Author Topic: 111* days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?  (Read 94177 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Re: 42 days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2014, 05:03:47 pm »
The investors here are mainly miners and (day)traders.

Personally, I'd love it if all those people dumped their PTS.

guess I'll just sit on my PTS, BTS, and AGS until it appreciates or starts returning dividends, I was always going long on this investment anyway. For me, it makes no sense to keep going for around 1 PTS a day.

Great! Good thinking.

I think this thread is full of people trying to mine for a profit who are confused about their role in the cryptocurrency space

too much rhetoric and no facts, everyone avoids the facts.

1) PTS is de-valuing
2) the difficulty WILL kill PTS if it's not addressed.
3) Trust and confidence will die if this is not addressed in a timely fashion.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »

guess I'll just sit on my PTS, BTS, and AGS until it appreciates or starts returning dividends, I was always going long on this investment anyway. For me, it makes no sense to keep going for around 1 PTS a day.

Great! Good thinking.

I think this thread is full of people trying to mine for a profit who are confused about their role in the cryptocurrency space
Yeah, I could see their frustration then. It's not a "coin" like most miners are used to, although it does have that feel, uses a QT wallet, etc. When I learned about PTS and started mining last year, it was all about mining as many "shares" as possible as a stake in future dividends. I always saw it as long term, as in many months to years. I have only mined, purchased more, and donated for AGS. I'll continue this, but via Scrypt as I can make more BTC, in a Rube Goldberg method to get more PTS then mining directly. ;)

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:17 pm »
As a shareholder you want your share to be popular. If the BTS-X will NOT be popular and will have a bad value there will hardly be any bump in value of the PTS EVER.

as a investor ,I am happy to see current high difficulty and low PTS price. I am not a good educator, the only suggestion i can make for you is  to sit tight and read all the BTS  whitepapers.  we need a solid system to make un-trusted ppl possible to do business together
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:24 pm »

If you start abandoning projects now or being complacent because of "indefinite future upgrades", lol watch the price plunge along with mass loss of confidence and trust in your group. Even the guy who did the coding for you Freetrade agrees that this needs to be addressed.
t
you do not real understand PTS. it is a IPO-share. 2m is the total. As long as there is still some hash power then PTS is safe. as a shareholder, i do not like more shares (pts)in the market. the miners will be back if 3i announce another new DAC.  as long as there is more than six block been generated per day then we are fine.

excuse me? IPO-share? Do you even know what makes a POW chain "safe" ? Noone said anything about incresng rewards, this thread is about the difficulty.

as long as there is more than six block been generated per day then we are fine.

do not tempt me to insult you.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2014, 04:53:09 pm »

Great! Good thinking.

Yeah, I am sure you will be at the "Ask" buying all those shares with your millions of dollars to spend. 

Instead of waiting for people to dump and since you also believe the price will not to fall further,  put your money where your mouth is and spend all that extra dough on PTS right now.

That's what I thought.

I seriously hope you are not affiliated with Invictus other than you frequent this board. Your attitude reflects poorly upon them.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:56:03 pm by newmine »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:36 pm »

Great! Good thinking.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Hukkel

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:51 pm »
As a shareholder you want your share to be popular. If the BTS-X will NOT be popular and will have a bad value there will hardly be any bump in value of the PTS EVER.

Dividends over a share that is doing bad. Does that sound interesting to you?

I don't want to be insulting but it feels like you don't understand shares. If you want people to treat it like a share instead of a cryptocurrency you need to treat it that way yourself. Which means keep bringing out good news, news about what you are up to and why the company is doing well atm. This keeps investors happy. The investors here are mainly miners and (day)traders. The price high was because of a promis. A promis of BTS-X. So far I haven't seen any BTS-X. Did you?

Short version; investors look at the forecast, the projects and the current value of a company/share. If the PTS will have a low value and there is no news about the previous project your share will become uninteresting for anyone and everyone. And your investment will become worthless.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »

If you start abandoning projects now or being complacent because of "indefinite future upgrades", lol watch the price plunge along with mass loss of confidence and trust in your group. Even the guy who did the coding for you Freetrade agrees that this needs to be addressed.
t
you do not real understand PTS. it is a IPO-share. 2m is the total. As long as there is still some hash power then PTS is safe. as a shareholder, i do not like more shares (pts)in the market. the miners will be back if 3i announce another new DAC.  as long as there is more than six block been generated per day then we are fine.
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2014, 03:42:35 pm »
Based off this new information (new to me), about the difficulty never going back down. It's appears to be a pretty easy business decision. With having around 10K CPM in my farm, it would seem to be best financially to switch over to Scrypt and utilize a pool like ScryptGuild.com that mines the most profitable Alt, then auto-sells and pays me in BTC. I guess I'll just sit on my PTS, BTS, and AGS until it appreciates or starts returning dividends, I was always going long on this investment anyway. For me, it makes no sense to keep going for around 1 PTS a day. :o

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2014, 03:41:45 pm »
maxcoin is back at Ypool now. So I expect more people to jump there since GPU mining is possible there. This will further slow the network as Ypool is one of the larger PTS pools.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2014, 02:42:15 pm »
either i'm the only one with a good memory or most of you were not around when a similar situation arose.

there was once a coin called China coin CNC, it died, a horrible death after the devs failed to deal with this similar situation. Get off that high horse and realize that it's mining that keeps the chain moving and transactions confirming. This will continue sliding and loosing value, moreover if a new DAC was announced in the coming few days, miners would return and mine...the price will rise and so will the difficulty. After the snapshot, it will be abandoned again, this time with even higher difficulty and worse dumping because people will be expecting the price drop.

know that how you deal with the situation reflects on your commitment to PTS holders.

We are PTS holders...   :)

We don't want to do a hard fork if we can avoid it.  We don't want to divert resources from other priorities if we can avoid it.

Hopefully it will gradually recalibrate on its own until we reach 2,000,000 in circulation.  Then we have the option to upgrade just once to our new BitShares standard which would eliminate these problems and perhaps add other TBD benefits.

We don't want

Well, we want it.

We don't want to divert resources

You'll have to either divert man power or funds. It's now unavoidable. You are clearly not mining, if you were you'd feel the pressure.

Hopefully it will gradually recalibrate

You clearly were not there when CNC lived and died... you have to effect the recalibration. This is code, it does not understand, it only does as it is told.

TBD benefits.

right now it's about PTS, we'll cross the Bitshares bridge when we get there.

Stan, i've been into coins a while and i've seen what this does, it needs to be fixed and there is no explanation that can cover that up. I hate hard forks as much as any other dev but they are done for a reason, this is one of the most pressing reasons to effect one immediately. Trust me, your PTS will ebb away into nothing soon if people realize that you guys are not willing to update your code to be a bit more compliant.

No response can refute these facts, i have participated in too many coin revivals either as a holder or stepping in to assist copy-paste devs. Inaction for any reason whatsoever is toxic to trust and confidence.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2014, 02:34:32 pm »

If Invictus wants to have all their PTS mined then this is not the correct way, if they simply do not care then that is that :D

I think this is it, they don't care.

Which is extremely odd. Especially since I remember reading one of their reasons for releasing Angelshares was because it was a way more efficient way of allocating money instead of through mining and wasting energy. 

I guess it's okay for miners to waste energy, time and equipment slushing through this difficulty when they aren't going to hand money or BTC over to Invictus?

I only speculate when I say they must think it benefits them in some way. 

They do possess a lot of PTS and they have stated Miners cause price to go down when in reality it is Markets cause price to go down or up.  Mining and Miners are simply an inconsistent ever changing variable subject to human emotion.  A lot of miners are willing to operate at a loss in hope for future appreciation.  Outside of GPU farms, most PTS miners who are left fall in that category because they hope for the DAC value that is promised.  If this is the case, the miners who are sticking with PTS mining are get screwed out of future income by not being allowed to mine at a true potential because the inflated difficulty is producing 1/3 the shares.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »
either i'm the only one with a good memory or most of you were not around when a similar situation arose.

there was once a coin called China coin CNC, it died, a horrible death after the devs failed to deal with this similar situation. Get off that high horse and realize that it's mining that keeps the chain moving and transactions confirming. This will continue sliding and loosing value, moreover if a new DAC was announced in the coming few days, miners would return and mine...the price will rise and so will the difficulty. After the snapshot, it will be abandoned again, this time with even higher difficulty and worse dumping because people will be expecting the price drop.

know that how you deal with the situation reflects on your commitment to PTS holders.

We are PTS holders...   :)

We don't want to do a hard fork if we can avoid it.  We don't want to divert resources from other priorities if we can avoid it.

Hopefully it will gradually recalibrate on its own until we reach 2,000,000 in circulation.  Then we have the option to upgrade just once to our new BitShares standard which would eliminate these problems and perhaps add other TBD benefits.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline davidpbrown

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 02:13:29 pm »
If it becomes a problem, then surely a simple switch to a PoS alternate would work?.. I expect once the first or first couple of product are released that interest in PTS might continue regardless.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Hukkel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2014, 02:10:14 pm »
almost all miners are short term miners. They live for the pump and dump. Short term profitability.

You attracted them, then scared them away, and now you blame PTS holders.

Look at yourself. The share is waorth very little atm. THAT will reflect on all your other DACs. People will leave them be because they expect the same for everything else you will release.