Author Topic: BitShares Logos - here  (Read 5850 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:57:16 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Casiopaia,
Could you please post the new logo files here? The upgraded one is even more refined and I'd like for all of us to use it instead of the original.  Great job. B

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I really like the upgrade! - looks much more sophisticated and of higher quality.

thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I really like the upgrade! - looks much more sophisticated and of higher quality.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
rebuild bts logo icon with same spaces etc. let me know what do you think ...

compare

reworked logo icon file is vector based and scalable ...

thx
cass
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:52:40 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
he brain if i could help let me know! ...

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Yes, we'll be further refining the logos, there's always room to improve...the web guys are super busy with getting the sites finished, but we can revisit this soon and make some of the changes you all have suggested.  For now, feel free to use what we have and when the logos are tweaked, I'll post them here for everyone... B

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
the bts logo isn't straight ... icon spaces aren't same, on top caro -  left side isn't straight... i would really advise to rework the complete logo icon and as mentioned here before ... also spacings on letters aren't correct .. better then before but can improved more also ... my 2 cents ...

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
I would like to criticize the new logo a bit.  I like it on the whole, but I think a few minor tweaks could really make it shine.  It looks fine at smaller resolutions, but blown up large, a few flaws appear.

I will work my way from left to right through the letters:

*Space between "i" and "t" is a bit too tight
*Space between "t" and "s" looks a bit clumsy.  In general, I have a problem with the "s" glyph as it is asymmetrically longer on the bottom left.  On the right side of the "s", the top line and bottom curve line up perfectly.  On the left side, the bottom line protrudes further to the left than the top curve.  I do not like this asymmetry, it makes it look like it is about to fall over.  I think that it could be negated in a way that looks nice with the hook of the "t" lining up nicely with the end of the "s" curve.
*Too much space between the "s" and the "h".  Compare it with the space between the "h" and the "a", it's like twice the distance.
*On the other hand, the "h" and "a" are too close together, separate them by a little bit.
*The top tail on the "a" should be extended slightly and curved a little more to make complement the curve of the "h" next to it.
*The space between the "a" and the "r" should be closed a bit.
*The top tail of the "r" should get the same elongation treatment as the "a" to have it come closer and give a nice complement to the curve of the "e".
*The final "s" should be corrected like the first one, and moved slightly towards the "e".

I have made all of these changes using the blunt tool of Photoshop.  (My Illustrator version was too old to work with the EPS file.)  I humbly submit the revisions below (with the original on the bottom, my changes on top).  When seen as a whole, it really does not look much different.  But when you look at the individual letters, it looks much more harmonious IMO.  (Although it really needs more work, there is a little glitch in the "r".  And I did not fix the "s" completely, as doing so made it look top-heavy, but I did shorten the length of the bottom curve noticeably.)

+5%

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile
I would like to criticize the new logo a bit.  I like it on the whole, but I think a few minor tweaks could really make it shine.  It looks fine at smaller resolutions, but blown up large, a few flaws appear.

I will work my way from left to right through the letters:

*Space between "i" and "t" is a bit too tight
*Space between "t" and "s" looks a bit clumsy.  In general, I have a problem with the "s" glyph as it is asymmetrically longer on the bottom left.  On the right side of the "s", the top line and bottom curve line up perfectly.  On the left side, the bottom line protrudes further to the left than the top curve.  I do not like this asymmetry, it makes it look like it is about to fall over.  I think that it could be negated in a way that looks nice with the hook of the "t" lining up nicely with the end of the "s" curve.
*Too much space between the "s" and the "h".  Compare it with the space between the "h" and the "a", it's like twice the distance.
*On the other hand, the "h" and "a" are too close together, separate them by a little bit.
*The top tail on the "a" should be extended slightly and curved a little more to make complement the curve of the "h" next to it.
*The space between the "a" and the "r" should be closed a bit.
*The top tail of the "r" should get the same elongation treatment as the "a" to have it come closer and give a nice complement to the curve of the "e".
*The final "s" should be corrected like the first one, and moved slightly towards the "e".

I have made all of these changes using the blunt tool of Photoshop.  (My Illustrator version was too old to work with the EPS file.)  I humbly submit the revisions below (with the original on the bottom, my changes on top).  When seen as a whole, it really does not look much different.  But when you look at the individual letters, it looks much more harmonious IMO.  (Although it really needs more work, there is a little glitch in the "r".  And I did not fix the "s" completely, as doing so made it look top-heavy, but I did shorten the length of the bottom curve noticeably.)

Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
The new website launches Mar 21, with a sneak peek coming soon.  Working around the clock on both sites and videos this week. B

Keep it up guys. More appeal to the investor.   +5%

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
The new website launches Mar 21, with a sneak peek coming soon.  Working around the clock on both sites and videos this week. B

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I actually googled the science to get the answer and then realized that you posted the date below the image lol. March 20 if anyone is confused  +5%

Perhaps this will help pinpoint it...

i loled.  +5%