Author Topic: [ANN] BuyBitShares.com :: Buy BitShares with Bitcoin  (Read 6325 times)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
interested in buying some ad spots in the forum?

Good idea. pm sent.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
interested in buying some ad spots in the forum?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Who in his sane mind would buy bts at 100$ ??? ??  :-X

I remember asking a friend of mine "Who in his right might would pay 7$ for a bitcoin??"
I'm really not trying to be sarcastic or anything.

Your friend would be right if you asked him back in 2009!

I have no doubt that bts will be worth ALOT more than 100$ but it will take a lot of time to  reach that price. I would advice extreme caution to anyone that would like to trade at this price.

Thanks for your comments.
I understand what you're saying. From a speculative point of view, trading with Bitshares right now might seem dangerous, but my team and I think we're past that stage of speculation and that Bitshares are worth the price we're asking for them (probably even a higher price).
Then again, a potential customer should be cautious and do his\her own research.

chryspano

I remember asking a friend of mine "Who in his right might would pay 7$ for a bitcoin??"

Your friend would be right if you asked him back in 2009!

I have no doubt that bts will be worth ALOT more than 100$ but it will take a lot of time to  reach that price. I would advice extreme caution to anyone that would like to trade at this price.

Offline arubi

• View Profile

chryspano

Who in his sane mind would buy bts at 100$ ?????  :-X

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Did you crosspost this thread to other places like bitcointalk.org? Can you link them?
Isn't 100$ a bit much with no market validation?
Couldn't you do an auction each 7 days instead? (that way we could see what the price really is)
Who are you guys? Shouldn't you have some "Who are we?" tab on the website?

1. Yea, these are all x-posts :
A small clarification about the bitcointalk post, we held a giveaway for protoshares on bitcointalk's alt-currency board some time ago and some users decided to downvote the trust for the user because they didn't get their protoshares right away.
They did get them eventually, but the damage was done.
2. We're actually basing our price on this poll : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2948.0
We're pretty much asking for the lower limit. Personally I think bitshares could be worth a lot more.
That's also an interesting idea about an auction. Maybe if the current model fails.
3. There's actually an about / contact us section at the bottom of the page where you send us an email or reach us on keyhotee.
We also have www.buypts.com running for quite some time now with some success.

Thanks for all the questions!

* edit : added correct 2nd link
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:30:26 pm by arubi »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Did you crosspost this thread to other places like bitcointalk.org? Can you link them?
Isn't 100$ a bit much with no market validation?
Couldn't you do an auction each 7 days instead? (that way we could see what the price really is)
Who are you guys? Shouldn't you have some "Who are we?" tab on the website?

Offline arubi

• View Profile
It looks like just a simple website. Making it a bts/btc or bts/pts exchange would make you look more professional and trustworthy.

Good luck.

The website's design is simple enough to be easy on the eyes and not break with different browsers (I hope ;) )
The real work is behind the scenes where we have our own software to organize and maintain the books.

An exchange is an interesting idea. We've been talking about it amongst ourselves for a while now.
Thanks!

Is BTS deposit possible? If true, I'm afraid users could probably not resending the bts to you after rollback
If not, then this is still quite different from an exchange, it is more like a shop... enough supply?

Bitshares deposits are not currently possible because the actual bitshares service is not running yet.
Once transfer of BTS is possible, we will start funding our customers' addresses.

About the rollbacks, if it does happen, then it means all balances are restored, in which case the BTS returns to our address.
We will simply re-send the funds to our customers each time a rollback happens.

As for the supply, we've signed a message using an address we own which have more than 1000 BTS signed to it.
You can verify the signature using BitShares-PTS, and also the balance at the time of the snapshot using a block explorer.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Is BTS deposit possible? If true, I'm afraid users could probably not resending the bts to you after rollback
If not, then this is still quite different from an exchange, it is more like a shop... enough supply?

When BitShares XT launches we will ask you to sign your public BitShares address using the Bitcoin address you used to make the payment at our site, and promptly send them to you if everything checks out.

The XT chain may be rolled back if fatal bugs are found. How do you take the risk ?

Good question. The short answer is that we will keep sending and re-sending the funds back to customers at every potential roll back.
We'll also have the books online at all possible times and are also available by email for further support if neccesary.

We intend to be very thorough and professional about this.
buybitshares.com has been our project for some time now and we all want it to succeed.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
It looks like just a simple website. Making it a bts/btc or bts/pts exchange would make you look more professional and trustworthy.

Good luck.

Offline arubi

• View Profile

When BitShares XT launches we will ask you to sign your public BitShares address using the Bitcoin address you used to make the payment at our site, and promptly send them to you if everything checks out.

The XT chain may be rolled back if fatal bugs are found. How do you take the risk ?

Good question. The short answer is that we will keep sending and re-sending the funds back to customers at every potential roll back.
We'll also have the books online at all possible times and are also available by email for further support if neccesary.

We intend to be very thorough and professional about this.
buybitshares.com has been our project for some time now and we all want it to succeed.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Hi everybody,

We're the team behind BuyBitShares.com and we'd like to invite you to visit our website and check out our service :

www.BuyBitShares.com

The BitShares blockchain the first major DAC honoring the ProtoShares blockchain.

The price of a Bitshare is currently unknown, but our best source might be this poll held on bitsharestalk.org, showing members' asking price for when BitShares XT will go live:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2948.0

We want to make a name for ourselves in this economy as trusted sellers of Protoshares, Bitshares and other DACs' shares.
Currently, we're accepting Bitcoin, but may add more payment options if there's a demand.

Since there is no way to currently move bitshares around (i.e. send them to an address), we will keep your bitshares balance on our (secure, multi-backup) books, paired with the Bitcoin address used to make the payment.

Thanks for reading,
www.BuyBitShares.com team

EDIT: After the these past delays in bitshares' release and changes in the development around the changes in the POS implementations (TAPOS, DPOS) we've decided to lower our asking price to 25$ per Bitshare.

*all previous orders will be recalculated accordingly
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:08:41 pm by arubi »