Author Topic: help! do i understand?  (Read 11710 times)

Offline yellowecho

I think this window right now, before Bitshares X is launched and while PTS and AGS are cheap, may be one of the greatest buying opportunities in history.

Follow up question: is it too late to invest in Bitshares X because that sounds awesome!

I am disappointed that I missed the snapshot.

If not, could somebody talk me up about some other upcoming DACs that could be profitable?

Yeah, unfortunately it's too late to invest in BTS X since the snapshot for the genesis block was February 28th; however, you will be be able to buy BTS as soon as the client becomes available.  If the recent poll is any indicator, ~130,000 shares should be available when the market opens (sellers willing to sell between $1-5) but you'll have to act quickly because I'm almost certain a large number of people will short bitUSD since the expectation is that BTS will be more valuable which will drive the price of BTS up.

Here's a video Dan did about the snapshot and future DACs:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3206.0

I'm buying PTS right now since I bought a lot of AGS for the snapshot but IMO the best deal right now is cheap AGS for future DACs.  Dan has already said he's spoken to big investors for Bitshares Music at the last conference.  It's important to note that 100% of the AGS funds go towards R&D for new DACs so future DACs are already funded and should come to the market relatively quickly once BTSX is stable. 
696c6f766562726f776e696573

merockstar

I think this window right now, before Bitshares X is launched and while PTS and AGS are cheap, may be one of the greatest buying opportunities in history.

Follow up question: is it too late to invest in Bitshares X because that sounds awesome!

I am disappointed that I missed the snapshot.

If not, could somebody talk me up about some other upcoming DACs that could be profitable?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

merockstar

Thanks Stan!

The more this clicks for me the more exciting it really becomes.

I'm especially stoked about the potential that a DAC for insurance, and futures/predictions could bring to the table. That sounds like a game changer to me.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I wanted to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

I just sent this transaction to the ANGEL BTC address:

365e16fc96b7a1813ebcae78f9d797e0edc16b9fd5727d763d96843bfcb9e547

meaning I will get however many (x) angelshares, which I can proof ownership of by retaining the private key from the address I sent the donation from.

so... what do I do now?

watch for new DACs, right?

if a new DAC comes out, and it's a currency, then my share should (since 3I isn't actually going to be releasing the code themselves, but just developing it) be hardcoded into the blockchain (like this bitshares x snapshot everybody just got doing, right?)-- and I should just follow the instructions for importing my private key into the new client(s) whenever they come to exist, right?

if a new DAC comes out, and it's not a currency, then whoever publishes it and comes to profit from it would be morally obliged to send whatever my fair share of the profits are from my support to the btc address the donation was received from (and in that case I just sit back and wait), right?

what else do I need to know? I feel like I'm wrapping my head around 80% of this, and it made enough sense to me to make me want to invest, but i'm also oh so confused (I imagine many other people are too, which is why my gut tells me this is a good investment opportunity).

Do I need to know anything besides the things I described above to claim any proceeds that come from my ags investment?

Do I even understand this at all?

You understand pretty well.

For regulatory clarity and to protect everybody's contributions, the industry must remain decentralized with independent organizations performing whatever functions they are legally able to do from their jurisdictions.

Invictus has carved out an R&D and promotional/educational/evangelist/incubator role but stops short of the operational side of the industry.  This opens up huge opportunities for everybody else to create instances of our software tailored for specific market niches and legal jurisdictions.

Part of the education process is to show would-be developers the advantages of honoring the AGS and PTS holders each with a 10% "tip" for helping them launch their DACs without wasting the other 80% on transient mine-and-dump "supporters" in the old mining lottery method.

We believe that this community is morally justified in forking a new honorable version of any DAC that builds on their ecosystem without honoring their contribution to the ecosystem.

So there is much to gain by honoring AGS/PTS and much to lose by failing to do so.

But we can not (and would not) force anybody to do anything.  That is the job of Market Forces. 

That is the job of this community.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

merockstar

I wanted to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

I just sent this transaction to the ANGEL BTC address:

365e16fc96b7a1813ebcae78f9d797e0edc16b9fd5727d763d96843bfcb9e547

meaning I will get however many (x) angelshares, which I can proof ownership of by retaining the private key from the address I sent the donation from.

so... what do I do now?

watch for new DACs, right?

if a new DAC comes out, and it's a currency, then my share should (since 3I isn't actually going to be releasing the code themselves, but just developing it) be hardcoded into the blockchain (like this bitshares x snapshot everybody just got doing, right?)-- and I should just follow the instructions for importing my private key into the new client(s) whenever they come to exist, right?

if a new DAC comes out, and it's not a currency, then whoever publishes it and comes to profit from it would be morally obliged to send whatever my fair share of the profits are from my support to the btc address the donation was received from (and in that case I just sit back and wait), right?

what else do I need to know? I feel like I'm wrapping my head around 80% of this, and it made enough sense to me to make me want to invest, but i'm also oh so confused (I imagine many other people are too, which is why my gut tells me this is a good investment opportunity).

Do I need to know anything besides the things I described above to claim any proceeds that come from my ags investment?

Do I even understand this at all?