Author Topic: 111* days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?  (Read 94144 times)

lzr1900

Re: 42 days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2014, 02:41:41 pm »
I think most of us who are holding PTS do not really care how fast it takes to confirm. That's because we are not selling it, only holding for the DAC "dividends". I'd rather that strong hands hold PTS, even if it takes awhile to confirm.

since BTS wallet still not out. im kind worried how long to develop a DAC? years? mayby? loz of investors have lost confident in pts since the bts wallet sould be out around March and now two months later, we still don't know when the wallet comes out. maybe another couple of months? that is the issue.

promising future are based on facts not promises.
100% agree with u.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2014, 02:17:12 pm »
I think most of us who are holding PTS do not really care how fast it takes to confirm. That's because we are not selling it, only holding for the DAC "dividends". I'd rather that strong hands hold PTS, even if it takes awhile to confirm.

since BTS wallet still not out. im kind worried how long to develop a DAC? years? mayby? loz of investors have lost confident in pts since the bts wallet sould be out around March and now two months later, we still don't know when the wallet comes out. maybe another couple of months? that is the issue.

promising future are based on facts not promises.
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2014, 05:08:59 am »
Eventually PTS is expected to be migrated to DPOS, but I think the vast majority of PTS holders prioritize development of DPOS and DACs that are expected to pay them snapshots well above where they prioritize any stopgap efforts to increase PTS liquidity.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2014, 04:35:34 am »

Offline burgoboby

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2014, 11:57:29 pm »
Okay i understand you point of view guys. So what do you think about the time to confirm your PTS ? Because it's a real issue to solve. Due to the real lack of network power, required time to confirm is a shame.....

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2014, 10:50:48 am »
PTS is dead, impossible to sell at decent price price. Exchange are almost empty.... NRS killed PTS ?

PTS is not a pump and dump coin. It's your token to more DAC's. Simples.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2014, 12:42:46 am »
PTS is dead, impossible to sell at decent price price. Exchange are almost empty.... NRS killed PTS ?
To the best of my knowledge my PTS still entitles me to my portion of 10% of any Invictus DAC and any other DAC that follows the Invictus social convention.  So how is it "dead"?  Seems to be serving the primary purpose it was created for.

Offline burgoboby

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2014, 11:12:59 pm »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2014, 03:28:12 am »
This all gets fixed with a single upgrade to PTS 2.0 after DPOS is proven via Bitshares X. 
We don't want to perturb the PTS chain more than once.

Agreed.  The switch to DPOS will require a total disruption anyway, so might as well wait until that instead of disrupting it twice and wasting the extra development time on an intermediate step.  Also, no one should be using PTS for point of sale transactions, so the block times aren't really a big deal.  If people are in a hurry to grab some stake, they can use BTC to AGS anyway, and that way the resources actually go to development.

If I have the infrastructure to GPU mine, I would rather mine PTS directly rather than pay the exchange fees to convert.  Especially since NaN's GPU miner is netting me 4200 col/min per each 7970. Currently mining NRS.

It's been nearly 2 months since I started this thread. The 42 day estimate was nearly spot on. It currently estimates 140 days to retarget.

No real sign of BTS-X and DPOS being finalized in the near future and PTS fixing is in line behind them. I know, I know, "they are almost done".

A year from now you may wish you had started today.

-Karen Lamb

Here's another:
On a long enough timeline, the development rate for bitshares drops to zero.

-Chuck Palahniuk

:D

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2014, 02:28:46 am »
This all gets fixed with a single upgrade to PTS 2.0 after DPOS is proven via Bitshares X. 

Agreed.  The switch to DPOS will require a total disruption anyway, so might as well wait until that instead of disrupting it twice and wasting the extra development time on an intermediate step.  Also, no one should be using PTS for point of sale transactions, so the block times aren't really a big deal.  If people are in a hurry to grab some stake, they can use BTC to AGS anyway, and that way the resources actually go to development.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2014, 11:24:25 pm »
Hard to send PTS and get confirmations on time if everyone stops mining PTS altogether.
So +5% and a bit more to help fix the difficulty re-target in case of the opportunistic mining stampedes. Even if the plan is to switch to DPOS the transition period needs to work as well.

Fixing this is not their priority. They don't care if people don't mine their coin. Which is very odd to me, especially since PTS is an investment vehicle for BTS.

I don't think They consider it a coin at all. So They are much less concerned with transaction times than someone promoting a coin would be.  I agree that it does not seem to be a priority.  Up until this becomes a security concern, I tend to agree with them.  I'm not mining PTS though.  I mine at scryptguild.com or manicminer.in and then exchange for PTS or whatever else I might want.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2014, 10:27:38 pm »
Hard to send PTS and get confirmations on time if everyone stops mining PTS altogether.
So +5% and a bit more to help fix the difficulty re-target in case of the opportunistic mining stampedes. Even if the plan is to switch to DPOS the transition period needs to work as well.

Fixing this is not their priority. They don't care if people don't mine their coin. Which is very odd to me, especially since PTS is an investment vehicle for BTS.

I don't think They consider it a coin at all. So They are much less concerned with transaction times than someone promoting a coin would be.  I agree that it does not seem to be a priority.  Up until this becomes a security concern, I tend to agree with them.  I'm not mining PTS though.  I mine at scryptguild.com or manicminer.in and then exchange for PTS or whatever else I might want.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2014, 04:27:47 pm »

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2014, 12:26:02 pm »
stop mining   the rest pts send to PTSER&AGSER