Author Topic: [video] BitShares DNS  (Read 14063 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Wouldnt it be necessary that some organization (more abstractly a consensus about who handles it) that handles a domain name register to acknoledge this system?
I know Namecoin or BTS DNS are supposed to replace exactly this. But is the availability of the system as such enough. Doesnt it need some "political effort" to make this the system that everyone agrees upon worldwide?

In short, no.  This system can exist in parallel with current systems, and software will be made available to use it.  Eventually once it's become popular enough the major browser vendors may provide integration with this system by default, but it will work fine without any support from existing DNS "authorities."

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Wouldnt it be necessary that some organization (more abstractly a consensus about who handles it) that handles a domain name register to acknoledge this system?
I know Namecoin or BTS DNS are supposed to replace exactly this. But is the availability of the system as such enough. Doesnt it need some "political effort" to make this the system that everyone agrees upon worldwide?

Who, exactly, would you trust to do this?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/03/16/us-plans-to-give-up-oversight-web-domain-manager/?intcmp=latestnews

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Good to know the progress of BTS DNS, it's exciting to see so many DACs working in parallel.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
thank you toast  8)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It was to communicate "angelshare funding", I didn't mean to imply distribution. DNS will be 50/50 pts/ags.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
hey toast why is it that on your video presentation about bitshare dns, only AGS is honored ? how about PTS?

bitbro

Okay - toast is the man.  This guy is 20, and he's got potential... (1) He's sharp, (2) He's a good speaker and has potential to become a really good speaker (3) He can develop software like a champ.  I3 could really grow with toast and vice versa, my two cents

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.