging PTS or turn to others
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:14:24 pm »
Isn't this just a case of simple math? Look at your average Ypool block rewards, multiply it by the average number of blocks found in 24hours. Multiply that by the going rate. Now is that more or less than mining something like Litecoin or Doge?

As for mining PTS to hold it, why not mine something more profitable and then just buy more PTS than you can mine.

The difficulty algo needs to get fixed. This type of thing could happen with each new DAC. PTS needs KGW or something similar.

Offline vb2005

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:30:46 am »
I am mining with 2 x R280x and seems to make 0.5 PTS per day = 3 USD - i think this is too low and maybe most of the miner still mining PTS are CPU miners because other cpu coins are even worse.

I am just wondering if there is still meaningful to keep mining PTS, at current difficulties 0.036 and current low price, approx $7/pts?
As what I saw from Ypool, there are still around 30,000 workers digging in there. Also, seems Ypool is getting recovery from attack and starting to find more blocks. I am now totally confused why I should or shouldn't keep mining, or should I go back to CleverMining or Middlecoin for Scrypt coins? Please convince me.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:26 am »
I will keep mining PTS because I believe in the long term DAC's which will honor PTS.  Additionally, PTS has made great strides in keeping CPU mining still viable compared with scrypt coins that are GPU only.  Lastly, mining PTS on GPU's still seems to produce less heat compared with scrypt and this is a bonus during the upcoming summer months.

Offline lty616

• View Profile
Keep minging PTS or turn to others
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:33:12 pm »
I am just wondering if there is still meaningful to keep mining PTS, at current difficulties 0.036 and current low price, approx $7/pts?
As what I saw from Ypool, there are still around 30,000 workers digging in there. Also, seems Ypool is getting recovery from attack and starting to find more blocks. I am now totally confused why I should or shouldn't keep mining, or should I go back to CleverMining or Middlecoin for Scrypt coins? Please convince me.