Author Topic: Suggestion to prevent huge price swings in PTS  (Read 3790 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion to prevent huge price swings in PTS
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:04 am »
No .. they are shares in futire dacs

It seems alot others don't know that. Never seen PTS dropped so much so quickly.

I think there should of been a rule that in order to get your bitshares, you would have to hold your PTS until its fully launched.

It looks like PTS will face huge price swings whenever a new DAC is released.

Yes but that is the nature of it an a totally healthy result of the market valueing oportunities. Read the article posted a few days ago by Dan on letstalkbitcoin on this topic! Answers all your questions. http://letstalkbitcoin.com/caution-watch-for-falling-pts/

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:08:22 am »

It seems alot others don't know that. Never seen PTS dropped so much so quickly.

I think there should of been a rule that in order to get your bitshares, you would have to hold your PTS until its fully launched.

It looks like PTS will face huge price swings whenever a new DAC is released.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 07:51:57 pm »

Agreed, we need to each decide a strategy:

Investor, buy/hold and contribute to the ecosystem as best we can.
Trader, attempt to time the market and remain largely indifferent to the project's success.

I for one, will seize every opportunity to help all worthy DAC projects that honors AGS/PTS stakeholders.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:45:57 pm »

Offline jtan1ph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 05:42:25 pm »
So... PTS are completely useless now?

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:29:50 pm »
I have an honest question: Why are people so scared of PTS price swings? Yesterday's price drop was evidence that the market values BitShares XT; it reflects the fact that PTS after Feb 28 are literally worth less than PTS pre-Feb 28 because they don't entitle the bearer to BitShares X. Why is that scary?

I think the benefits of transparency (e.g., Invictus making public announcements of shapshot dates) far outweigh the benefits of a more stable price of PTS. Can you imagine the criticism Invictus would receive if we all wake up one morning and they announce that there was a snapshot yesterday? People who wanted in to that venture would feel cheated, people who didn't want in (i.e., wanted to sell pre-snapshot to reinvest at a lower price post-snapshot) would feel cheated; who exactly would benefit from this scenario?

Agreed.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 05:24:19 pm »
I have an honest question: Why are people so scared of PTS price swings? Yesterday's price drop was evidence that the market values BitShares XT; it reflects the fact that PTS after Feb 28 are literally worth less than PTS pre-Feb 28 because they don't entitle the bearer to BitShares X. Why is that scary?

I think the benefits of transparency (e.g., Invictus making public announcements of shapshot dates) far outweigh the benefits of a more stable price of PTS. Can you imagine the criticism Invictus would receive if we all wake up one morning and they announce that there was a snapshot yesterday? People who wanted in to that venture would feel cheated, people who didn't want in (i.e., wanted to sell pre-snapshot to reinvest at a lower price post-snapshot) would feel cheated; who exactly would benefit from this scenario?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cryptoblast

• View Profile
Suggestion to prevent huge price swings in PTS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
Would it be possible to base the amount of new BitShares X (or whatever the next DAC is) on coin age instead of just the current amount of PTS in a user's wallet?

Another strategy would be to have several new DACs publicly in the pipeline, and NOT publicly releasing the snapshot date for any of them.

This way people will have an incentive to continue holding their PTS for the best chance at receiving the next new DAC.