Author Topic: My visit to I3: Status update and thoughts  (Read 7241 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thx for your thoughts and your update
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
If any lurkers are thinking of focusing full-time on BitShares projects, don't rule out South Florida as a relocation option.

+5% the winters warm and the summers hot and humid (as are the women). Code toad heaven !
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Toast, are you going to work full time for invictus on bitshares domain?

Right now I'm in school, so only part-time. After graduation I will most likely be working full-time all summer. Afterwards I'm still not sure since I have a very compelling job offer starting in October, but it's certainly possible I'd ditch that and join I3 instead.

+5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Thanks for the trip report toast, great work.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Best post I read recently, very fruitful.  I really hope the young toast would join 3I as an employee.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
If any lurkers are thinking of focusing full-time on BitShares projects, don't rule out South Florida as a relocation option.

bitbro

Don't hurt Daniel's feelings Toast!

Make INVIncible-caCTUS the EPIC-enter of the CryptoWorld, Bitcoin 2.0, Captialism 3000! ReImagine (tm) all the Bitshares MEmes with your Distributed Bank, HeXchange and Keyhotee; lay back with yur BitUSD on a distributed tropical island and drink delicious Decentralized BitShares 420 PTS/AGS juice with Flux Capacitor electrolytes and Bingo on a blockchain.

Had to read that twice ^ haha clever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Don't hurt Daniel's feelings Toast!

Make INVIncible-caCTUS the EPIC-enter of the CryptoWorld, Bitcoin 2.0, Captialism 3000! ReImagine (tm) all the Bitshares MEmes with your Distributed Bank, HeXchange and Keyhotee; lay back with yur BitUSD on a distributed tropical island and drink delicious Decentralized BitShares 420 PTS/AGS juice with Flux Capacitor electrolytes and Bingo on a blockchain.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:17:42 pm by CLains »

bitbro

To be fair to Toast, his other opportunity is a highly sought after employer and one whom has also tried to recruit me.  Obliviously I made my choice ;)

That said, anyone who would go work a 9 to 5 job in one of the highest taxed cities in the USA when alternatives are available is looking a lifetime in the rat race.

If you want toast, probably best not to patronize any of his potential decisions; that being said, he could really stimulate these projects and we could really benefit from him going full time.

Offline bytemaster

To be fair to Toast, his other opportunity is a highly sought after employer and one whom has also tried to recruit me.  Obliviously I made my choice ;)

That said, anyone who would go work a 9 to 5 job in one of the highest taxed cities in the USA when alternatives are available is looking a lifetime in the rat race.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Toast, are you going to work full time for invictus on bitshares domain?

Afterwards I'm still not sure since I have a very compelling job offer starting in October, but it's certainly possible I'd ditch that and join I3 instead.

When BitShares becomes the next transistor, printing press, internet, <insert revolutionary technology here>, could you really sleep at nights if you turned down an opportunity to work full-time with invictus? ;)

Excellent update, thanks.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
@ Toast, when you say "school" you mean "high school" or university? How old are you?

University. I'm 20.

Too modest!  One of the very top-tier computer science universities.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Excellent, crunchy Toast.

A toast to Toast!  :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
@ Toast, when you say "school" you mean "high school" or university? How old are you?

University. I'm 20.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.