Author Topic: BTS-->BTS X-->BTS ME-->BTS YOU-->BTS HIM-->?  (Read 10462 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
All engineering is done in public.

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/tree/master/libraries

If promises aren't enough for you, and you can't judge the code for yourself, then there's nothing else left to convince you, and that's understandable.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
I have to say I share OP's worry.

Invictus has so far been given more than 4170 bitcoins (according to agsexplorer) which at the current rate of about 630$ USD each totals to more than 2.6 Million US Dollars.
For what exactly? Up to now only promises.

The two ags explorers where developed by other people, logos where designed by other people, wasn't even PTS - the only real product for now - created by other people?

I am not implying I know anything about the true motives of the people behind 3I but from the persepective of a lightweight investor, this whole operation has various warning signs of an elaborate rip-off scheme.

BTS will be liquid in a few weeks so you can sell if you're uncomfortable.  You can follow their work in Github so it's not an elaborate rip-off or anything.  The code is already written.. they're just being very cautious and careful about not releasing a product until they're certain all potential bugs and attacks are accounted for.  As an investor, I'd much prefer them take their time and release a robust system than to release a buggy inferior product leading to a decline in investor confidence and market cap.

Also, speaking as a software developer, money does not speed up the testing process.  As others have mentioned, when software gets to this stage of development it tends to follow Brook's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks's_law) whereby adding additional developers or resources to the project can (and will) further delay its release. 

Everyone in the Bitshares community (especially devs) wants BTSX to be released as soon as possible but quality code is vital for I3 and BTS survival so releasing an inferior product to appease 'weak hands' is unacceptable IMO.

i think some ppl are being mad coz in western culture we do respect the word “credit”. i'm not saying 3i lied or made some excuses. maybe a solid or conservative promise or confirmation is what investors need to hear. as long as 3i and bytemaster are working hard right now, i'm happy. but sometimes, the brightness man still need to calm down their thoughts being rational and reasonalbe.

gj and hope bts x coming soon!
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline yellowecho

Invictus has so far been given more than 4170 bitcoins (according to agsexplorer) which at the current rate of about 630$ USD each totals to more than 2.6 Million US Dollars.

The two ags explorers where developed by other people, logos where designed by other people, wasn't even PTS - the only real product for now - created by other people?

I am not implying I know anything about the true motives of the people behind 3I but from the persepective of a lightweight investor, this whole operation has various warning signs of an elaborate rip-off scheme.

BTS will be liquid in a few weeks so you can sell if you're uncomfortable.  You can follow their work in Github so it's not an elaborate rip-off or anything.  The code is already written.. they're just being very cautious and careful about not releasing a product until they're certain all potential bugs and attacks are accounted for.  As an investor, I'd much prefer them take their time and release a robust system than to release a buggy inferior product leading to a decline in investor confidence and market cap.

Also, speaking as a software developer, money does not speed up the testing process.  As others have mentioned, when software gets to this stage of development it tends to follow Brook's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks's_law) whereby adding additional developers or resources to the project can (and will) further delay its release. 

Everyone in the Bitshares community (especially devs) wants BTSX to be released as soon as possible but quality code is vital for I3 and BTS survival so releasing an inferior product to appease 'weak hands' is unacceptable IMO.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:24:45 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline FelixO

• View Profile

Offline Overthetop

Is this the Roadmap of 3I development group?

BTS X was a compromise over BTS, BTS ME is a compromise over BTS X, what's next? Can you just make something working?

So far, it seems the only working product of 3I is PTS, which is technically no different from other thousands of altcoins.

Keyhotee has been advertised a long time, but neither of the basic two functions, decentralized communication and wallet, is realized. 

BTS has been delayed many times, before BTS ME is introduced.

I now really doubt the development ability of 3I, because I've never heard any successful company that CEO and key developer are the same person.

I was a fun of 3I, now I am considering to quit.

As Toast has reported, the code is essentially developed but the community has given great feedback about issues requiring more testing.  It would be foolish to launch all features at once without careful testing.  We must protect investors money.

I would never launch a new aircraft without lots of high-speed taxi testing on the ground before a short and very careful test flight over an unpopulated test range wearing two parachutes.   :)

You get to watch the tests incrementally this spring and evaluate our progress in a controlled environment.
In the meantime, we release the fruits of our work so far in tangible, useful form.  Other products you can trade, test, and experiment.

This will continue.  This is what we do.  Those who understand what it takes to bootstrap an entire industry will appreciate and approve. 

And this month we will make XTS liquid, so that those who are impatient will have a fair option to stay or go, as they choose.

Meanwhile, the Newsletter we are finalizing will lay out the complete roadmap for the coming quarter.  We are very excited about it.

:)

Hello Stan,

It seems that some problems happened to the development of BTS X. And are there enough developers who are following the job? I just wondering just one guy who is Daniel in the team together with all the works such as developing, bug fixing, forum updating and so on?

Maybe I am not the first person who is asking this question. And sorry for my rudeness, I am worried about the process of Bitshares. Maybe you gonna finish the Bishares X first and after that you gonna focus on the other DAC.

Best regards
Fred
I think so  +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

As Toast reported, most of the required software for BitShares X written.  Adding more developers will not help.  Bytemaster must think, test, observe, discuss, adjust, test, observe, think...  until he is confident that all known attacks can be stopped.  This will take time and he has developed a step by step test plan that minimizes risk to holders of XTS.

Adding more people to this would make no difference.

+5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline fredafrica

• View Profile
If it brings you any comfort, there are only a finite number of features to remove before you get to what XT is right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Actually I am not that restless. I just wanna them think things through. And also, I know the process of Bitshares is not a easy job but amazing.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

BTS X was a compromise over BTS, BTS ME is a compromise over BTS X, what's next? Can you just make something working?

So far, it seems the only working product of 3I is PTS, which is technically no different from other thousands of altcoins.

Keyhotee has been advertised a long time, but neither of the basic two functions, decentralized communication and wallet, is realized. 

I now really doubt the development ability of 3I, because I've never heard any successful company that CEO and key developer are the same person.

As Toast has reported, the code is essentially developed but the community has given great feedback about issues requiring more testing.  It would be foolish to launch all features at once without careful testing.  We must protect investors money.

I would never launch a new aircraft without lots of high-speed taxi testing on the ground before a short and very careful test flight over an unpopulated test range wearing two parachutes.   :)

You get to watch the tests incrementally this spring and evaluate our progress in a controlled environment.
In the meantime, we release the fruits of our work so far in tangible, useful form.  Other products you can trade, test, and experiment.

This will continue.  This is what we do.  Those who understand what it takes to bootstrap an entire industry will appreciate and approve. 

And this month we will make XTS liquid, so that those who are impatient will have a fair option to stay or go, as they choose.

Meanwhile, the Newsletter we are finalizing will lay out the complete roadmap for the coming quarter.  We are very excited about it.

Hello Stan,

It seems that some problems happened to the development of BTS X. And are there enough developers who are following the job? I just wondering just one guy who is Daniel in the team together with all the works such as developing, bug fixing, forum updating and so on?

Maybe I am not the first person who is asking this question. And sorry for my rudeness, I am worried about the process of Bitshares. Maybe you gonna finish the Bishares X first and after that you gonna focus on the other DAC.

Best regards
Fred

As Toast reported, most of the required software for BitShares X written.  Adding more developers will not help.  Bytemaster must think, test, observe, discuss, adjust, test, observe, think...  until he is confident that all known attacks can be stopped.  This will take time and he has developed a step by step test plan that minimizes risk to holders of XTS.

I was an C++ developer also and I know what's your meaning. What I wanna say is BM focus on his mind in too many DACs and too much non-development job. Putting the Bitshares X aside and doing the job on the new DAC is really helpful? How he assured that all the problem in Bitshares ME will be solved quickly?

When you find that the work in the Bitshares ME takes time, what you gonna do? Try to create a DAC which is, for example, Bitshares MYSON, or you gonna have the Bitshares X back?   

This is a valid worry.  No day goes by when bytemaster does not ask himself your question.

Bitshares X is his Original Vision.  His flagship.  His First Love.
However, as you may have noticed, his mind is very fertile.

While it is powerful when focused on code, it is more powerful when inventing. 
And it must be free to invent in any direction when the Muses kiss him.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse

Invictus is set up to deliver all that creativity and all that value to the wise, patient investor.
That's why we invented PTS and AGS for people to invest in. 
--So you get a payout no matter where the Muses may lead - because you are invested in it all!

Over time, a thousand trails will be blazed for others to exploit and PTS/AGS holders will have a piece of it all.
We are assembling teams of "finishers" to extend these trails, so we can deliver value consistently, if unpredictably.
We are giving these opportunities away to those willing to seize them.

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going."

Don't fight it.  Embrace it.   Invictus was designed to do just that.   :)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:12:23 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If it brings you any comfort, there are only a finite number of features to remove before you get to what XT is right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fredafrica

• View Profile

Hello Stan,

Best regards
Fred

I was an C++ developer also and I know what's your meaning. What I wanna say is BM focus on his mind in too many DACs and too much non-development job. Putting the Bitshares X aside and doing the job on the new DAC is really helpful? How he assured that all the problem in Bitshares ME will be solved quickly?

When you find that the work in the Bitshares ME takes time, what you gonna do? Try to create a DAC which is, for example, Bitshares MYSON, or you gonna have the Bitshares X back?   

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
Similarly, calling bytemaster out to explain himself takes his head out of the groove and delays the release even further.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Adding more developers will not help.  Bytemaster must think, test, observe, discuss, adjust, test, observe, think...  until he is confident that all known attacks can be stopped.  This will take time and he has developed a step by step test plan that minimizes risk to holders of XTS.

Also known as Brooks's Law, from the author ofThe Mythical Man-Month, who observed, "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later."

"Nine women can't make a baby in one month."
—Frederick Brooks
+5%
Thanks, I was about to post about this.  Good book.

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
Adding more developers will not help.  Bytemaster must think, test, observe, discuss, adjust, test, observe, think...  until he is confident that all known attacks can be stopped.  This will take time and he has developed a step by step test plan that minimizes risk to holders of XTS.

Also known as Brooks's Law, from the author ofThe Mythical Man-Month, who observed, "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later."

"Nine women can't make a baby in one month."
—Frederick Brooks

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Hello Stan,

Best regards
Fred

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

Hello Stan,

Best regards
Fred
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline cdryan

• View Profile

Hello Stan,

Best regards
Fred
I think so, the monney is enough,it is time to show your development efforts to prove worthy of our continued investment III.
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:19:43 am by cdryan »