Author Topic: BitAssets 1.0 reloaded (latest update 2021-09-28)  (Read 8048 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
2021-09-28 UPDATE:

1. Price feed parameters adjustment (except SILVER1.0):

* minimum feeds adjusted to 2
* Price feed producers list adjusted to:
1.2.183     hiquanta
1.2.738675  xbtsio-wallet
1.2.987999  zapata42-witness
1.2.1035733 syalon

More info (a post in Chinese): https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=32648.msg346500#msg346500

Note: SILVER1.0 has been globally settled due to a black swan event, thus unable to adjust the parameters at this moment. Total settlement fund is 776 BTS.

2. The 2nd compensation for price feed producers (a post in Chinese): https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=33275.msg346510#msg346510
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 10:59:24 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Removing these price feed producers since they haven't provided price feeds.
* sahkan-bitshares
* clockwork

Adding:
* xn-delegate
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:03:52 pm by abit »

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
I understand.

Not only you, but also many of us have contributed and invested a lot without getting much back.

However, the chain still needs more contributions and engagements to move forward. In this sense, I would prefer allocating more resources to the ones who are actively contributing, but give less weight on contributions in the past.

By the way, IMHO it's a waste of resources if everyone piles on providing the same services, especially when our resources are limited. The law of diminishing marginal utility applies. It is best for everyone to find a position that is not easily replaced by others.
I understand. Seems that it's your show now, hope you guys can get BTS back on track.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I understand.

Not only you, but also many of us have contributed and invested a lot without getting much back.

However, the chain still needs more contributions and engagements to move forward. In this sense, I would prefer allocating more resources to the ones who are actively contributing, but give less weight on contributions in the past.

By the way, IMHO it's a waste of resources if everyone piles on providing the same services, especially when our resources are limited. The law of diminishing marginal utility applies. It is best for everyone to find a position that is not easily replaced by others.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
I can help out with the feeds.
Any update please? I've added you as a feed producer but you've never published feeds?
I am out of active witness rotation. Hard to plan and jump on anything if my witness gets voted in on random few days out of a year.
I voted for you after 5.0 launch because I wished that you could participate more in the ecosystem.

I removed votes from you a few days ago because I hadn't heard from you in a week since you replied here that you can help out.

BTW if I am correct, you are not running any service except a block producer for the blockchain at this moment. No API node, no seed node, no price feeds, no other contribution that I can see. If you start to participate more I would like to support you, otherwise I am sorry.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions in the past.

For the last 2 years I was voted in for a total of 2 months and I provided all services till June of this year. Now on v 5.0 I was voted in for a total of 7 days before I was voted out again. Quite honestly if I stay voted in I will start bringing back the services but it will not happen in 1 day, otherwise I will just turn the rest of the servers off - which is unfortunate because I think BTS might be heading back into the right direction again.   

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Any update please? I've added you as a feed producer but you've never published feeds?
I am out of active witness rotation. Hard to plan and jump on anything if my witness gets voted in on random few days out of a year.
I voted for you after 5.0 launch because I wished that you could participate more in the ecosystem.

I removed votes from you a few days ago because I hadn't heard from you in a week since you replied here that you can help out.

BTW if I am correct, you are not running any service except a block producer for the blockchain at this moment. No API node, no seed node, no price feeds, no other contribution that I can see. If you start to participate more I would like to support you, otherwise I am sorry.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions in the past.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
A new 1.0 bitasset has been created today:

1.3.5866 RUB1.0

In addition, most of issuer permissions have been forfeited on all the 1.0 bitassets. Details updated to OP.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline bench

Honest Assets would be a better alternative to creating new assets.
Feel free to join our community channel, if you have not done so far:
https://t.me/onestcommunity
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
Interested as well. But why not continue with HONEST Assets ?
Honest assets are privately owned

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Interested as well.
Please introduce yourself.
What's your BitShares account?

But why not continue with HONEST Assets ?
They are not owned by the committee. I don't make decisions for them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:45:03 pm by abit »

Offline iamredbar

Honest Assets would be a better alternative to creating new assets.

Offline teiva

• View Profile
Interested as well. But why not continue with HONEST Assets ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:39:33 pm by teiva »